Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

This mods no longer in development, if you are expecting a bug-fix and most people have moved on. You should try the mod-mod Rise of Mankind or the mod-mod-mod Caveman2Cosmos

Yes, I know it is no longer developped, I wanted to know whether someone else have encountered a simillar problem, to determine if it is the mod's bug or some rare basic game's bug or perhaps if someone would have known, how to counter it.
BTW what do you mean by the "mod-mod Rise of Mankind"? Is there a modification of the RoM mod? If you mean A New Dawn, I have that. But I admit I am considering downloading C2C, its just that I play seldomly these days, being in my final year at uni and such.

Yes, I know it is no longer developped, I wanted to know whether someone else have encountered a simillar problem, to determine if it is the mod's bug or some rare basic game's bug or perhaps if someone would have known, how to counter it.
BTW what do you mean by the "mod-mod Rise of Mankind"? Is there a modification of the RoM mod? If you mean A New Dawn, I have that. But I admit I am considering downloading C2C, its just that I play seldomly these days, being in my final year at uni and such.

What version of RoM are you using? 2.92? or earlier version?

I don't recall a blockade problem with RoM like you are describing. But it's been several years since I've played a serious game on 2.92. I personally actually liked v2.91 better. And I still have 2.81 Lite saved in my archives.

2.92 had some serious REVDCM bugs left in it. If you are using REV in that version this could be one of them. When I played 2.92 I never used REV and so I don't recall ever having a blockading tile display bug.

Hope this was of some help.

JosEPh

What version of RoM are you using? 2.92? or earlier version?

I don't recall a blockade problem with RoM like you are describing. But it's been several years since I've played a serious game on 2.92. I personally actually liked v2.91 better. And I still have 2.81 Lite saved in my archives.

2.92 had some serious REVDCM bugs left in it. If you are using REV in that version this could be one of them. When I played 2.92 I never used REV and so I don't recall ever having a blockading tile display bug.

Hope this was of some help.

JosEPh

Yeah, I have the 2.92 version and I do use REV. Thanks for the suggestion, the game isn't unplayable so far so I'll try to finish it. I'll also ty to start a new game, I'll turn of REV and see then, although I may wait untill I finish the current one and if there are other more serious problems I may uninstall the mod. Anyway thx

FildasKirk

When I played 2.92 I never used REV and so I don't recall ever having a blockading tile display bug.
How can i disable Rev? I have been played very long game and now civ4 can't proceed the turn. I'm very sad thereby :(

How can i disable Rev? I have been played very long game and now civ4 can't proceed the turn. I'm very sad thereby :(

Basically once you've set the Game set up options you are pretty much stuck with them for That game. Sorry.

Try going back 3-4 turns if you have a recent savegame or from the Autosave folder and see if you can then get by the "bad" turn.

JosEPh

I keep getting this message: "An unhandled exception occurred in Civ4BeyondSword.exe [6780]." Even if I restart the computer and continue playing, I will get the message at the same time. I'm not sure if the computer ran out of memory or if it's some strange glitch in the game where an event pops up that the mod can't handle.

Why are you restarting your computer?

Why not just go back to last autosave and see if you can play past the problem turn? Or the autosave before the last one?

JosEPh

I tried playing from the autosave, but it would crash at the same point. I tried restarting my computer because it said it was running low on memory. However, I have 8 GB of RAM and I wasn't playing any other games, so I'm not sure why it ran low on memory.

By the way, I have Windows 8. I'm not sure if there are compatibility issues.

How many Civs in your game? How big of a map? Do you have Revolutions Option Active? Barb Civ too?

If you are playing RoM 2.92 and have Revolutions On, then in the late game there can be a Bad Bug with REV.

Or you could be maxing out the game engine with Too many Civs and too many units. ( Are you getting close to 40+ Civs in the game? Playing on a Giant or bigger map?)

Just saying you have an "unhandled exception" with out details from your game does not help figure out what is wrong. And you do realize that RoM 2.92 has no support. I try to help with basic matters but I can't fix any bugs.

Zappara left several years ago.

JosEPh

The map was a large map with roughly 15 civs around 1900. The Rev mod is active and I'm not sure about the barb civ mod.

With the unhandled exception error, I was wondering if the number 6780 had any significance.

By the way, is Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn still supported?

The map was a large map with roughly 15 civs around 1900. The Rev mod is active and I'm not sure about the barb civ mod.

With the unhandled exception error, I was wondering if the number 6780 had any significance.

By the way, is Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn still supported?

Yes Rom-AND is still actively supported. You just didn't go deep enough to get to it's sub-forum here in RoM's forum. It's under Modmods even though it is its' own stand alone mod now.

JosEPh

Playing ROM and when I try to use strategy overlay an error message comes up ( always 6 times) that indicates a BUG failure of INI.
I can still play , but the error messages block the screen and overlay the in game events at the start of each turn. Any help would be appreciated

Top Bottom