Nowadays Civilizations

Champi27

Proletarian
NOWADAYS CIVILIZATIONS
By Champi27

The mod will try to replace civilizations, barbarians, city-states and stuff for making it like nowadays world. My first project is to replace Vanilla civilizations, so the first 18 countries will be America, Germany, United Kingdom, China, France, Canada, Japan, India, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Greece, Italy, Egypt, Turkey, Thailand, Mexico, Mali and Iran.

I think you need a new name for the UU, first of all, the "ó" barely makes it different from the Roman UU.

Aside from that it looks cool, if you need help code-wise:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=385009

Art-wise:
forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=492821 (Although, I find this tutorial to be a bit dated, most icons now look much better but these are essentially the basics and everyting).

forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=499730
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=522695

Also, the "New Civilizations" part of the forum is ONLY for completed civs, the planning and such go into the Civ5 - Creation & Customization forum

OK, sorry for bad location :( and thanks for the information. I also have a problem with SDK, it can't make files for me. When I open a new project it sais "The imported project "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Firaxis\ModBuddy\Civ5Mod.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
C:\Users\Champi\AppData\Local\Temp\1j0qf22k.s31\Temp\Spain.civ 5proj"

I searched in these two locations and, of course, it were no files with these names in them. How can I solve the problem? Is it anything that I have to download?

Art-wise:
forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=492821 (Although, I find this tutorial to be a bit dated, most icons now look much better but these are essentially the basics and everyting).

Dated though it may be, the icons come out looking exactly like base-game Firaxis icons, right down to the letter. I know that Colonialist Legacies and a few other series of civs take quite a few deviations from the Firaxis format, but that's their choice, and, to be honest, as long as the icons have some nice shadows and pretty lighting, people aren't really too picky about them, design-wise. All that said, should you follow the tutorial, you should have an awesome-looking icon in maybe 45 minutes on your first go. It's a great tutorial. =)

As for your file-creating error - whenever SDK refuses to make a solution for me, I go to make a new file again and ignore all of the prompts to enter titles and names and authors and special thanks along the way, leaving either the defaults in the boxes or a small string of random letters (to meet the occasional length requirements). For some reason, this always works for me. Lord knows why. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I disagree that most icons now look much better. I, for one, quite prefer the Irkalla/Firaxis look. It's nice and simple.
...I'll shut up now, I promise. :D

Well, I had to copy other mod and open it for making a new mod :lol:, I hope I can solve the problem soon.

Ah, well. To each his own.
And the thick borders are just for show; of course you're supposed to take them off when you actually use the icon in a mod. Otherwise, it just looks silly.

OK. So I have been making civilizations and I have a plan for making a starter pack with 10 civiliations. I'll try to change the game to our days, so I'll replace civilizations, great people, barbarians and maybe wonders.
I'll be adding the civilizations' art and information in the first post.

Top Bottom