Requested Mods

I would like to queue for example: barracks, armory, military academy.

At present of course the later buildings won't show as options until the earlier buildings are completed.

Is it possible to change the cultural borders of your first city to only allow the hex you build on and not the +1 around this hex?
If this is possible could you please create this mod and put it on the workshop? PLEASE!

I'd love a mod that in the start would give each empire a number of settlers (3-5) scattered around the map.

That way each civ would have sort of colonies right from the start, making some interesting events and wars..

Well I started attempting to mod this weekend because my buddies and I got to talking about the mod we would like to see.... And I have since discovered just how hard this modding stuff is and I doubt I have the ability to make the mod that we are wanting.

The core meat of what we want to do is create logical endgame unit family's

What sparked this discussion was how weak a Civ America is and its funny that all of America's best units are given out and generic units for everyone like Stealth Bomber, Modern Armor, MissleCruiser, Nuclear Sub etc..... is granted to everyone....

Well our concept is something that is more akin to the real world...

If you look around at the arsenals of the countrys in the world they tend to be divided up into families (Soviet/China, British/French, German, American) made units...

Thus the concept of how cool it would be for that to be in Civilization....

First we would divide up the Civ's into logical families

America - Shoshone - Egypt - Iroquois - Arabia - Aztecs - Inca - Maya - Polynesia - Zulus

Russia - Mongolia - Poland - China - Korea - Siam - Assyria - Songhai - Persia - Babylon - Huns

England - France - India - Celts - Greece - Portugal - Sweden - Carthage - Indonesia - Morocco - Spain

Germany - Austria - Japan - Denmark - Ethiopia - Netherlands - Rome - Byzantium - Ottomans - Venice

So there we have the Unit families created though as best we can granted its not totally historical lol but it has some logic ....

Next we need Iconic Units to comprise each family and no they dont have to always be equal....

Russian Units- T-34, T-62, Akula, Typhoon,OscarII, Kirov, Kiev,Mig-15, Mig-29,Tu-95,Tu-160,Mi-24,KA-52

American- M4,M1-As, Los Angelos, Ohio, Ticonderoga, Nimitz,Missouri, F-86, F-18,B-17,B-52,UH-60,AH-64

British- Char-B,FV4034,Trafalgar,Vangaurd,Type-45,
Charles DeGaul,Nelson,spitfire,Hurricane,Jaguar,EU Typhoon, AH-2, EU-Tiger

German- PanzerIV-TigerII-U-Boat,Type209,Deutschland, Graf Zeppelin,Bismark,Yamato,Zero,ME262,Panavia Tornado, JU-87Stuka, HE-111,A129,UE-Tiger

So this is a rough version of a unit list.... Obviously The German list is bit Older Tech but thats okay they just get an earlier period of dominance....

And lastly we thought that it would also be cool to have the ability to buy Units Via diplomacy so if you were say a country in one tree and you wanted a unit type from another you could make arraingements to purchase units to upgrade your force....

So would anyone be interested in trying to do what would probally be a pretty tough mod...???

edit: sorry, wrong forum category...meant it for the Mod Category.

I have my hands full with CivRome at the moment, but I think a really cool mod would be an epic 1000 or 2000 turn mod scenario of the World Map with 100 technologies, with dozens of buildings and units, that begins in 1776 with the birth of America and continues to the modern era.

oh man, it would be killer.

That would be cool (Also, report your own thread if you want mods to move it)

I was thinking of doing something like that but I got limited knowledge.

It would be fun if it was instead like the Conquest of New World scenario that just keeps on going up until whatever the year.

Is it possible to change the cultural borders of your first city to only allow the hex you build on and not the +1 around this hex?
If this is possible could you please create this mod and put it on the workshop? PLEASE!

That's a fairly easy mod. You can easily do it yourself with a text editor; just download whoward69's My Changes mod template, and add the following to the end of the file LUA/MyLuaChanges.lua:

Code:
function RemoveExtraCapitalHexes(hexPos, playerID, cityID, cultureType, eraType, continent, populationSize, size, fowState)
    if ( cityID == (Players[playerID]:GetCapitalCity()):GetID() ) then
        local iX, iY = ToGridFromHex(hexPos.x, hexPos.y)

for iDirection = 0, DirectionTypes.NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES - 1, 1 do
            local pAdjacentPlot = Map.PlotDirection(iX, iY, iDirection)
            if (pAdjacentPlot) then
                pAdjacentPlot:SetOwner(-1, -1, false, false);
            end
        end
    end
end
Events.SerialEventCityCreated.Add(RemoveExtraCapitalHexes)

Note I haven't tested it, but I'm pretty sure it should work. Send me a private message if it doesn't, or if you have any questions.

EDIT: Replaced my code with whoward69's much more elegant solution.

I really do not like same game speed with different game length settings.
Here is the explanation: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580535

I am playing on normal and problem is, that research is too fast. I can build small army and i am quickly in medieval era. I can build small new army and i am quickly in next era. That is weird.
+ If i want big army i have to sacrifice all. And you need big army becaouse of super damage from cities
+ Speed of units is slow you can travel many years from one corner to another even in moder era. That does not make sence.

So i would like to know if there is some balancing mode with more reality. Slower research, slower year count after one turn, and ideally possibility to build city and army (but that is not main problem.)

Thanks for info.

Hey guys, I've been annoyed in my multiplayer games by the fact that city states completely disable diplomatic options or the possibility to increase influence with them in any way once you're at war with their ally.

In the buildup to a world congress session, it has happened to me more than once that players would tumble over each other trying to court the city states, leading to situations where everyone easily has 60 influence with all city states and city states often switch allies. In an effort to deadlock this, enemy players routinely save up money, quickly buy out some city states and then declare war on me. Often, this amounts to him having beat me influence-wise 290 versus 275 for a certain city state, meaning that we both have legendary status for that city state. However, once at war, you don't have the option to win back the city state anymore via gold gifts, quests, election rigging or coups.

I am not looking for a mod that completely changes the way diplomatic influence works, but for a simple fix allowing for meaningful ways to get city state foes to reconsider their alliances at times of war, especially when you had a high influence with them or have been allies with them for a long time. Alternatively, there could be a mechanic that allows players to suggest a war pact to city state allies, with the likelihood of agreement and the cost of ensuring their loyalty depending on the influence of the player against whom war would be waged (ideally also taking into account influence over time, so they are more averse to waging war against long-time former allies than against players who recently bought their influence, and conversely, being more willing to wage war alongside a player that has had a solid influence with them for a longer time). Does anyone know if a mod like that exists or can (easily) be made? Thanks!

Mod that makes trading posts use the same/similar buildings as cities. If it has not already been made, I would request that when trading posts are built next to cities, they combine so that it makes the tile look like an extension of the city.

I don't know if someone has tried to do or to ask for it before, but would be really nice have an Indian exclusive city graphic, which will be used in India and maybe in Siam and Indonesia too. Anyway, it will be more helpful for who created a Indian themed civ.

Got an idea but no idea where to start.

Essentially, science is disabled and everyone gets techs together.

I'll give an example too: At the start everyone has the Agriculture tech. Then people don't decide on what they research but instead get all the techs together one by one.

Are there any mods that make it so you don't need strategic resources to build units and buildings? I can't find any on Steam Workshop.

If not, I'm requesting one.

Here are some distinct features I'd find awesome in this civ or the next one:

1. City expertise - The idea is that the population in a city gradually becomes more profficient at finance, manufacturing, farming.
- Accumulates due to natural accumulation (producing said resource) and player-selected city focus
- Player focus can be changed at any time and progress is not lost (e.g. a city became very good at producing food but now starts improving its manufacturing efficiency)
- Expertise levels give a city bonuses (% bonus, flat resource bonus) but also special abilities. E.g. you need to be at a certain level of food production proficiency to produce a settler.
- Expertise can be lost - e.g. producing a settler may set you bach a level in the food proficiency thus making you really have to chose between big cities and city spamming. Producing wonders could also require manufacturing expertise and set it back one level to prevent wonder spamming.

2. Resource market
Handles the trade of excess resources by less micromanagement.
The idea is for each civ you have contact with you can set overall trading policy (subsidize/fair price/overprice/embargo) - reflecting at what price are you willing to trade your surplus to those guys.
Buyers chose how much to spend on procuring strategics/luxuries.
The AI establishes fair price for each resource based on supply and demand and resolves who bought what specifically.
Buyers get increased happiness and army effectiveness and sellers get cash.

3. Army maintanance.
Each unit has a fixed, unique cost in food, gold and strategic resources.
Food comes from city growth and if not sufficient you can starve your cities to maintain your horde.
Gold comes from gold reserves but at much lower costs
Strategics come from the resource market and can be undersupplied limiting the effectiveness of the unit.

Sorry if this was already mentioned/done before, a quick search did not provide adequate results.

I'm looking for a way to disable the Civ-symbol window that appears on the lower middle of the screen in the LAN mode.

Well, I've been poking around and I can't find exactly what I want...

Essentially just a fixes. Make Heroic Epic and Alhambra free promotions work like Kilimajaro and Fountain of Youth ones, a unit gets them automatically once it comes close. Failing that, giving them automatically to all units like Great Lighthouse or Statue of Zeus.

Second, scout upgrade. I'd prefer it came a bit later, not archer like ruins do, but sometime in classical/medieval era when they run out of usefulness. Doesn't have to be archer either...

Essentially just a fixes. Make Heroic Epic and Alhambra free promotions work like Kilimajaro and Fountain of Youth ones, a unit gets them automatically once it comes close. Failing that, giving them automatically to all units like Great Lighthouse or Statue of Zeus.

This would be so great. Small question, would it be possible to allow great tile improvements to connect luxury resources like they do strategic? This is something I've wanted for some time.

The way differences in Idologies rape your happiness in the Modern Age in BnW is a game breaker for me. If the happiness effect had been something like 25% of what it is now, then I could work with it.

Is there a mod that changes this?

Is there an xml file in D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\... that I could edit to fix this (for me) - and would such a change stick?

Hello i miss a mod for Civ 4 that i want to play again in either CIV 5 or 4, i would be delighted if someone could help me find such a mod.

It were a giant earth map that scaled very well, every civilization started where they should, but in different time zone , so for example in the beginning the only civ that exist are civilizations that existed 4000 bc (roughly) , and as time developed new civilizations appeared , i think they gained some advantages in units,settlers etc. There were also some new gameconcepts like stability that made it harder to grow and kept the game balanced. I really dont know what this mod was called or if something similar exists in Civ 5 but i would appreciate tips of similar mods or the name of the mod for Civ 4.

Thanks alot in advance

Top Bottom