Show me your orders/battle plans!

Cuivienen's next update will show me the fruits (or lack there of) my labors so far.

You wanna see some long orders? I wrote these in war against das, so I was paranoid.

Spoiler long orders :
Ottoman Empire
Capital: Istanbul
Ruler: ?/North King
Government: Monarchy
Tech. Level: Late Industrial Age
Army (Training): 24 Divisions (Normal)
Navy (Training): 14 Squadrons (Tolerable)
Air Force (Training): None
Industry: 3 (1/2)
Economy: Good Enough (+2) (5/6)
Education: Literate (1/2)
Culture: Average
Confidence: Respecting
Projects:
Technologies:
Nation Background: Despite the many reversals of late 18th/early 19th century, the Ottomans - ever since the Russian War, their first victory against an European power for a long time - were on a way back to primacy, subduing Arabia and expanding into Africa. Still, the multinational empire faces many challenges...

Domestics:

Sacrifice One Economy level, garnering 6 eco points (unless the 6 eco points are added to the 1 or 2 I usually get, in which case, use the extras to increase industry further).

3 into industry, raising it to 5.
1 into education, raising it to Educated.
2 into Army training, raising it to Good.

We have three industry points.

1 into economy, raising it back to Good enough.
1 into army, raising it to 31 Divisions.
1 into a new UU, which will be described in military orders below.

Conscript 30 conscripts.

New UU: Khalid bin Al-Waleed: A fast, sleek, oceangoing ship, it’s somewhat smaller than a battleship and larger than a cruiser. It has rather heavy armor for its class, but advanced engines to compensate so it loses no speed. Guns are in the 10 to 12 inch range, enough to smash through most battleship armor, and it is armed with torpedoes. In essence, fast, well armored, and good firepower.

New Wonder: Oilfields (+4 industry)
Description: Pretty generic name, I think you can figure it out; It harnesses oilfields in all areas of the nation, not just Iraq.

New Technology: *secret* Hammer of Justice
Basically, a very early tank, with all the problems and difficulties thereof. Armored, slow, but its treads allowing good enough traction to cross most modern battlefields. Able to withstand machine guns and small shells, but nothing too big–heavy artillery will slaughter them–though they are hard to hit due to the fact that they move. Extremely effective against trenches.

Lastly, the new line of Propaganda: This varies from region to region.

In the northern regions, talk about how the Russians will try to kill us all, rape our spouses, enslave our children, etc, etc, how they bring only war, etc. People should be scared of them, and war usually unites people.

In the central, Muslim regions, talk about a mad French Crusade against Islam and how they intend to kill us all, etc. Don’t even mention the divide between Turk and Arab, as we are all Muslim, and must stick together.

In the southern, talk about freedom from overbearing French colonialism, and freedom from the colonial oppression they always bring.

Military:
Map

I’ll start with the naval stuff. I have a neat plan drawn up for naval tactics: Plan

Strategy is more difficult. I refer to the map I mentioned above for overall military plans.

Basically, I should have 19 squadrons all in all, 14 are probably older wrecks, the slower ones there are the “slow ships” in the tactics, the newer ones are the “fast ships”, and the UU is certainly the fastest group, so they get lumped into fast ships.

Mine the coast of the Ionian Sea and the Adriatic Sea, this will stop Italians from trying to land on our western shores. Also mine the entrances to the Sea of Mamara so Constantinople is protected, and the entrances to the Suez so they can’t get through there. Make sure there are gaps in these minefields known only to us, so that our own ships can be safely brought through, and guide allied ships through with local fishing ships when applicable.

Anyway, dispersion is as such:

1 UU to Western Med
Mission: Basically, this ship runs around, sinking enemy merchant ships when they come unguarded into sight, but more importantly avoiding enemy ships and supplying the Catalans with weapons to begin a rebellion.

2 regulars to Adriatic
Mission: Raid the Italian coast and bases on the Adriatic, retreating back into the minefield there in order to avoid enemy ships.

10 regulars, 2 UU to Black Sea
Mission: These attack Sebastopol directly, the slow ships bombarding the city, coaxing out the Russian fleet. Once they are out, retreat a bit and redeploy along with the fast ships to use our new naval tactics to destroy the Russian fleet.

2 regulars, 2 UU to Indian Ocean
Mission: Much like the Black Sea fleet above, except they are going to look around for signs that the French fleet is anywhere in the Arabian Sea, and engage them if they are found, using the same old naval tactics. If they don’t come around for a while, raid French colonies with our ships, coaxing them out, and then engage them in the usual style. Rendevous with the Persian fleet at Aden to increase our strength.

Overall: Wreck havoc on the Entente fleets in the Mediterranean, supply Catalan rebels, strike and destroy the Russian Black Sea Fleet, and destroy the French Indian Ocean fleet.

Land orders: I’m grouping these by the number I put next to the operation.

We have 31 divvies, all in all, and 30 conscripts.

1) Operation Volgalicious: 10 divvies, 10 conscripts
Once our Black sea fleet is done with the Russian fleet, they should head on over to the other end of the Crimean peninsula. They will bombard that area, and land 1 division. This will secure that part of the area with extensive fortifications. The purpose is to allow our navy easy access to the Sea of Azov (the little triangular one).

With naval support, our army is to advance as quickly as possible to the river Don, and seize Rostov on Don, with naval support to outflank any Russian entrenchments that may get in our way. Then, with a pincer strike from our newly gained territory and from our old territory, we crush the Russian area in between, seizing this area, and then move onward, towards the Volga.

If any Russian entrenchments are encountered, outflank them either overland or over sea.

Also–fortify the Caucasus with trenches, to meet up with the Persian fortifications. However, also build some forward trenches to delay them–but under these forward trenches, place huge quantities of explosives. If the Russians drive back our armies, put a token force in the forward trenches while retreating the main army to the main trenches. Once the Russians take the forward trenches, detonate the explosives, which will kill a lot of them, unless I miss my guess.

2) Operation Konstantyyne: 10 conscripts

Basically, defend the Hungarian frontier and Constantinople. Fortify these areas from both amphibious operations and overland strikes. Since the Greek and Yugoslavian coasts are mined, we shouldn’t have to worry about landings there.

3) Operation Arab Freedom: 10 conscripts

Defend the area from Anatolia to Southern Arabia, plus the Suez. A huge assignment, so make use of local militias wherever possible. Note that they are not in any way to oppress the Arabs.

4) Operation BerbersRCool: 11 divisions

7 of these divisions are to guard the Libyan coast from either amphibious or overland assaults. The other 4 are to be mounted on camelback, supplied as much water as possible, and move overland ASAP to meet with the Berber tribes in the mountains. Supply them with weapons, water, and food supplies, and tell them the time to regain their Freedom is NOW. Essentially creating the Berber free state, which should attack the various french and allied Entente cities on the Barbary Coast to try and seize them for the native resistance movement.

Of these, 1 is to be mounted on camelback and cruise around the local desert, raiding Spanish cities, and perhaps all the way down to Gambia, trying to incite the Moroccans to revolt, and generally annoying the Entente.

5) Operation Lake T’Chad is Mine: 5 divisions

They are to strike as fast as possible into the French colony, trying to take the three cities on the map. Be watchful for colonial forces from the SDN colony to the south. It should be hard for the French to even put up token resistance here, since this area is isolated from the coastal resupply area by several hundred miles of thick jungle and harsh desert and everything in between.

6) Operation Zanjlivesagain: 5 divisions

These men are not only to guard against possible further Ethiopian rebellion, but also strike south into Somalia and Tangiyika. These are to be wrested from the French as soon as possible, and the substantial local Muslim and Masai populations are to be armed, creating a new state, Tangiyika, which is to be a hybrid Muslim-Swahili rebellion. No doubt they will like local rule better than French or German.

And here's some BT orders for flavor:

Spoiler BT Orders :
BT Orders:

Domestic:

Try to improve sanitation and infrastructure in all our cities. Try to work out better and better means of healthcare–the ones that work, adopt them. The ones that don’t–well, punish whoever said they would severely, but let them live for a while to see if they come up with something better.

Encourage the arts and sciences in all forms, particularly mathematics, engineering, and chemistry. Try to find out exactly how the world works, and how to better understand it. Test theories and hypotheses as they come, new methods should be tested–and if successful, adopted. In chemistry in particular, try to find new substances, figuring out exactly what they are, what they are made up of. Vary the compositions, the amount of each substance that goes into a mixture, to find out how the properties vary. Basically, try to discover new metals, chemicals, etc. I wouldn’t object to finding gunpowder. ;)

Improve aqueducts to bring clean drinking water to the cities during all times of the year. Improve drainage to lessen the monsoons’ damage to our road system, and for that matter, try to discover a good method of paving roads, and pave them. :p

Religious:

We’re already Hindu, so there’s little to be done here... Except... Well, see if any counter-cults catch the eye of the ruler. Reform Hinduism to be more liberal and accepting. The concept of dharma, one’s place in life, is already emphasized by the priests, so expand upon it. One should try to find their role in life through trying different things, and stay upon finding contentment. Some people are born liking the kind of activity that farm work has–make them farmers. Etc. Try to codify our religion into a certain set of doctrines, and export “Kalingan Hinduism” to all areas of the world, but particularly India, the Malay Peninsula, and the Indonesian islands.

Military, Expansion:

Improve our navy, our army, and the training of each. Make them more complex, utilizing combined arms and emphasizing joint branch operations. After a bit of reforms, try to take more of the Burmese region, try to take some of the Malaysian areas, and extend our territory and influence into the Indonesian area directly. Also, if we see a good opportunity, attack the Southern Indian states, trying to conquer them. They are maritime rivals and must be killed at some point.

The point of all this is to control Eastern Indian Ocean trade, and make it a monopoly, also gaining most of the Indonesian and Malaysian area as colonies. Integrate these people via our sophisticated religion. Hinduism spread through these areas historically, so it will again.

Well, the above is what I assume you want BT order to look like–vague and none too specific. Questions or complaints, PM me back.

How about some short orders, just to give you an idea of me in a hurry? Fairly recent, actually.

Spoiler short orders :
Nation: Shaita (shah-EE-tah)
Ruler/player: Geishmal (GEESH-mahl)/North King
Millitary: 5 Hundreds
Government: Theocracy
Religion: Unnamed Polytheism. Dualist–Rain god vs. Fire god, with many spirits.
Economy: Normal (+1)
Infrastructure: Barely Exsistant
Education: Stupid
Confidence: Tolerant
Culture: Strongly Cultured
Wonders: None
Description: [snipped for length]

So yeah. Hmm...

Expand in all directions, focusing on acquiring a strip of the river valley.

Try to invent a new type of plow for the grasses of our fields.

Increase army by five hundreds with our eco point.

Keep the clans in line with an iron fist.

I refuse to show my orders mainly because I do my orders for each mod diffrently and follow a set formula based on the rules for the nes. The trick with any nes is to work out the loopholes in the rules, exploit them to the maximum effect and destroy the enemy.

My personal favourties would have to be stjnes4 and the ITNES as I managed to get in a economically superior postion that ensured my continued success.

Sheep said:
I refuse to show my orders mainly because I do my orders for each mod diffrently and follow a set formula based on the rules for the nes. The trick with any nes is to work out the loopholes in the rules, exploit them to the maximum effect and destroy the enemy.

My personal favourties would have to be stjnes4 and the ITNES as I managed to get in a economically superior postion that ensured my continued success.

Yeah, you really captured the spirit of it all.

My longest orders were 3 pages of MS Word, sent to Kamilian on the second turn of the Nihonese war. A lot of strategy and 'If's.

I actually agree with what Sheep says. It's a perfectly natural human trait. I mean, I am trying to do that with income tax so I pay less. We all do it, whether to save money or to win.

I know that I have tried it in NESes. Successfully? Not per se. Then again, I have a different view of winning then most other people. But what Sheep says is very true.

I feel bad with my normal 1 PM of orders. :(

I feel extra bad having to send 2 PM's because i exceed 1 PM by like 500 characters. :(

I am convinced that the fact that you have to write so long orders in order to win wars is nothing but proof of the downhill that nessing is going.

It is a great problem, and the reason for it is such a long cap between updates. I have been happy to notice that recently there have been a couble of nesses that have updates every few days, bringing back the old times.

Think about it: if all the nesses u patricipated in had updates like every 3rd day, would you have TIME to write billion kazillion pages of orders?

Nope, u wouldn't. And neither would anyone else. Basic tactics and strategies, that would be all ye'd have time to do.

"Then I'd lose", u think to yourself. Well no you wouldn't because no1 else would have time for those marathon orders either!

Wouldn't that make things simpler?

Story nesses are about tale telling, and diplomacy, and not so much about being a friggin general. Well a little bit of that too, but still. Because in nessing these days, the player has to do the jobs of both generals AND lieutenants. And sergeants. It's illogical too. Dont we have officers of our own who we could trust with these things?!

Looking at those marathon orders just makes me wanna puke. Altough I have to admit that sometimes I have resorted to writing them as well.

In my own neses, I will NEVER accept orders longer than one PM.

I consider Generalship fun, besides the lietuants and sergents are represented my the Military Leadership stat in das's NES's.

BananaLee said:
Genocide, betrayal, war, murder, rapine and a bit of genocide on the side.

It's pretty much open source, silver..
:p

Ok fine...a few titbits from my previous orders :D
Its not that evil....

-Hopefully my troops will manage to take the city, which we will promptly loot and destroy. Anything of usage and value will be looted meanwhile the city will be burnt the civilian population massacred, I also want to hunt down any government officials in the cityand kill them. Our intent is to maximize damage here.
Here too the city will be looted, burnt and the civilians massacred. All this should happen in a day or two.A naval landing and assault on the city, A blockade and bombardment, looting, burning and massacre.

-Round up all the gypsies, castrating, and heretics, and use them as slave labor and take all their property in any.

-If I have to withdraw in any area impose scorched earth tactics.

-We will burn all the cities we capture, and loot them and send the loot back home on our ships. The population wherever we find them shall be massacred. The crops will be looted and burnt and salt will be sowed in the land. Wells will be poisoned. Mines will be collapsed, roads torn up and destroyed.
Basically we will destroy everything the enemy can use and we don’t need or can’t take.
Complete and total scorched earth tactic

-We will inflict massive and terrible atrocities

-Our army will dig in, and hold the land we have taken and continue to rape and pillage it

-Loot my occupied part completely of everything and slaughter any of the population.

-In addition to this I want to place massive towers of killed enemy citizens and soldiers and along with it severed heads on sticks.

-After we have taken the cities we will then loot it dry taking even golden teeth fillings from the people. The cities will be burnt to the ground. We will take the population outside the cities parade them in front of the enemy army and put them to the sword massecering them to the last man, woman and child.

-We will take prisoner but only to torture them for information and then kill them.

-Kill that princess if I haven’t already

-Our conquest policy will basically be to take the young fertile women and use them for breeding purposes, take the children and raise them as us, take the physically fit young men as slaves. (However kill off any slaves that show, courage, bravery or leadership qualities. Basically cull them.) Any others will be killed. We will also loot and pillage and rape everything we can carry and destroy anything that we can’t.

So those are my typical orders.

Goober said:
I actually agree with what Sheep says. It's a perfectly natural human trait. I mean, I am trying to do that with income tax so I pay less. We all do it, whether to save money or to win.

I don't think you can compare the two. Sure, everybody wants to win, but to actually do what you can to exploit rules is just wrong for a nes. It is about having fun. It's not winning here. It would be the same if you are playing some game online and you cheat in some way in order to win. It is for fun. It's not a competition.

Heres some of my orders from Das's old nes, I dont usually write orders this long I pretty much consider it a waste of time.

Spoiler :

Hellenic Empire
Capital: Thebes
Ruler: Lord-Hegemon Krichevskoy/emu
Government: Kingship (Rebellion)
Centralization: Tight Federation
Tech. Level: Early Empire Age
Religion: Greek Polytheism (tiny Byzantine Empire Cult minority)
Army (Training): 23 thousands (Good), 11 levy thousands (Tolerable)
Navy (Training): None yet
Economy: Poor
Leadership (Military/Civilian): Good/Competent
Infrastructure: Improving
Education: Perfect
Culture: Jingoist
Confidence: Respecting
Projects: Peace and Harmony (+1 Military Leadership, +10 thousands, +1 Culture) (4/6)

shouldnt that trade center Rome used to own be officially mine?

Orders:
continue project
sacrifice 1 economy level 6 spending points?
2 spending points in the army +20
2 into building a navy +20?
if Military leadership lowers, we should invest as much spending points needed into maintaining the current level.
if that is not needed invest 1 sp into education and infrastructure

Now i have a navy i can hopefully remove the Lucan army from my lands, tho i have no idea about naval tactics so hopefully we can team up with Carthagian privateers if not the navy should strike at Ships in thessalonica's harbour? or any ships suppling the lucans.

Krichevskoy is 75 at the end of last turn, if you read the story i wrote its set in the past so Antiochus should be 16 at the end of last turn. where was i? so Krichevskoy should be dead sometime this turn hopefully defeating the Lucan invaders or dieing peacefully or perhaps even dieing in his attempt to escape the rampaging lucans.

Im not sure how many people the lucans have in greece but i want 5 thousands (with levies) defending the area around Thebes and Sparta.
while the rest of my army will attack the Lucans (not all at once as that will be a big mess 38 thousand attack one city) we should encourage the inhabitants to rise up agaisnt the eastern barbarians.

If we remove the Lucans from our lands and we have over 10 ships, 10 thousands will be sent to secure the Ionia coast afterall it did once belong to the greek states, but luca defeated us.

Propaganda:

Rome is dead! their attempt to control our people failed, it is my only regret that We did not strike the Deathblow, that we did not Attain justice for the past wrongs the Romans did to our brothers in Italia.

All Around us the World is changing, Dacia once a great stabilizing force to our north has fallen to the Hunnish hordes, These Huns spread chaos whereever they set foot they are servants of Chaos, Chaos is the eternal enemy of Peace and Stability the Hellenic Empire was founded on these principles. It is a sad fact that we cannot save the Dacians and bring peace to these Huns, for we know the Huns would resist peace, Anyone who resists peace is a degenerate barbarian not worthy of life, they can only be destroyed like they destroy.

Luca is our enemy, they are openly Agressive towards the Hellenic people we must have Justice for these attacks by Luca, No Hellene should aid these Spreaders of Chaos in anyway, these enemies of peace. If you do not believe that they spread Chaos merely look to Israel, to Egypt, to Dacia, to Rome it is because of Lucan influences that these countries have experience great upheavals, great turmoil in recent times but perhaps Luca serves another. These Kalingans, this eastern filth extends its talons towards the west it has already dealt a crippling blow to israel, with lucan help, perhaps these Kalingaans are the mastermind behind Lucan actions.

But no matter these people shall have Eternal peace soon enough, if they resist peace, if they try to stop us attaining Justice we know what must be done, these Harbinger's of Chaos shall be hunted down.

Dacia once a great stabilizing force to our north has fallen to the Hunnish hordes, These Huns spread chaos whereever they set foot they are servants of Chaos, Chaos is the eternal enemy of Peace and Stability the Hellenic Empire was founded on these principles. It is a sad fact that we cannot save the Dacians and bring peace to these Huns, for we know the Huns would resist peace, Anyone who resists peace is a degenerate barbarian not worthy of life, they can only be destroyed like they destroy.

Excuse me I was your bloody ally. If not for me Luca would have crushed you. Also no wonder we lost...your battle orders suck.

Silver is an artist of Genocide.

That's just the description that I was searching for. He should put that in his title or something, IMHO...

Excuse me I was your bloody ally.

Actually, I remember those orders - you weren't his ally yet back then...

Top Bottom