Show me your orders/battle plans!

You should'nt betray a trusted ally usually.

I never betrayed a trusted ally. That's because I never trust my allies...

Short orders vs. long orders - both things have their advantages and drawbacks. Personally I preffer medium-sized ones. ;)

Aim of NESing is indeed role-playing, which in many cases involves trying to "win", because, well, that's what many real-life states tried to do as well. Then again, it isn't really possible to WIN, at best one can only delay one's inevitable defeat. By blowing up the world, for instance.

das said:
I never betrayed a trusted ally. That's because I never trust my allies...

Short orders vs. long orders - both things have their advantages and drawbacks. Personally I preffer medium-sized ones. ;)

Aim of NESing is indeed role-playing, which in many cases involves trying to "win", because, well, that's what many real-life states tried to do as well. Then again, it isn't really possible to WIN, at best one can only delay one's inevitable defeat. By blowing up the world, for instance.

HEY! whats that suppost to mean!

:D thenchr

HEY! whats that suppost to mean!

It means that, even after conquering the world, you will probably die of radiation and your empire will fall to the hordes of mutant amoral dolphins (see the "insane NESer" thread, many pages ago...). What else? ;)

silver 2039 said:
Fine I'm being hypocritical. I'm just against betryal since the bloody Dalanrossians destroyed me those bastards. Of course that would'nt stop me from betraying someone if it was profitable to do so I suppose...

Precisely, you should have thought about where the profit for us was...I'm actually quick pleased with the sneakiness there; in that war you were not the onl-

*This message has be restricted by Dalnorossia Military Intelligence as containing potentially valuble information to the current war effort. Please reapply your request once the statue of limitations has deemed this non-sensitive*

-anyway you certainly could have destoryed the persians and made the war very costly for either the FK or China, but I don't think you could have taken both of the superpowers on at once...one or the other maybe...

I play an NES for the story, not the game or the win. :)

As to long orders... Usually mine are long because I am very sick of moderaters misinterpereting orders, however, more recently I've just done it because I am dealing with so many things a turn.

For once, I tend to agree with Silver (Did I really just say that? The Republican evangelicals are right! Armagedon really has come!). While I do not write insanely long orders (they never exceed 1 PM) I do enjoy being as detailed as I can in my war orders and being as creative as I can in my domestic orders. To me the fun of NESing is trying to outsmart your oponents. And, if that means long orders, then so help me G-d, there will be long orders.

I play an NES for the story, not the game or the win.

In a way it is the same here, as I try to stick to the fact that it is, after all, a Never Ending Story, not a Never Ending Game. ;)

We all have spent hours making war plans in one NES or another. Now, share them with everyone.

These are from my days as the glorious "Empire of Luca."

Luca and Ur's claims on Babylon: http://xs78.xs.to/pics/06170/claims.PNG

How I destroyed the Minoan Navy (Very, very successful.): http://xs78.xs.to/pics/06170/hellespont.PNG

Something to do with Parhae?: http://xs.to/xs.php?f=parahaezzd.PNG&h=xs78&d=06170

I had a feeling Panda was going to betray me, and I was right. I made these plans in case he did, and they were used. Notice the name of the file. ;): http://xs78.xs.to/pics/06170/traitors.PNG

Invasion of Arabia: http://xs78.xs.to/pics/06170/zululand.PNG

The following two sets of orders are a pair of the best that I have ever written, simply because they were both extremely successful.

Do you guys remember my super pwnage of Sparta, Phoenica/Katyria, Egypt, and Parhae? Well, here are the orders for that:

Luca, reborn.

The Empire of Luca
Capital: Astya
Ruler: The Council of the Magi/Capulet
Government: Magicracy
Centralization: Tight Federation
Tech. Level: Early Iron Age
Religion: Under Construction
Army (Training): 24 hundreds (Very Good), 19 Lucan Chariot hundreds, 14 levy hundreds (Tolerable)
Navy (Training): 20 ships (Professional)
Economy: Poor
Infrastructure: Efficient
Education: Educated
Culture: Hyperpatriotic
Confidence: Nation Personified
Projects: Fields of Achae (SECRET) (1/5)
Nation Background: Lucan Empire is definitely a rising power in the Middle East. Wars with Babylon, Phoenicea and Minoa were great - if costly - victories, and Lucan power was much extended... and overextended. It seems that the same laws of human psychology that brought down Babylon will now bring down its most important vanquisher...

Domestic Orders:
  • Spend two points on increasing our army’s training. (Very Good > Professional)
  • Receive one economy level from Carthage.
  • Continue mass conscription
  • Have the Magi declare Aramu the new Grand Vizier, unite with the Scythians

We will disband our unique unit, the Lucan Chariot hundreds, because they will not be as effective fighting in mountainous territory, such as Anatolia and Persia. (24 hundreds > 43 hundreds)

We will make a new UU, called the Highlander. It is a loyal, fanatical Lucan warrior that is specializes in fighting in mountainous or desert terrain, like in Persia, Anatolia, Syria, and Iraq.

Spend the one economy as follows:
  • Spend two points on increasing our army’s training (Professional > Elite)
  • Spend four points on increasing the Highlander UU (+20 Highlander divisions)
  • Continue project

Military Orders:

Scythian Army: 75 Scythian hundreds (Very Good)
    Lucan Army: 43 hundreds (Elite), 20 Highlander divisions (Elite +1)
    Lucan Navy: 20 Ships (Elite)

Total Army: 118 hundreds (Elite and Very Good), 20 Highlander divisions (Elite +1)

Scythian Orders:

The entire Scythian army will march down from their homeland to the Middle East, conquering the local Scythians along the way. If is a bigger problem than we thought, don’t do it, and just cross over to the Middle East. But we’ll try to unite the other Scythians along the way. The Scythians we conquer should stop their attack on Hay-Uratu, too. When we reach the Middle East, the Scythian Army will split into two parts, one army with 25 divisions and the other with 50 divisions. The one with 50 divisions will meet up with 20 divisions of the Lucan Army and 10 Highlander divisions, to form army Ares. The 25 divisions will go east and join up the 23 Lucan divisions and 10 Highlander divisions, to form the army Apollo.

Ares: 70 Divisions, 10 Highlander divisions
    Apollo: 48 divisions, 10 Highlander divisions

Egypt should withdraw their forces from all Lucan territory; but if they do not do so, our plans will still go through. Our forces should just be alert for another Egyptian betrayal and the possibility that they could attack us from behind again.

But Egypt should withdraw. Hopefully.

Apollo will go east. We will send scouts throughout the former lands of Ur to tell the citizens to rise up against the evil Persian traitors. We will split Apollo into two armies of 24 divisions and 5 Highlander divisions each. The one that is supposed to take over the Green area is called Goose, and the one that is supposed to take over the red is Spirit. Spirit will be responsible for taking over the two cities in the east. All our armies will have a strict formation: archers in the very back, swordsmen and Highlanders in the middle, and horsemen in the front. The horsemen, many of whom will be former charioteers, will have bows and swords. Primarily, they will use bows, but when they get close enough to the enemy, they will pull out their swords. Army Spirit will march, capturing territory, but ahead of us will be scouts, who will tell us when there is an approaching Persian army. We will find a higher spot to fight, and our archers will take positions in the higher land. The horsemen will begin firing on the Persian horsemen before they get close enough to fight us, when our horsemen will use their swords to fight. Our horse archers should shoot at the Persians’ horses, so they will be disabled in battle. When our forces meet, we should have our archers protect the unprotected flanks, since they are on higher ground, and the archers will also use their higher position to attack. Our Highlanders should re-enforce our horsemen and swordsmen when the battle is getting tough. It’ll be a total surprise and it should scare the hell out of the Persians and we should defeat them. We will only go up to the extent of the red area.

Army Goose will go down in between the Euphrates and the Tigris, telling the people there to join Luca willingly. We will tell them about how Luca was the one that saved Ur originally from the Babylonians, and remind them how they were betrayed by the Persians. We will tell them that we will rebuild Ur and make it more magnificent than it ever was before. We will go down through Mesopotamia, using the same tactics and formations used by Army Spirit. We should capture the two cities in between the two rivers, and after that, Persia will be separated from the rest of the territory behind the Euphrates, and they should join us willingly. Again, we will use our highlanders to our advantage. They are very good at fighting in desert and mountainous terrain and they should tear apart the Persian Army. The people of Ur should rebel totally against the Persians. They should attack the Persians wherever they see them. We will also use the locals to provide intelligence for us, so if a Persian army is hiding somewhere, we will know about it.

Persia should also be invaded by Mohenjo-Daro, and their armies should be very thinly spread out. If we capture the territory in the map safely, and the Persians are really being pressured hard, we should try to extend our territory. The Persians’ army should be destroyed, being attacked on both sides, and it should be overstretched.

If our forces need any re-enforcements, get them from Hay-Urathu.

Army Ares’s mission will be to destroy the Phoenician and Spartan armies. We believe that their armies will attempt to take over our capital once again, thinking we will be fighting some last stand of sorts. But we will only have 3 divisions from Ares stationed in Luca. This leaves 67 divisions and 10 Highlander divisions to fight the Phoenicians.

We will attack the Spartan held territories first, taking advantage of our knowledge of the terrain and territory. This is our land, these are our homes, and we know this territory quite well. We will use the mountainous territory to ambush and attack Spartan soldiers. We call on more volunteers to join the army and attack the Spartans and Phoenicians wherever they see them. We will go northwest and capture Spartan territory, heading towards Astya. The Spartan-Phoenician army will probably try to lay siege to the capital once more. Our three divisions in Astya will hold off the Spartan-Phoenician army for as long as possible, when, while the Spartan-Phoenician army thinks they are winning, our huge army of more than 77 divisions will decimate their army from behind while they are trying to get into Astya. After we destroy the enemy’s army at Astya, we may very well have totally destroyed their entire army. Either way, we will continue to go throughout all of Anatolia, attacking Spartan and Phoenician held territory, liberating Luca from the evil nomads. We will have our archers use the mountains to our advantage, going high up and shooting at the enemy below. Our Highlander divisions should fiercely attack the enemy. We will use our knowledge of the territory, our superior training, our superior numbers, to go throughout Anatolia and vanquish the enemy from Luca. If we have successfully destroyed the enemies’ armies and have Anatolia totally under control, we will gather a huge army outside of former Troy’s territory, and we will invade Troy. We will tell all the Trojans to rise up against the evil Macedonians, and we’ll tell them that their Anatolian brothers have come to liberate them from the Macedonians. We will use the same tactics we used against the Spartans and Phoenicians, taking advantage of the territory and our superiorty. Most of the Macedonian army should be off fighting the remnants of the Trojan army and the Thracians anyways. Our army will enter the city of Troy again, where we will have a big parade and remember all of the Trojans, Lucans, and Scythians that fell in this war, defending our ideals.

Okay. Our superior tactics, numbers, knowledge of the territory, and sheer will power should help us defeat our enemies. Egypt should withdraw from the territories it took over, and it should attack Sparta. Mohenjo-Daro should also invade Parhae, causing their armies to be overstretched and they should be defeated. We should win! Remember, it is important that we use the locals in Luca and Ur to help provide intelligence to our commanders.

• The following orders should be familiar to all of you in ITNES, namely Rome, Iberia and Katyria, who were a part of the "Anti-Sheep" Coalition. Remember the controversy that occurred when it was revealed that I wrote Sheep's orders, and they were exceptionally good? Well, here they are:

The attack on Iberia and Katria: http://xs78.xs.to/pics/06170/settlers.PNG

The Infamous Orders:

Empire of Carthage
    Capital: Carthage
    Ruler: ?/Sheep
    Government: Kingship
    Centralization: Tight Federation
    Tech. Level: Late Iron Age
    Religion: Phoenicean Polytheism
    Army (Training): 40 thousands (Normal)
    Navy (Training): 65 ships (Normal)
    Economy: Growing
    Leadership (Military/Civilian): Competent/Tolerable
    Infrastructure: Improving
    Education: Tolerable
    Culture: Strongly Cultured
    Confidence: Admiring
    Projects:
    Nation Background: Despite the defeats in the ancient First Transpoenic War and the somehow more recent Second Portuguese War, Carthage always managed to come back and regroup. Now it is ready to exact revenge in a great war. But perhaps, this great war will be its last?

Domestic Orders

GROW ARMYX2

SPEND ONE ECONOMY LEVEL

GROW ARMY TRAINING X2

GROW NAVY TRAINING

War Stats:

Army (Training): 50 thousands (Good)
    Navy (Training): 65 ships (Better)

Military Orders

http://xs37.xs.to/pics/05284/settlers.PNG

Use the map.

The Portugese and the Katyrians both believe that we'll be attack their Mediterranean colonies. Not necessarily true. We will attack Portugal directly, cutting off their army fighting the Gauls. The rest of Iberia will be unprotected, ready for Carthagian soldiers to reek havoc. Once the Morrocan colonies hears that Iberia is being destroyed by Carthage, we will demand their surrender to Carthage. We'll cut the Iberians off from their colonies.

We will launch an invasion of Portugal, and eventually Katyria. We will have 30 ships carry 35 thousands, to attack the trade center shown on the map. Our forces will surround the city, assault it and any forces guarding it. After we take over that city, our forces will split into two forces along the river [1], each to go different directions. The cream colored army shown on the map will be called, "Shahar" (Phoenican God of Dawn) and the green colored army shown in the map will be called "Shalim" (Phoenican God of Dusk). Dawn and Dusk.

Shahar will have 18 thousand and Shalim will have 17 thousands. Shahar will proceed as shown in the map; we will be entering Portugese-held Gaul territory, not the frontlines of the Portuguese war. There shouldn't be many soldiers guarding the territory they held; most of them should be in the front, away from us, fighting the Gauls. We'll attack anyone in that territory, but I doubt there will be many warriors there. Anyway, just follow the arrows. So we will go into Gaul-held territory; this is where we'll probably encounter Katryian invaders. We'll let the Gauls fight them for the most part. The Gauls might lose against the Katyrians; but we'll come in after the Katyrians have been weakened, and our soldiers, being fresh and ready to fight, will overwhelm the tired and exhausted Katyrians. The Katyrians will lay siege to the Gaulic capital; while this is going on, our soldiers will attack the Katyrians from behind. They be really screwed after laying siege to their capital, and with us coming from behind, they should be destroyed and in retreat. We will pursue them into Phoenicia, where we will attack the city.

The Phoenicians do have superior training, but they will be fighting the Gauls and they should be weakened. Our forces will mostly be attacking them from behind, and we will also have the element of surprise. Mercenaries should also be attacking the city of Katryia itself; so the Katyrians should be running back to their capital to defend it and what not. So our forces should beat the Katryians, and at least push them back to their capital.

Okay, Shalim will attack into Iberia. It should be relatively unguarded, assuming most or all of Portugal's army should be fighting the Gauls or protecting their colonies. Follow the arrows to know where what territory we're going to take over. Our soldiers will be in the phalanx formation, a formation I doubt the Portuguese have been exposed to. Our soldiers should try to outflank any Portuguesee resistance, and crush it. Follow the arrows, but if things go wrong, let our generals improvise.

Okay, after that, we will have 10 ships lure the Portuguese navy in between the two islands [3] shown on the maps. 40 ships will be waiting near by to trap the Portuguese navy in between the two islands. We will have 2 thousands in each of the two islands. So when the Portuguese navy is in between the two islands, our 40 ships will close off the area in between the islands. Our thousands on the islands will begin attacking the Portuguese navy from the shore. Their navy, surrounded by ours, will be told to surrender or die. If they surrender, tell them that they must abandon their ships and swim somewhere. If they do not, have our navy crush the trapped enemy! The Portuguese navy should be destroyed in one swoop in between the two islands.

Have two divisions guard Sardinia and one division on high alert.

After our destruction of the Portuguese navy and our invasion of Portugal, we will we have our navy attack their North African coasts. We’ll tell them that they are surrounded by men and that if they do not surrender, they will die.

Conscript if necessary.

Have 10 divisions be prepared for defense in mainland Carthage.

[1] The river we're going into.
    [2] The frontlines of the Gaul-Portuguese fight. The Portuguese should be there, not anywhere near us.
    [3] The two islands we're trapping the Portuguese navy between.

I probably have more orders and maps, and I'll try to post them later.

Wait, so you wrote sheeps' orders instead of just giving him advice... :eek:

Yeah. He went on to win the 2nd IT. I won the first. :p

Capulet said:
Yeah. He went on to win the 2nd IT. I won the first. :p

But you said in the nes that you only gave him advice... :confused:

Right. Which is why everyone was pissed when they found out that I had in fact actually written his orders.

What can I say? I was really bored and really sympathetic.

Here are my orders for turn 2 of NES2 VI. I write most of my orders in the actual PM box, and am not much into the habit of saving them. There isn't much military action here - im dealing with a minor rebellion.

Spoiler Orders for NES VI, 1742 A.D :
Kingdom of France
Capital: Paris
Ruler: King Julien-François I/Insane_Panda
Government: Parliamentary Monarchy
Centralization: Unitary with Exceptions
Tech. Level: Early Industrial Age
Army (Training): 40 divisions (Elite), 19 Foreign Legion corps
Navy (Training): 70 squadrons (Professional)
Economy: Richer (+4)
Size (points required): Gargantuan (6)
Leadership (Military/Civilian): Better/Competent
Infrastructure: Good
Education: Perfect
Living Standards: Very High
Culture: Hyperpatriotic
Confidence: Respecting
Projects:
Nation Background:

----

ECONOMIC ORDERS:

- Grow the Economy via industrialisation. Improve the Rail network in Europe while considerably expanding it in the Americas, improving commercial effeciency and the transport of goods, boosting our overal economy. Use this industrialisation to trigger an increase of wealth (+economy)

- Continue the economic development of the Northeastern colonies, especially in the areas of manufacturing, shipping, and shipbuilding.

- In India and the southpacific, develop the spice industries.

PRODUCTION ORDERS:
Total Eco Points Available: 13 from ECs

- Spend 1 point investing in the expansion of Charlesville, turning the port into a center of cotton export throughout the world. (turn it into an EC)

- Spend 4 points on expanding the fleet, continuing to justify it because of the size of our colonial empire, and the need for a fleet which is stronger and larger than any of the other world powers.

- Spend 2 points on the training of the fleet, using one point to compensate for the large growth, and using the other point to actually grow the training to elite.

- Spend 2 points on the growth of the Foriegn Legion.

- Spend 1 point on the training of the Foriegn Legion. (It is a small increase, I think it should be suffiecient to rise the training)

- Spend 1 point on the rise of Military leadership, establishing stricter curricula and drilling regimen for the military academies of the nation.

- Spend 1 point on our project. (To be explained below)

DOMESTIC ORDERS:

- I think you misunderstood me, or I didn't make it clear enough when I was explaining the Colonial Congresses. What I meant was to create one "Continental Congress" in Nouveau Amsterdam to act as a meeting place for all colonial representatives, but still keep the other legislative bodies which are exclusive to smaller regions within the colonies. Since this did not happen last turn, reopen the old legislatures of the colonies, which shall act as territorial legislatures, within the greater American colonies.

- Move the court directly into Paris, instead of Versailles. The New court shall take up residence at the Palais des Tuileries, originally built by Catherine de Medici. Versailles shall be an auxiliary residence, and large sections of it shall be turned into a museum, in an attempt to squeeze some tourist revenue out. Versailles shall hold the royal art collection, alongwith the crown jewels and other precious objects. Like the King's move to Paris as a move closer to the people. And liken the museumification of Versailles to a gradual freeing of the state. What was once exclusive, royal property, is now on view for all of the public. A testament to French nationalism.

- Begin to form a cultural doctrine based upon "Nationalism". Advocate (in a grand propaganda campaign throughout the whole of the Kingdom) the glories of the French people - their culture, and their strength - in an attempt to boost confidence and patriotism. This applaud of france's achievements shall also serve to unify the nation further, giving all citizens, both abroad and in Europe, something to be proud of.

- Continue the expansion of the rights and powers of the people. Begin to slightly grand more powers to the Parlement, slowly putting the legislators in charge of domestic affairs, while the King and his consiel shall deal with foriegn affairs. The Royal President of the Assembly and his governments shall be in charge of the day-to-day running of the state. However, the King shall be continuously advised on the affairs of the Parlement, and retains a veto/restructuring power on all bills passed, unless such a power is overturned by a 4/5ths vote in the Parlement.

- This is all part of a wider agenda, an agenda to slowly open France up to more and more freedoms. However, we must be cautious to take baby steps, for what is not broken does not need fixing.

- Start a new Project: Nouveau Paris: A grand remodeling/beautification of Paris, creating new, grand plazas and avenues while significantly improving plumbing and sanitation. (similar to OTL Haussmann reforms) (+Infrastructure, +Standard of Living)

- Complete the above project in sections, allowing the poor and others to move into the new areas as they are being rebuilt, giving them time to gather their things and such.

MILITARY ORDERS:

- Continue the deployment of troops within French Euskaria to end the Basque rebellion. Remove 5 divisions from the garrison, bringing down the total to 10. These divisions are to keep the peace, and are on orders not to cause harm to the populace. They are, afterall, still French. However, any which protest advocating for a free Basque state are to be arrested immediately, on charges of treason against the Kingdom. All those attempting to bring harm to French soldiers may be executed without trial. Issue an arrest warrant for the leader of the Basque separatist movement, and should he show his face in the protests, he is to be a central target for arrest. At the same time, move in small, crack squadrons to kill local leaders of the separatist movement under him. He, however, will not be killed - we don't want to make a martyr. Isolate the mountainous regions of rebel territory, cutting off all roads which lead into such lands but do not venture directly there in an attempt to destroy the guerillas. Simply starve them out. Also begin making movements towards regional autonomy for the Basques.

COLONIAL ORDERS:

THE INDIAN OCEAN

- Send military experts to aid the Mughals in the training of their army and also send several rifled artillery guns and other munitions.This is in preparation for their invasion of the Afghans.

AFRICA

- Maintain the status quo here, expaning marginally along the gold, ivory, and slave coasts while consolidating our position.

THE SOUTH PACIFIC

- Consolidate our gains from the last turn, moving in 5 divisions of Foriegn Legionnaires to deal with any native resistance while establish small trading settlements.

THE FAR EAST

- Using our deal with China, that is, we send advisors in exchange for unrestricted trade rights (no tariffs), gain sizeable control over the Chinese markets. Begin exporting French manufactured goods en masse to the Chinese, outselling the Spanish and any other competitors in the region.
- Send Advisors both to China and Japan.

Now here are some maps from a pre WWI RPG that I was in for awhile. I was Bulgaria, and these are warplans for the opening moves of a premature Balkan war.

Spoiler Opening Strategic Manuveurs :

Spoiler The Battle of Edrine :

Red= trenches and fortifications, Red Stars= machine gun posts and fortification strongpoints.

And now here are the battleplans for the battle of Metz in Stalin's WWI NES/

Spoiler Metz :

There already was a thread like this, will dig it up when I have more time...

Top Bottom