Immaculate NES Five: Blood From A Stone

Magnate Republic of California
Story 2 - Update 1​
Spoiler :

Chairman Ulric

Chairman Ulric was the first son of a mighty Magnate. The vast shares of his fathers business empire passed on to him.

His father gave him his name, saying it was a strong respectable name. From his birth Ulric was groomed for success, taught in the disciplines of economics, psychology, English, and enough understanding of the sciences to form a formidable magnate.

Ulric was always in competition for his father and mothers attention. Magnates rarely have free time to spend with families. Many being raised by the small educated class that rested between the magnates and the commoners. At a young age, Magnate children were given an unyielding competitive drive. On top of that the latchkey kids of the Magnate turned into ruthless and opportunistic rulers.

So perhaps it was something special in his upbringing, in his soul, cleverly placed marriages and friendships, or just in his luck Ulric became Chairman of the Magnate Senate. A powerful position that could not only grant special privileges to the Chairman's businesses, but also give them the ability to shape the future of the Republic.

The Chairman was lucky to rise to the throne in an age where few of the oligarchies were in direct competition within the Republic. For the first time the Senate was relatively united and could focus outside of itself and petty fights over market gains. What is left to be seen is what the state is able to make of it.

TARGET Hiring
New Bonus for Fresh Associates

Target Corp is offering a new compensation package for all new associates to its infantry divisions. For every mile gained in an offensive war, 5 dollar commission to all associates, 15 for a defensive war. All expenses paid for Basic Infantry Certification course and basic equipment package included for all new hires.

This Year's Smash Hit
We are Hungry Men

Link to video.

The thrilling folk song hailing the courage and adaptive nature of the Californians during the great death. The first hit from the young man Bowie. The aspiring young artist has been picked up by Illusions International as their new lead act. We shall certainly see more from him in the future.

I can't find the Turkish stats. Halp? And who exactly are the Blighted Ones the Sunni are referring to?

It is indeed the Mefetis (north Italy). They suffer radioactive fallout from a nuclear meltdown in southern France. (i did end up using a bit of nukes in the timeline after all (contrary to what i wrote in the pre-thread and in accordance with your suggestion)

And i will add turkish stats. Thats not the first nation i had forgotten to provide stats for- thank you for your keen observation- hopefully i won't be making TOO many mistakes of this type.

Nukes:

Timeline
2035-
America occupies Philippines in an effort to secure offshore oil reserves. China responds with invasion of Taiwan.

2036-
Taiwan declared protectorate of USA. USA declares war on China.

2037-
American Pacific fleet struck repeatedly by Chinese nuclear missiles while American military Internet traffic and satellites are shut down by Chinese cyberwarfare.
California secedes from USA, signs separate peace with China.

2038-
Massive oil reserves identified in Kashmir. Indian-Pakistani war ensues.
India launches nuclear attacks upon Pakistan and vice-versa. Several major cities are vaporized.
Pakistan reduced to feuding, desperate tribes.
China and America sign a peace agreement- America withdraws from Philippines. China begins developing Philipino off-shore oil resources.

2039-
China invades Kashmir fighting a conventional war with remaining Indian forces. India launches nuclear weapon strikes at China and while many abort due to Chinese cyber-attacks, others succeed and many major Chinese urban and military centers are vaporized. Return fire by Chinese nuclear weapons upon India are much more extensive. Kashmir oil wells burn unrestrained for months.
China splinters with many warlords rising from the vestiges of the Chinese army.
India splinters with remaining populations dividing along militant religious divisions

Why are then the Muslim Princes whining about something in Italy? Also on the map technically Zagreb is owned by Zaphoria (spelling), but I don't mind. Not sure how the defective mutants would be able to survive the 'survival of the fittest' scenario considering radiation doesn't give you powers in the real world. You'd end up having to kill most of the mutated children anyway or perish with them.

Why are then the Muslim Princes whining about something in Italy? Not sure how the defective mutants would be able to survive the 'survival of the fittest' scenario considering radiation doesn't give you powers in the real world. You'd end up having to kill most of the mutated children anyway or perish with them.

To be clear- they aren't super mutants. They are the sick and disabled that family members feel they have to care for and which are causing a major economic slow-down for the Mefetis. They die early, do not contribute to society and often, if it was not against the will of the Pope, they would be left to die of exposure. (and sometimes they are anyway)

Its also represented by a much larger number of aborted fetuses, child mortality and high rates of cancer.

The sunni islamic princes do not fear the Catholics of the Mefetis directly- more to the point, they fear and worry about the influence of the Pope and his ideology on the Catholic princes and the influence of those princes, as agents of the Pope on the confederation. Its not a major concern, as evidenced by their high loyalty... its just that, if they had to complain about something, that would be it.

Also on the map technically Zagreb is owned by Zaphoria (spelling), but I don't mind.
Fixed?

Oh god the Pope...something has to be done about that :p

To: CCU

Would you care to sign an alliance with us?

To: Iberia

We think that with a little bit of friendly influence you would undertake a better version of Communism; Communalism. As such we will agree to this Alliance.

We also advise that you think more about the environment. We have also looked into your drought crisis, and whilst we predicted that using ice to provide water to help farms was impossible on any long term basis, it could help alleviate some of the less affected. However, It might be a bit expensive.

N.B would communalist peoples like to talk up their ideology? Yeah, probably.

From Brazil,
To Canada, USA

Teach us how to make those beautiful CF-188 Wraiths?

To: Quebec

We at Crosshairs Corporation wish to extend a hand of friendship to Quebec, but we do worry. In these trying times many are proposing wild experiments with Communism and other forms of treachery. We hope that the people of Quebec do not see evil in profit, because we at Crosshairs hope to profit alongside the people of Quebec.

To: Absaroka

We feel Communism is indeed treachery and we would never venture to its dark depths, this much we can promise you that much

From Brazil,
To Canada, USA

Teach us how to make those beautiful CF-188 Wraiths?

To Brazil, USA
From Canada

Naturally, being a Canadian design, the USA does not have the right to sell the plans for the fighter; that being said, however, if you make it worth our while, we may be able to sell them to you.

To: Ummat Al-Mu’minin

We propose a trade alliance of some sort. Deal?

To Brazil, USA
From Canada

Naturally, being a Canadian design, the USA does not have the right to sell the plans for the fighter; that being said, however, if you make it worth our while, we may be able to sell them to you.

We will pay 2EP for the design. Does that interest you?

To: Ummat Al-Mu’minin

We propose a trade alliance of some sort. Deal?

What did you have in mind? Our merchants are always eager to find new markets for our industries.

To: ASEAN Union

Our people have always had close ties, we have traditionally been important trade partners and firm partners on a matter of subjects. Indeed the main precursor of the Sultunates, the Republic of Indonesia, was a founding member of the original ASEAN group, and although we want no part in a formal union I do hope we will continue to work together to the benefit of us both. There are many challenges and ambitions we have in common, and a strong ASEAN-Sultanate axis could provide an important structure and stability in the politics of South East Asia. What is your opinion?

I have no idea how you can run a nes with so many stats. It is impressive!

Excel.

To: ASEAN Union

Our people have always had close ties, we have traditionally been important trade partners and firm partners on a matter of subjects. Indeed the main precursor of the Sultunates, the Republic of Indonesia, was a founding member of the original ASEAN group, and although we want no part in a formal union I do hope we will continue to work together to the benefit of us both. There are many challenges and ambitions we have in common, and a strong ASEAN-Sultanate axis could provide an important structure and stability in the politics of South East Asia. What is your opinion?

From the ASEAN union,
To the Islands Sultans

Our grandfathers may have cooperated but since the world went to sheet, things have been very different indeed. What we’ve seen from you is a growing cooperation, even dependence upon, the fanatical Umma Al-Um’minin and a betrayal of your own people to its religion and culture. Since that time you’ve cooperate dwith their merchants and competed with ours. And so you will understand our confusion at your words.

That said, if you seriously wish to mend your ways and seek to form a strong alliance with us, we are open to such cooperation. How will we know your sincerity? How will we make concrete your idea of a strong ASEAN-Sultanate axis.

42 hours until orders are due. I am missing a few still.

Immaculate, I am constructing my stories for Canada, but have a question for you: with Canada being a despotic oligarchy, did you imagine it as a sort of "board of directors" who run the country? My rough draft so far has that sort of image for it, but was curious about your opinion.

What. I have never even seen a deadline announced, and it certainly isn't in your signature.

I started university this monday. I might have time to write orders tonight, but I won't guarantee anything.

Top Bottom