Global WW2 on a gigamap!

pap1723

Prince
Update...
I've decided to make it a multiplayer emphasis, but I will also be including seperate events files for each individual country with the exception of the NEUTRALS.

I have an important question for you guys.
I need to know if I should include Britain and the United States as one civ called the Allies. My reasoning is that in the war, they seperated almost as one country with US officials running the war from Britain.

Please respond and tell me what you think.

Update #2
Map is about 75% completed.
I have finished the entire Western Hemisphere (North and South America), I also finished Africa and most of the Middle East and into India.

It is HUGE!
186 x 148

To put the size in perspective, the United States is 24 squares wide as opposed to only 12 squares wide in the regular World map. Also, the Pacific Ocean is huge. Hawaii is 24 tiles away from the coast in America.

The map looks great, and I hope to post pictures here tomorrow.

I have gotten a lot of tips on things to include/get rid of, from Captain Nemo, and I thank him for that, but, I am still looking for help with this scenario, hopefully after you see the map, it will interest some of you.

Thanks, Pap

Sounds cool.....how did you get a map that big?

------------------
"It is well that war is so terrible-we should grow too fond of it."
-Gen. Robert E. Lee, 1863

Dreadnought-
With MGE and TOT you can make the maps up to 32,767 big as opposed to the 10,000 allowed by Civ II.

I didn't mention it, but it is for MGE.

sounds intresting. I have MGE. I am willing to playtest, you can contact me at weimar_republic@hotmail.com when you are looking for them

------------------
Whats the point of living if you cant do anything stupid?

Ive played giga map exclusivly since Ive downloaded it, Ill test out that scen. too when you get it there, sounds great. But do the axis have control of south america? Ive seen that in the scen. that came with mge an didnt like it much, that and in 1 turn the french lose all of france, kinda shoddy on their behalf. And do you plan on adding any of the russian cities north of yakutsk like Anadir', Salekhard, Noril'sk or Palana? Small cities but cities none the less.

How about making all the Indian cities in open revolt against the British Empire as it was a major problem for the British to get the Men and aw materials from India. Ihave'nt seen it any other Scenarios.

weimar_republic---I will contact you for playtest when I need it. As it is right now, it may not be for a couple of weeks.

mike---I am probably going to make the scenario start in 1941 with either the German invasion of Russia, or more likely with Pearl Harbor in December. The problem with starting worldwide WW2 scenarios before that is that it can't follow history at all. After 1941, it is easier to allow the human players to decides what happens. I don't know about the northern cities in Russia, but on average there will be a lot of cities, but not overcrowded.

allhailIndia---I don't think it is fair for the Indian cities to go into revolt, but on a great tip from Captain Nemo, here is the idea...A lot of raw materials in Britain for the British cities to control huge numbers of units from their home islands. In India and in other pooerer parts of the world, the cities can only support one or two units, and will not get a lot of food. Therefore if the British player wants to keep those cities happy, etc., he needs to trade food with those Indian cities, making transports become a little more important.

SOME GAMEPLAY ISSUES:
Captain Nemo was kind enough to give me a bunch of ideas to use...

The only major shield production is from factories. Factories can only be built on plains. That way, I can decide where I want the big unit producing cities to be by loading it with factories, etc...

-There will be no railroads. Instead, the railroads will be changed into suburbs, and they will be in the large populated area such as US East coast, Europe, adn parts of Japan.

-I willLimit the size of any new cities built (Make Aquaduct = Civilian Population, limit size to 2) Aquaduct can't be built... New cities can only be "Military bases" limited to size 2.  All existing cities at the start of the game have "Civilian Population" and can grow)

-I have some other ideas on how the units will work, and I'll let you know details in a few days when I am more sure.

-Technologies are going to be geared more towards industry and economy and less with units

-Hills are going to change to evergreen forest because hills and mountains serve the same purpose

-Swamps will become rice paddies because there are very few large enough swamps on an Earth map. This way, I will be able to support large city populations in the east without unrealistic farming.

That should be enough for now, but I NEED HELP, anything you can offer, even if it is just ideas or somethign like that.

Thanks, Pap

Top Bottom