COTM 2 quick game

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
I am proud to present our first member-supplied quick game. Thanks to killercane for supplying this game which has it's focus on economy, a part we haven't really touched yet.

The Game
The civilization is Netherlands, and the year is 450 AD.

The Dutch are at the end of the Middle Ages, 3 turns from Metallurgy. King William has refrained from any such niceties as aqueducts and marketplaces and has gone for colosseums and cathedrals instead. As a result he is running quite a deficit. He has also favoured mines over irrigation everywhere.

King William dies however, and his son, William, takes over the business. He decides that the country needs to be wealthy and rich. This will require quite a few financial reforms to be done within a reasonable time.

The Objective
The main goal is to have your treasury to be worth 10000 gold as quickly as possible. The game ends when the main goal is completed. A point system will be introduced this time including minor rewards (or penalties) for accomplishing certain subgoals. The objective is to have the most points at the end of the game. The system goes as follows:
-you start with 1000 points
-10 points is lost each turn that the main goal is not completed.
-15 points is awarded for each tech discovered
-10 points is awarded for each luxury controlled at the end of the game
-20 points is awarded for having built adam smith's trading company (capturing it doesn't count)
-you will suffer a 20 point penalty for each AI which at the end of the game is either furious with you or is destoyed (by anyone)

The rules are the standard rules we use in cotm with these additions:
-culture must be preserved and so, no culture buildings (except colloseums) may be sold.

Other info
This quick game requires C3C 1.22 to play

Latest submission date is August 26th
To submit your game go to the gotm submission page and submit it as C3C Bonus 2, choosing the retirement option as victory condition. Ignore the response with jason score it gives you afterwards.

Once you have finished/submitted the game head over to the spoiler thread to discuss the game. Even if you miss the submission date we would still like to hear your story.

>> SAVE <<

The scoring system looks promising; I'll be interested to see how the game turns out. Just to clarify, "controlling" a luxury includes trading for it as well, correct?

Trading for it counts as controlling. Essientially I mean the number of luxuries present in the capital city's luxury box.

Sorry when I try to submit there I can't chose what kind quest is I can read:

"We are currently accepting submissions for Classic GOTM 46 (18 days 7 hours) and C3C COTM 15 (4 days 7 hours)"

So how to select "COTM 2 quick game" ?

regards

Theoden said:
Latest submission date is August 26th
I´m afraid you missed the deadline, billator. Sad thing, I would think your 730 AD finish might have scored pretty high.
EDIT: ...and welcome to CFC! [party]

Thx guys for ur replies and sorry cuz I'm such a bum to ask u silly questions.

”I´m afraid you missed the deadline, billator. Sad thing, I would think your 730 AD finish might have scored pretty high.”

Was a 730 AD with all resources traded and 2 new techs Banking and Financing :( .

I think can be done better then 730AD. I will experiment and keep u posted.

Welcome :wavey:

Sure, try this one again for your own interest, but there's another one available now with a deadline of 9/9 - GOTM 43 Quick Game.
Note that you should only submit your first shot at it. Replays are not allowed in any GOTM competition. :)

billator said:
Was a 730 AD with all resources traded and 2 new techs Banking and Financing :( .

I think can be done better then 730AD. I will experiment and keep u posted.
If you by all resources mean 8 then your score would probably be around 830, a pretty good score IMHO. And the 730AD date is the fastest I've seen.

You should definately try the Classic 43 quick game.

I would dare to ask an offtopic question:

I installed 1.27f on PTW but the reported version is still 1.21f. Is this normal or I should reinstall it from scratch?

Can I install 1.27f on a Civ 3 Complete it come with 1.27f already patched ?

--dan

Maybe you are running a different copy from the one that you patched? If you are running it from a shortcut I suggest you check the properties of the shortcut and see if its target is in the same place that you installed the 1.27f patch.

You can play with PTW 1.21f, but I think there are a few game changes in 1.27f.

I expect Civ3 Complete comes with PtW version 1.27f, as it was released long after the 1.27f update. You should have a PtW executable in that configuration. As I don't run Windows I'm probably not qualified to say, though :)

Top Bottom