NES2 II: Age of Discovery

das

Regeneration In Process
NES REVIEW

NES2 I

Yup, I decided to start a new NES at last.

DO NOT POST UNTIL I SAY YOU CAN!

Setting

This is set in a completely different world, altered by a cosmic event changing history of the Dark Ages (for a timeline, view the attachment in the “development and preview thread”).

In 1255, a Visigoth expedition discovered the New World, arriving to Caribbean Sea. Before them, in 1195, the Scotians discovered Newfoundland and Labrador. In 1210, Sinhalese Indians discovered Kangaruppa - a continent which in our world is called Australia. Somewhere around this time, Incan Serpent Ships encountered the Mayans. Age of Discovery is coming to its end, and Colonial Age is about to begin.

For your usage, each nation has a national background.

Introduction

NES2 I was a good NES, and my only hope is that this will be at least half as good. Pick a nation, and begin to plot evil plans. As always.

TEMPLATE
Nation Name
Capital:
Ruler:
Government:
Tech. Level:
Religion:
Army:
Navy:
Economy:
Education:
Culture:
Confidence:
Projects:
Expeditions:
Nation Background:

Players, stories, orders, countries, NPCs, updates, map.

Players - no limit, for now. I will not play.

Stories - not necessary, but very encouraged. Good story-writers would get, time to time, bonuses based on their stories. And this time, it will be true unlike in NES2 I when I forgot about this promise. In the immortal words of stalin006, “storywriters get random events!”. Or something like that.

Orders - orders in a list. Please, not only stat-based and military orders - I encourage innovative solutions of various problems, like attaching AT mines to dogs (well, in this NES, that particular example might not be useful), removing swamps and rainforests in massive programs, making government reforms and many other such. There will also be projects - the local analog of wonders, but more about that later.

Countries - pick a NPC, create your own (tell me where and tell me some details - ruler, brief history, culture - and I will give you the stats) or start a rebellion or demand for independence. Note that these are not bound to succeed. If your country is in dire straits, you can switch country or flee and establish a “government in exile” and lead the resistance movement. If there is a civil war, you should probably pick a side or both sides could storm at the government forces - unless “government forces” is one of the sides in the civil war. Also, please read your nation background, and don’t act uncharacteristically. Note that while there are no alliances in the beginning, some nations are much more likely to ally then the others, dependant on past history (that’s why you probably should read the attached timeline), religion, and the presence/absence of a common threat. Don’t expect Khazaria and Baltia to ally, for example, as they often fought wars against each other. However, Khazaria is Judean Empire’s best ally, as the Judeans saved them once.

NPCs - lol, considering they’re NPC, I will play them, kinda. Same as the NPCs in all other NESes of late.

Updates - When I could update (that is, have enough orders, time and inspiration), I will update. When I promise to update, I WILL update. Updates will consist of “global events” (main news), “random events” (random events - people who write good stories get good random events, often related to what they’re writing about. And there is also always a “bad” random event for a random nation), “spotlight” (a more detailed description of something that happened) and “ooc” (OOC comments and death threats).

Map - I will use Jason’s - much as I would like to use NK’s modification, but I’m too lazy to draw the map again. Anyone is welcome to do that, though. I will put in cities (black circles), fortifications (line of black squares) and dissent areas (white area within nations). Barbarians will not be represented in the map unless unified under a single leader in a clearly defined area. Their raids can sometimes damage your economy. Note that you only know the area of your nation, the area immediately around it, the (rough) area of nations that you have contacts with and - you guessed it - the area immediately around them. There are always exceptions, ofcourse.

Government

Government - is your form of government. Now note that I DON’T want the “Sheep2’s Oceania” syndrome in this NES. You are free to change your government, and explain it how ever do you want, but that can piss off followers of the previous governments, and might lead to nation-wide riots. Or a civil war, depending on what mood I am in.

Technology Level

Will use the age system. It is the same as in other NESes of other people, ofcourse the ages are not identical. You can always, say, TRY to invent a helicopter in the Enlightenment Age, but that’s not guaranteed to work. However, it could work, and it will be fairly interesting IMHO. This begins in the Early Colonial Age.

Early Colonial (Renaissance) Age: Culture is flourishing like never before in the last hundred years! Not that you care, so here are the weapons: primitive gunpowder weaponry, ocean-travelling ships, cannon siege towers, etc.
Middle Colonial Age: advanced gunpowder weaponry, better ocean-travelling ships, colonial militias.
Late Colonial Age: More advanced gunpowder weaponry, ships-of-the-line, improved fortifications, and whatever else you people invent by then.
Early Industrial Age: very good firearms and cavalry, improved military doctrine, and maybe reconnaissance balloons.
What does the future hold?

Religion

Religion matters greatly in this NES, at least in the beginning. You can declare holy wars on people of different religions. Religious minorities might assist their brethren, and often attract hostility of the majority of your people. Relations are more strained between people of different religions. Religious leaders (such as the Pope) can often be very annoying, especially if they have any real power. You CAN theoretically switch religion, but if its not the one of religious majority, well, your people won’t like it. New religions can appear from time to time, or can even be created - if they gain significant following, then its good. Different religions COULD offer different bonuses. Major religions will be listed somewhere.

Military

That will, as of now, consist of army and navy (later to be joined by air force). These will be number-based as it gives more versatility. These will be represented in battalions and ships (divisions and task forces are too modern age, and were not too realistic to begin with due to their sizes).

What will you have in it? Anything that is allowed by your tech. level! Infantry, cavalry, artillery, engineers - you name it. Each “stat-growth” will increase any part of military by 5.

Using advanced tactics and strategy is advised. If you just order “attack enemy on the border with 10 divisions”, I will think that you order me to launch a mere charge at the enemy. That might work, but rarely.

Attention - some new rules here.

Mercenaries - if you pay an economy level, you will get 10 divisions of well-trained fighting men. They will be separated from your own battalions in the stats, and will leave after two turns, unless you pay them another economy level. Yes, they are expensive, but they are quite worth the price. Btw, you can also hire “mercenary” ships that can also act as privateers.

UUs - one per nation, but can be changed at any point (though the newly-“demoted” UU units will not be happy). I will keep a list of them, somewhere. Could be land, sea, or air at a later point. They will be separated from other battalions/ships in the stats. They are grown as normal units. Remember to keep them REALISTIC.

Economy

This is the most original part, I think. It will be in word-levels. Unlike in the other NESes, you don’t have to pay economy levels to do anything (my reasoning is that no matter what some people say, national economy is not as unstable and absurd as to rise and drop in turns as the years go). You will have two spend points for every turn, to be spent on increasing any stat save for economy. Otherwise, you could use both spend points to grow economy.

If you want to hurry up a project by two turns, you can sacrifice an economy level, please note that you can do it only once during a project. Otherwise you can sacrifice an economy level (one per turn only, although compatible with the project being hurried up) to receive six extra spending points for a turn.

Economy can, just like any other stat, grow or decrease due to random events. However it is even more influenced by random events then other stats as this is the crucial one.

Depression-Bankrupt-Recession-Very Poor-Poor-Normal-Good Enough-Rich-Very Rich-Richest- Economic Powerhouse-Monopoly (after Monopoly, you get Monopoly+x, where x is the amount of economy levels beyond Monopoly)

Education

This is just how your people are... educated, I guess. Obvious enough. With a good education, you have better chances of receiving a “miraculous invention”. It also affects just how advanced are your weapons, and thus the success of your army in a battlefield.

Once someone reaches Enlightenment education, he becomes able to randomly to get the next age at any following turn. When he does, he loses two education levels.

None-Dumb-Illiterate-Tolerable-Literate-Educated-Well Educated-Academic-Enlightenment

Culture

This is how culturally strong, patriotic and unified your nation is. A nation with a strong culture is less likely to fall into a civil war, and it’s people would resist most invaders and otherwise help their government. This also influences army morale. A weak culture is unlikely to be as resistant to outside threats, there are often rebellions and defections.

None-Divided-Untrusting-Average-Strongly Cultured-Patriotic-Hyperpatriotic-Jingoist-Uberpatriotic

Confidence

People can be fiercely unified and patriotic, but they will not necessarily like their ruler - in fact, a strongly cultured nation with little confidence in its leaders can, in its cultural unity, lynch the rulers and fire their remains from cannons. Into the huge pot filled with boiled sharks. Not that the rulers will care by then... You can grow confidence by economy (propaganda), but wouldn’t it be easier to write a speech or persuade the people that you are the leader they need?

Lynching-Hateful-Resentful-Barely Tolerating-Tolerating-Respecting-Admiring-Loving-Nation Personified

Projects

Local equivalent of wonders (that name is inappropriate in most NESes, as these are often modernization programs, national revival and other PROJECTS, not just huge and magnificent buildings). You tell me what it does, I tell you how long do you build it. You don’t have to mention it is being worked on every turn. You can sacrifice an econ. level once for a project to speed it up by two turns.

Expeditions

Perhaps the most original of my “inventions”, made to better capture the spirit of world exploration. You can send exploration expeditions into a certain directions, to discover new lands, establish new contacts, and - sometimes, if the commanders smell an opportunity - even gain new territories! Before an official (or unofficial) expedition goes there and comes back, none or few people will want to colonize new areas. You can assign a goal (“sail west to find India”) and battalions and/or ships to an expedition. Expeditions cannot be recalled once they have started - the commanders will be in control now. Ongoing expeditions are in your stats.

Nation Background

Some may think I stole this from EQ, but I got that an idea once, long, long ago. I know noone is likely to believe that, lol...

To better fit in as the ruler of your country, you will have a brief history of each country. It will change as the NES goes, TIME TO TIME - after the end of a major era, such as the beginning/end of a world war, rise/fall of an empire, and other such.

PCs

Messipa Empire
Capital: Ojibva
Ruler: “White Chief” Robert Wallace/North King
Government: Despotism
Tech. Level: Middle Medieval Age
Religion: Animism
Army: 82 battalions
Navy: 5 ships
Economy: Good Enough
Education: Educated
Culture: Hyperpatriotic
Confidence: Nation Personified
Projects: Isolation’s End (+1 Age, missionary efforts) (7/8)
Nation Background: Messipa Empire, the Mississippi peoples united against various nomadic “barbarians”, such as Aztecs, has suffered badly from the “Ocean Plague”, the diseases brought by Scotian explorers. Nevertheless, it is rapidly rebuilding.

Tarunist States of Atlantis (TSA)
Capital: Finntown
Ruler: Kushana Palmen/Reno
Government: Militarism (rebellion)
Tech. Level: Early Colonial Age
Religion: Tarunism
Army: 43 battalions, 39 colony guard battalions
Navy: 44 ships
Economy: Very Poor
Education: Illiterate
Culture: Average
Confidence: Respecting
Projects: Castle Atlanta (defenses around Finntown, +2 Education, +1 Economy, +1 Confidence) (4/7)
Nation Background: The "noble triumverate", three conspirators against King Mielus II, have decided to found their own country in the colonies. Although it seemed not likely that any such rebellion will succeed, Palmen had the respect of the colonists and the loyalty of the Colony Guard. In the first three years of the rebellion, it had much luck, but it seems that it is hated by Christians and Tarunists alike now...

Incan Empire
Capital: Cuzco
Ruler: Sapa-Inca Meperi/Cuivienen
Government: Divine Monarchy
Religion: Polytheism
Army: 61 battalions
Navy: 33 ships
Economy: Monopoly
Education: Enlightenment +1
Culture: Uberpatriotic
Confidence: Loving
Projects: Imperial Library (+3 Education, +3 Culture) (Done!)
Nation Background: Incan Empire is a powerful and advanced civilization that is yet to contact equals, and thus holds itself as the only true civilization in the world. While they do have contact with Mayans and Polynesians, and failed to crush the Vakuchi confederation, they are all primitive when compared with the Incans. It is unknown as to what will happen when the Incans meet the western civilization.

Papal States
Capital: Fantasium
Ruler: Pope Fantasius I/fantasmo
Government: Theocracy
Religion: Catholic Christianity
Army: 5 battalions
Education: Well Educated
Culture: Strongly Cultured
Projects:
Nation Background: The Pope had been the leader of the Catholic Christianity for centuries now, yet never before did he have any territorial independance. Now, in an effort to increase their prestige, the Britannians lured the Pope out of Toulouse and gave him a nice new papacy in Ireland.

Britannia
Capital: Camelotium
Ruler: ?/Sgt. Hellfish
Government: Feudal Monarchy
Army: 152 battalions, 13 Royal Horse
Navy: 37 ships
Economy: Normal
Projects: Portsmouth Docks (+3 navy, improved naval training) (Done!), Tower of Londonisium (permanent +5 battalions every two turns, +1 Confidence) (3/8)
Nation Background: Artoros’ empire is now in ruins, having lost Armorica and Caledonia. Nevertheless, Britannia is gaining new importance as a Christian naval power in the Northern Sea, where Tarunists threaten them all. It has pretty good naval commerce as well.

Burgundia
Capital: Arlusea
Ruler: Arlus IV/Toteone
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Army: 96 battalions, 37 early musketeer battalions, 8 mercenary battalions
Economy: Economic Powerhouse
Education: Academic
Confidence: Admiring
Projects:
Nation Background: Emerging from the four brutal Burgundian Feudal Wars, newly-centralized Burgundia was led by Arlus the Great, who made it the power it is now. Whether or not his successor keeps it that way is unknown… The ethnic minority of Norsorbs is insignificant.

Visgothia
Capital: Toulouse
Ruler: Siegfrid/tossi (reserved)
Army: 60 battalions, 50 Martin battalions
Navy: 99 ships
Culture: Jingoist
Confidence: Tolerating
Projects: Castle of Olisipo (+40 UU, +2 Economy) (8/12)
Nation Background: Once the leading Catholic power, it was stagnating for a long time now, especially after its allies in Burgundia were defeated by Arlus. However, the Pope lives in their capital, and they were the first Catholics and Christians to set foot on the New World. There is much opportunity to be found there. Ebrondian Sorbs and the Basques are dangerous to the stability of this kingdom.

Severoslavia
Capital: Delenis (AKA Delenograd)
Ruler: ?/Gelion (reserved)
Religion: Aryan Christianity
Army: 19 battalions, 13 volkoshkurs
Navy: 1 ships
Education: Educated
Projects:
Nation Background: Severoslavia is now the true first line of Christianity’s defense against Tarunism. Its armies and fleets often have to fend back raids, and its forces marched to as far as the river Itil to fight their Tarunist foes. Economy suffers due to constant raids and pillages, but Delenarius’ empire is powerful nonetheless.

Polia
Capital: Nove Mjasto
Ruler: ?/SKILORD (Reserved?)
Religion: Aryan Christianity
Army: 27 battalions
Navy: 11 ships
Economy: Rich
Education: Literate
Culture: Patriotic
Projects:
Nation Background: One of the four strongest tribes in Daroslav’s Slavic horde, Poles, or Polians, settled in former Pannonia. There, it fought many wars with all of its neighbors, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Capable leadership might make it an important regional power.

Khazarian Kaganate
Capital: Tmutahan
Ruler: Kagan Solomon III/erez87
Government: Divine Monarchy (Kaganate)
Tech. Level: Middle Colonial Age
Religion: Itzhakism
Army: 178 battalions, 39 elaphim rider battalions
Navy: 34 ships
Education: Enlightenment +2
Projects: “The Freedom Army” (+5 battalions per turn) (Done!)
Nation Background: Khazaria is now reunited again, and is wishing for a revenge against Tarunist Baltia which supported the Tarunist Khazars in the civil war. It has good allies, and its military might soon be able to challenge the Baltians themselves.

Alexandrine Empire
Capital: Alexandria
Ruler: ?/conehead234
Government: Senatorial Monarchy (traditional Roman system)
Religion: Monophisite Christianity
Army: 50 battalions, 52 Imperial Infantry
Navy: 89 ships
Economy: Very Rich
Education: Enlightenment +1
Projects: Great Lighthouse of Alexandria (+20 ships, +1 culture) (Done!), Imperial Bank System (+2 Economy, +2 Education) (Done!), ASN (secret) (2/4)
Nation Background: The only “true” successor to the Roman Empire - and a worthy one indeed - Alexandrine Empire is, as of now, generally on the rise. The new Herculean Canal is both a safe border with Judea and a link between Mediterranean and Red Seas, owned by Alexandrine Empire and Judea and benefiting both. The cooperation and trade with Sinhala was most beneficial, and the once-great Ugul Empire is now divided. Now, if only those nasty Berbers could be defeated once and for all...

Zulu Empire
Capital: Zimbabwe
Ruler: King Wamcango/Warlord Matt
Government: Despotism
Tech. Level: Late Medieval Age
Army: 82 battalions
Navy: 15 ships
Economy: Richest
Projects:
Nation Background: In part stimulated by the Sinhalese merchants, the South Bantu tribes united, crushed the upstart kingdom in Zimbabwe, and formed the “Zulu Empire”. They are fairly primitive, and might seem easy prey, but those
black-skinned warriors are not the ones to surrender.

Byzantine Empire
Capital: Constantinople
Ruler: Imperator Polius Mitrokratus/Insane Panda
Religion: Orthodox Christianity
Army: 49 battalions, 28 kataphraktoi
Navy: 72 ships
Projects: The Invincible Armade (+50 ships) (9/12)
Nation Background: Trebzond is the second strongest Byzantine state, and the first one in Anatolia. Having united some northeastern Anatolian minors, Trebzond might just manage to restore the Byzantine Empire (excepting, ofcourse, Crete... but even the merchant republic might one day be defeated).

Sinhalese India
Capital: Anuradhapura
Ruler: Vijaya/Capulet
Religion: Buddhism (a moderate Hinduist minority)
Army: 191 battalions, 50 IGT battalions
Navy: 122 ships
Economy: Monopoly +11
Education: Enlightenment +2
Culture: Uberpatriotic +1
Confidence: Nation Personified +1
Projects: Advanced Weaponry (+20 battalions, develops an accurate and powerful gunpowder rifle) (Done!), Phase One (classified) (5/14)
Nation Background: Sinhalese India is the world’s first: trade empire, colonial empire, fully unified Indian empire and the nation that survived a Juang attack. It is the most advanced nation, with many sciences and arts flourishing. And exploration keeps bringing more and more lands to colonize and natives to trade with...

Korean Empire
Capital: Pusan
Ruler: Emperor Paenjong/Azale
Government: Monarchy
Religion: Buddhism
Army: 81 battalions
Navy: 20 ships
Projects: The Magnificent Harbor of Seoul (+40 ships) (1/10)
Nation Background: The N’Dranese people are highly patriotic Korean colonists. Having rebelled from the Juangs before, they now find themselves rebelling from Sinhala.

Ming China
Capital: Hangzhou
Ruler: Emperor Hong Wu
Government: Bureaucratic Monarchy
Religion: Confuciism
Army: 66 battalions, 46 Ming Imperial Guard, 10 mercenary battalions
Navy: 77 ships
Education: Enlightenment
Projects: Education for All (+2 Education, +1 Confidence) (Done!), Imperial Splendor (+2 Confidence, +2 Culture) (1/6)
Nation Background: The Ming Empire of China had it’s root in the Rebellion of the Heavenly Warriors against the Juang Empire. After the death of the last Juang Emperor and the Great Freedom Fighter Tzin Shu, the Empire of Ming China gained most of the Chinese lands of the Juang. Recently, it has taken the city of Juankorum and has all lands of the Chinese Empire under it.

Sabah
Capital: Jesselton
Ruler: Alauddin/BananaLee (reserved)
Government: Tribal Council
Tech. Level: Late Medieval
Army: 53 battalions, 12 secret
Navy: 38 ships, 10 Takahara Frigates
Projects: Drive for Modernization (build towns, connect them by roads, reorganize the military, +1 Economy) (Done!), Annual Wonders Fair (+2 Education, +1 Age) (1/7)
Nation Background: Fearful that their one-time conquerors, the Sinhalese, will occupy Maliam, a large group of Malays decided to start a refugee move to the east, towards their "New Malaysia".

Hamamatsu Dynasty Japan
Capital: Hamamatsu
Ruler: Sheguwata Henoken/Erik Mesoy
Government: Divine Monarchy
Army: 20 battalions, 17 gunpowder samurai battalions
Navy: 78 ships, 20 Takahara Frigates
Economy: Richest
Culture: Uberpatriotic +1
Confidence: Nation Personified +2
Projects: Sheguwata’s Great Leadership (+1 Culture, +1 Confidence, +1 Economy, +1 Army) (Done!), School of Unity (it prevents civil wars and will advance my nation to the next age when complete) (1/5)
Nation Background: The Juang Manchu exploited the Japanese civil wars well, conquering Japan in the beginning of the Juang Empire. However, resistance continued, and finally, in 1194, the Ronin Rebellion eventually managed to liberate and reunify Japan. Now, Japan is facing a civil war.

NPCs

Mayan Empire
Capital: Copan
Ruler: General Thirty Knifes
Religion: Blood Cult (tiny Catholic minority)
Army: 41 battalions
Navy: 10 ships
Projects: Maya Reunified (+2 culture, +1 confidence, +2 army) (Done!)
Nation Background: Mayan Empire - now reunited!

Polynesia
Capital: Polynuru
Ruler: Aula-Inca Vakatha
Government: Divine Monarchy (Incan puppet)
Tech. Level: Late Medieval Age (thanks to the Incans)
Army: 45 battalions
Navy: 40 ships
Projects:
Nation Background: Polynesia is ruled by an Aula-Inca, an Incan governor who is essentially independent due to the contact difficulties. It is as far west as the Incan Serpent Ships ever sailed.

Lombardia
Capital: Rome
Ruler: Imperator Liudprando II
Government: Senatorial Monarchy (Roman system)
Army: 21 battalions
Navy: 13 ships, 11 skullwalls
Projects:
Nation Background: The “successor” to the First and Second Roman Republics, Lombardia (with Latin as the official language) suffered from bad leadership and corruption recently. However, it is in a strategic position in the Mediterranean, and if it manages to concentrate on naval power, it might challenge Crete.

Croatia
Capital: Split
Ruler: Voevod Ariy I
Religion: Aryan Christianity (large Catholic minority)
Army: 54 battalions
Navy: 20 ships
Projects:
Nation Background: Croatia is the most modernized and Romanized Slavic nation. Its leadership was quite wise, and managed to forge friendly relations with most (surviving) neighbors, and it is a potentially bright future for Croatia.

Svenia
Capital: Kalmar
Ruler: Olaf Petranssen
Government: Theocratic Monarchy
Religion: Tarunist
Army: 135 battalions, 4 colonygaard battalions
Navy: 50 ships
Projects: Great Expedition Harbor of Kalmar (+1 culture, +2 army, +1 navy) (Done!), Great Barracks of Stockholm (+50 batalions) (3/10)
Nation Background: Svenia has often fought against the Anglo-Saxons in Anglia’s early history, but now, the two are close allies due to religious links.

Fennia
Capital: Turku
Ruler: Mielus II
Army: 24 battalions
Education: Tolerable
Projects:
Nation Background: Fennia is also a comparatively peaceful Tarunist nation, in part due to not having any immediate land or sea borders with non-Tarunist nations. Its future is unknown.

Baltia
Capital: Marska
Ruler: Konig Ragnar van Dunkelheit
Army: 18 battalions, 10 living saints battalions
Navy: 30 ships
Projects: Valhallasburg (+2 Economy, +1 Education) (4/5)
Nation Background: Baltia is a powerful nation, now the dominant Tarunist power and the only Tarunist nation to concentrate on land military, as opposed to the navy. It has very, very great potential no matter as to which direction they expand to. However, Khazaria to its south is rebuilding, and to its west, Severoslavia, the archenemy of all Tarunists, is eager for a fight. As always, Baltia’s destiny can only be forged in the fires of war.

Berhebria Hadasht (New Berberia)
Capital: Arrakis
Ruler: Arakind
Government: Feudal Monarchy
Army: 40 battalions
Navy: 30 ships, 10 skullwalls
Projects:
Nation Background: Berberia is unique - its economy is based on just three significant components which are slave trade, sea trade and, ofcourse, piracy. Despite many attempts to utterly stamp it out, the Berber pagans keep starting on piracy over and over again. The Berber Pirates are experiencing a renaissance.

Judean Empire
Capital: Jerusalem
Ruler: King David VI and Rabbi Solomon II
Religion: Itzhakism
Army: 71 battalions, 51 elaphim
Projects: Beth ha-Melach Palace (+2 Culture, +1 Confidence) (3/5)
Nation Background: Driven by the wish of revenge for Massada and the concept of Melkhama Hakdosha (Holy War), the Itzhakist forces, consisting mainly of Bedouins but also of City Arabs and Jewish communities in Arabia, have reclaimed Judea and built an empire. The God’s Chosen People have taken their rightful place, it would seem, but is it trully safe?

Kazakan
Capital: Aktau
Ruler: Gehleq-Khan
Government: Tribal System
Religion: Polytheism (small Itzhakist minority)
Army: 110 battalions
Navy: 0 ships
Education: Illiterate
Projects:
Nation Background: As the Juang Empire lost the war with Sinhala, Kazakanese rebels managed to carve out a nation of their own.

Persian Empire
Capital: Ctesiphon
Ruler: Emperor Chremus Eleucid
Religion: Itzhakism (significant Mithrianist minority)
Army: 60 battalions
Navy: 40 ships
Projects:
Nation Background: Once a great power, Persia suffered a civil war and an instatement of a religion not accepted by most of its population. Many think Persia will soon break up again... but maybe, that could be avoided?

Baluchan
Capital: Kandaar
Ruler: Avidir
Religion: Buddhism (small Itzhakist minority)
Army: 61 battalions
Projects:
Nation Background: One of the five Sinhalese vassals carved out from the Juang Empire.

Turkan
Capital: Chungar
Ruler: Alatesh
Religion: Buddhism (small Itzhakist minority)
Army: 58 battalions
Projects:
Nation Background: One of the five Sinhalese vassals carved out from the Juang Empire.

Tibet-Nepal
Capital: Lhasa
Ruler: Dalai-Llama
Government: Theocracy
Army: 120 battalions
Projects: Mountain Caravans (+1 spend point every turn, permanently) (1/5), Naval Engineering (classified) (3/10) (on hold)

Java
Capital: Jakarta
Ruler: Aurivayam
Army: 69 battalions
Navy: 55 ships
Economy: Rich
Confidence: Barely Tolerating
Projects:
Nation Background: Javan expansionist ambitions were often thwarted by unstability, thus allowing Sinhala to grab many of its colonies. But there still is time for Java to claim new lands, and perhaps build an empire - all it needs is competent leadership, really.

Reseved!!!!!!

Extra reserved+map

Attachments

• NES2 II 1255.GIF
    NES2 II 1255.GIF
    90.5 KB · Views: 812
Misc.

Wars:

Messipian War: Messipia vs. Tarunist Alliance
Third Berber War: Berberia vs. Croatia, Lombardia, Visgothia
Khazar-Trebzond War: Khazaria, Persia, Judea vs. Byzantine Empire
Great Chinese Rebellion: Ming China, N’Dran vs. Juankorum Commune
Fourth Great Tarunist Crusade: European Christian Alliance vs. Tarunist Alliance
Mayan War: Maya, Severoslavia, Visgothia, Incan Empire vs. Svenia

Alliances:

Inca-Polynesia Alliances: Incan Empire, Polynesia
Tarunist Alliance: Svenia, Fennia, Baltia
Itzhakist Alliance: Judean Empire, Persian Empire, Khazarian Kaganate
European Christian Alliance: Severoslavia, Burgundia, Croatia, Lombardia, Britannia, Polia,
Sinhalese-Alexandrine Alliance: Sinhalese India, Alexandrine Empire
Yugoslavic Alliance: Polia, Croatia
Sinhalese Commonwealth: Sinhalese India with Baluchan, Tibet-Nepal

Diplomatic Agreements:

Lombardia-Severoslavia NAP
Sinhala-Juang NAP
Khazar-Baltian NAP

UUs:

Burgundia: early musketeers - early musket type folk
Japan: gunpowder samurai - samurai with guns
Sinhala: IGT - An elite unit of the Indian military that uses the latest breakthroughs in gunpowder technology. Each team consists of nine men soldiers, three who fire first, then while the first three are reloading, then the third team fires while the second team reloads, then the first time fires, and so on. The units will be used as artillery against oncoming enemy forces.
Berberia: skullwall - slow coastal ironclads, mostly defensive
Svenia: colonygaard - colonial militia
TSA: colony guard - gunpowder infantry equipped with throwing axes in case of bad weather
Judea: elaphim - well-organized, well-disciplinned versatile infantry, trained to fight with swords, pikes and muskets.
Baltia: The Living Saints of Baltia - bravest Baltians, Emperor’s personal elite whiteclad guard
Tokugawa: Takahari Frigate - the most powerful warship so far, combining Juang and Sinhalese designs.
Heavenly Warriors: Ming Imperial Guard - Formerly members of the Huo Chang Ren, these are now the Elite Troops of the Ming Empire with the newest technological weaponry available to the Empire. They are famous for their loyalty to the Dynasty
Visgothia: Martin Knight - fanatical crusader cavalry
Khazaria: Elaphim riders - mounted elaphim
Sabah: secret - secret (Banana, you are only the second person to ask for an exact same UU and to have it classified, too)
Britannia: Royal Horse - combined light and heavy cavalry with impecable disciplinne and fitness.
Byzantine: Kataphraktoi - heavy cavalry
Alexandrine: Imperial Infantry - elite Alexandrine infantry, suited for melee and ranged combat, specializes in desert combat.
Severoslavia: Volkoshkurs - Christian world’s first and finest professional partisans. Volkoshkurs are good on foot and mounted, and expert at hit-and-run and supply raids.

Religions:

Animism: It’s a basic Animism (i.e. African tribes).
Polytheism: It’s a basic Polytheism (i.e. Ancient Greek).
Blood Cult: A polytheism/monotheism based on human sacrifice (i.e. Aztec, but doesn’t have to be on that extent).
Catholic Christianity: While never having as much power, influence or the Spanish inquisitions as in the real world, it is fairly important. Is significant in Western Europe, where it clashes with Arianist Christianity. Led by the Pope of Toulouse.
Arianist Christianity: Based on the premise that Jesus Christ was an adopted son of God, Arianist “heresy” is very spread out in the north of Western Europe and amongst the Slavic nations. It is fairly decentralized and separated from the state.
Orthodox Christianity: Under the Byzantine Empire, it was being turned into a tool of the government, but it is now more independent. It is Iconoclastic and very “puritan”. Led by the Patriarch of Trebzond, is spread amongst the Byzantine Successor States.
Monophisism: Denying the concept of trinity, Monophisism is largely isolated to Alexandrine Empire, and, in part due to this, it is rarely more then the Emperor’s tool. Patriarch of Alexandria is often a puppet.
Tarunism: A militant “Viking” religion, Tarunism is a monotheism that emerged from Norse polytheism. Some of its concepts - such as the Berserkers and the Ragnarok became even stronger. Ragnarok will judge all people, and the good ones will go to the realm of Tarun after the battle, while those evil will be left to die and suffer. All sins are forgiven to those who kill the infidels! Berserk zealots are often “canonized”.
Itzhakism: A reformed, militant and expansionist version of Judaism, formed in the Jewish communities of the Arabian peninsula. Driven by the concepts of the Holy War, Arabian converts reclaimed Judea and in return, joined the proud ranks of the Semitic Chosen Peoples. State and religion are never separated (not officially, anyway) in an Itzhakist nation.
Mithrism: One of the old Persian religions, even triumphing over Zoroastrism under Kabirash dynasty in Persia. Now, however, it is no longer a state religion anywhere, it is, in fact, the majority in officially-Itzhakist Persia.
Tyrayanna Buddhism: The dominant religion in the Far East (due to it being favored by the Juang Chinese Empire), it is headed by the Dalai Llama, whom the Juang Chinese allow to keep his independence. While in most cases a peaceful religion, it does not make the Mongol rulers of China any more peaceful, and besides, the Warrior Monks defending Tibetan monasteries are most terrifying indeed.
Hinduism: Though it is not a state religion anywhere, it is legal in Sinhalese India, and is fairly widespread in the north of India.
Confucism: Though it is not a state religion anywhere, it is very popular amongst the Chinese peasantry as it appeals to the poor. It is harshly persecuted by the Juang Chinese Empire, as it often inspired peasant uprising in South China.

NEW FEATURE:

Scapegoat-for-the-turn: Toteone, for changing orders three times or so.

Ruler: The Wang Emperor/fantasmo

Are you mocking me?

Confirmig Severoslavia once again and bookmarking this thread.

To: Croatia

We are friendly, or so my advisors tell me, and so I have elected to ask you for a treaty of friendship and Alliance so that we can together build ourselves against the growing threats to our mutual interests as modern Balkan states.

JosefStalinator said:
hehe

Question: whats the pruple country that has modern day vladivostok?

i do believe it is N'Dran, and I do believe it shall soon be invaded.

By me.

To Japan
From Juang China

I propose an alliance. I have no intention of invading you regardless, however, you must know that I can easily overpower and conquer you. So long as you stay away from N'Dran and Kamchatka, you may do as you will, and we have an alliance.

Reconfirming the glorious Messipain Empire! The first on the list, the best in the world! Well, ok, first on the list.

To Burgundia:
Severoslavia would like to enter a NAP with Burgundia.

Top Bottom