Best Let's Plays to watch to improve at the game?

Rabble159

Chieftain
I've watched some of MadDjinn's videos of Diety play and they're pretty useful to get down the basics of how to not get horribly crushed on higher difficulties. Are there any similar high level streamers?

First thing is that you probably actually learn more by reading here and playing the game then watching any of the lets players, but you can still learn much from them.

If you want to learn from the lets plays you should crticise what they are doing and try to make it better yourself, for example you can download the map Maddijin is playing right now, wach the game and play it yourself tring to do even better because if you can do better then the player who have the disadvantage of having to discover the map you show that you are able to improve your game.

However one thing you should never do is to take anything for the truth. I do not have any build orders, do not sort anything by tiers, for me nothing is predermitade or true.

I haven't played much civ at all but I can probably be considered as good as anyone else here and I can beat diety without problem other then I have the weakness of getting bored very quickly.

I hate to play the "I like so&so the best" card, but MadDjinn is by far the best Civ 5 LPer out there... no question. (waves at MadDjinn) :D

Seriously speaking though, he has the game pretty much down pat, he's easy to listen too and learn from, and he makes sense in his vids, plus he's entertaining his audience with his mild mannered approach to gaming. That, plus he's confident in his love for the game, which helps new gamers alot as some LP posters tend to get frustrated and defensive about their games. I don't know how to explain it really, but I've followed MadDjinn for awhile now, and I feel "relaxed" as a gamer with his approach as opposed to others. There are very few LP for Civ 5 actually, but MadDjinn's LP's really shine for me.

MadDjinn is the best, and now he's also on Polycast. If you have specific questions, you could write an email to the show. They might answer them on the show.

Listening in...thanks for the link.

Actually I'm a bit more pathetic--looking for ways to win at King. When I play Prince, it's a boring runaway but when I play King, I have to play several games (and have some luck) before I can ever win.

Top Bottom