Science Discussion- Increasing Science Research

Strider

In Retrospect
We need to try to find away to max out are science research without affects are tax/lux rate. Building libries would be one of the major ones that might help, but we still have alittle while till we get libries.

Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is making more scientist's.

Does anyone have any other idea's that we can suck all of the science research out of are nation?

Originally posted by Strider
We need to try to find away to max out are science research without affects are tax/lux rate. Building libries would be one of the major ones that might help, but we still have alittle while till we get libries.

Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is making more scientist's.

Does anyone have any other idea's that we can suck all of the science research out of are nation?

I am pretty sure that there has to be at least 10% of our economy devoted to science for libraries to have any effect on our research times.

Originally posted by eyrei

I am pretty sure that there has to be at least 10% of our economy devoted to science for libraries to have any effect on our research times.

I thought that the city with the scientist in it would get the bonus of the library (sense it has a research rate). All other's cities that are not producing a research rate will not receive the benefit. Am I right?

I agree. I would say that we would need a figure other than zero to apply the library multiplier to.

Originally posted by Cyc
I agree. I would say that we would need a figure other than zero to apply the library multiplier to.

Maybe when avaible we can place a scientist in the cities that have a library? I'm sure it's a tatic that has about never been used before, but it might work.

Scientists do not get the benefit of, or add to the benefit of, any improvements in their city.

I wouldn't support an investment in science or more than a single scientist as long as we have the Great Library functioning. We should prepare for when the GL goes bunky by building libraries but don't invest anything in science until the GL is gone.

Originally posted by Shaitan
Scientists do not get the benefit of, or add to the benefit of, any improvements in their city.

I wouldn't support an investment in science or more than a single scientist as long as we have the Great Library functioning. We should prepare for when the GL goes bunky by building libraries but don't invest anything in science until the GL is gone.

..... I don't plan on doing anything till we get education (when we lose the GL benefits).

Also I believe that a scientist does receive the benefit from a library.

I checked the CFC improvments page and all I got was this:

50% increase to the city's science output.

The Scientist's makes the city have a higher science output.... So wouldn't that mean that it receives the benefit from the library?

I don't think we should raise the science rate right now because we can get all needed techs from GL or if we make peace w/ Azteca. Later on, we should raise the sci rate.

With the Great Library and 15 other tribes, it's going to be hard not to advance quickly up the Tech Tree. I agree with everyone who says not to raise the science rate.

we should:
* prepare for the time after the GL by building libraries and gaining money resources
* stay on 0% and gain techs from GL until we notice a tech is not researched by anyone. then go to that tech with the 1 scientist approach

as soon as the GL runs out, we can up our science rate and profit from the libraries. then the 1scientist thing can be dropped if needed.

Originally posted by naervod
I don't think we should raise the science rate right now because we can get all needed techs from GL or if we make peace w/ Azteca. Later on, we should raise the sci rate.

This thread isn't over directly raising the science rate, but raising it WITHOUT raising it. (Not lowering are luz/tax rate to increase are science production)

well, so it is about the usage of scientists?
if you say raise the tax-rate, this is an ingame turn meaning a slider is put up, which will take money from somewhere else.

Originally posted by disorganizer
well, so it is about the usage of scientists?
if you say raise the tax-rate, this is an ingame turn meaning a slider is put up, which will take money from somewhere else.

You should be smart enough to make that choice on your own.

Top Bottom