The Faces of NES #3

Even shorter in real life.

It's an odd haircut, but at least it's not a boring haircut.

I gotta say, it does have the advantage that unlike 99% of haircuts that people get to look unique, I've never seen it on anybody else.'

Its a point in its favour.

My awesome powers of deduction :D (strokes beard). Tropical-looking vegetation + cloudy skies + humpback bridge + asian looking man on bicycle = Vietnam.

I'm actually kind of impressed.

And Lord of Elves has a sweet look, you all need to calm down. Hipsters aren't a thing. People who dress well are.

Well, he describes himself as a hipster, so he may take offence to you saying he doesn't exist. ;)

I'm actually kind of impressed.

And Lord of Elves has a sweet look, you all need to calm down. Hipsters aren't a thing. People who dress well are.

Thanks buddy-guy-dude.

Well, he describes himself as a hipster, so he may take offence to you saying he doesn't exist. ;)

:dunno: "hipster" is to the 2010's as "indie" or "boho" was to the 2000's, "grunge" was to the 90's, "New Wave" was to the 80's and "beatnik" was to the 50's and so on. It's a pretty meaningless label except that I guess it serves to describe a certain (recurring) element of youth subculture that embraces a vague kind of socially liberal, aesthetically/artistically avant garde persona.

I'd rather be a hipster than a "prep" or a "metalhead" or "smeerp," or whatever kids are calling each other in these dangerous and crazy times.

Well, you said something abouth what being a hipster really meant, which I took to mean you really identified as one and believed in the concept on itself.

If you dress distinctively, I don't see why you would take such great offense to frankly rather gentle teasing. :p

I mean it'd be different if people made fun of people for being fat. But how you dress and style your hair -- especially if you put effort into it -- is something different; it's something you clearly think looks good. Same way people in RL give me crap for my perma-stubble and stick-out hairdo.

Top Bottom