Pre-FC/CrezNES Thread: 1836

I've edited the cost section and added all of it to the front page. Please re-read the costs section!

In the expected
There is not any surprise
Hanami recurs

Confirming Belgium.

And it's just skirmishes at this point Arrow. There are already treaties on the books that you are ignoring.

Can you re-clarify how the division of labor works between you and fc? I'm just curious as to how you'll arbitrate disagreements and all that. As a past co-mod I know it can be tricky sometimes.

Also fc has been super quiet (read: not here) since this thread was posted.

Can you re-clarify how the division of labor works between you and fc? I'm just curious as to how you'll arbitrate disagreements and all that. As a past co-mod I know it can be tricky sometimes.

Also fc has been super quiet (read: not here) since this thread was posted.

We'll work out disagreements on our own terms. As for why he hasn't posted, I guess he hasn't had much to say. He's been working on the map.

Just to be clear I will oppose on principle any first-turn invasions/aggressive acts that I'm not told about in advance of my sending orders. I will be particularly annoyed if anyone tries to make bank out of Belgium (see below) or opens up the Italian/Eastern Questions. Really, as the premier great power and sole world power ya'll should probably be talking to me in advance of anything that might rock the geopolitical boat.

Arrow Gamer said:
war against Belgium

That would be stupid.

Who started war against Belgium? Do we send orders?

Also, spryllino, the King of Greece, King Otto, is son of Ludwig I, King of Bavaria. In RL, the two exchanged letters, King Ludwig I was a philhellene and gave advices to his son. Also, a Bavarian force joined the Greek Army. So, since we are such good friends, could you give me a loan of £005 K?

On an another note, the Greek economy sucks. In 1840 or so, in RL, Greece got bankrupt and I hope that I will be able to avoid this.

I think IC discussions should basically be kept for the actual thread, but, yes, I expect Bavaria ca lend Greece money, subject to specific terms of repayment. Also, in order to guarantee the loan's security, there would have to be an undertaking not to go to war with any party, unless directly attacked, until the loan was repayed, or something along those lines.

Ok, I guess. I cannot go to war, anyway, so I will agree with your terms.

My economic problem is that: Treasury + Net Revenue - (Negative) Budget Surplus + Net Spending = 209 + 142 - 107 + 249 = 351 - 356 = - 5.

So, I need this £5 loan in order to avoid bankruptcy.

No you don't; you've got your maths wrong. The budget surplus (or deficit) is simply the amount by which the Net Revenue is greater (or lesser) than the net spending, which means if you put the whole lot into one equation like that you end up subtracting the deficit twice. That means you've got two years before you go into the red.

Also, it's a terrible idea trying to balance your books by borrowing money; you'll still have a deficit of 107 K next year, and borrowing will only put off the problem for a year, and then you'll have interest to pay too. Borrowing to get out of debt is what is bound to make you go bankrupt in about 1840 or so. You probably need to reorganise your income and spending so that you are no longer running a deficit.

Thanks for the explanation.

Also, it's a terrible idea trying to balance your books by borrowing money; you'll still have a deficit of 107 K next year, and borrowing will only put off the problem for a year, and then you'll have interest to pay too.

That's what Charilaos Trikoupis tried to do and bankraupted Greece.

You probably need to reorganise your income and spending so that you are no longer running a deficit.

That is what Otto tried to do, and he got a coup in 1843.

That is what Otto tried to do, and he got a coup in 1843.

That's the foolish Hellenes fault for not realising the immanent genius of balancing the books. Fortunately, considering this is not reality, there is really no harm in trying what spry has suggested just because the outcome IRL was less than optimal.

You are right. I shall increase the taxes and tariffs.

What a surprise, Greeks have been unable to run their own finances for two hundred years

And yet, we still beat the Italians and the Turks.

Top Bottom