Update 2
Update 3
Update 4
Update 5
Early Bronze Age Transition:
Update 5.3333...
Bronze Age:
Update 6

Hello! I am mrrandomplayer, and as stated a few months ago, I am working on a world-simulator NES. It will be a Light-Stat NES, with very basic statistics at the beginning of the game and they will progress as technology, economics, and my modding abilities improve. Storytelling is allowed and encouraged, and I tend to favor those who tell stories a little more.

What's the premise of this NES?

Good question, hypothetical person who asked me! This NES is loosely based on the Civ 4 mod Rhye's and Fall of Civilization (more precisely RFC RAND or Dawn of Civilization), which simulates history through the dynamic rise and fall of civs from 3000 BC to the present day. However, this NES will use a random map.

How is this "history simulator" engine going to work?

It will be done by era. At the beginning of the game, we will be in the Stone Age with only 3-6 civilizations and VERY basic stats. However, later on, the era will advance to the Bronze Age, with more advanced technology, stats, and decision trees. Here are the foreseeable eras for the game, the amount of updates, and the recommended player size. ALL OF THESE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Stone Age: 5 updates, 3-6 players, very basic (a few EP a turn, few decision paths, little military technology )
Bronze Age: 7 updates, 6-12 players, slightly more advanced stats (basic trade routes/economies, more decisions, more military technology, naval technology, etc)
Early Iron Age: 7 updates, 12-16 players, somewhat advanced stats (more trade, many more decisions, serious warfare potential)
Late Iron Age: 6 updates, 14-18 players, more advanced version of Early Iron Age.

Do I have to start in the Stone Age?

No, of course not. You can start any time you want to. There are certain advantages and disadvantages to different starting times, though.

Like what?

If you start earlier, you will have more of a choice of land and you will have more influence on history overall. However, you are more at risk of falling behind technologically, instability, and newer civilizations taking bites out of your territory, especially if you are more imperialistic. If you start later, you will start with more technology, military, and territory, but will have fewer choices for land and be subject to modeling your application on previous history.

What if I want to ditch my old/weak/unstable/boring civilization and make a new one?

Go ahead. Your old civilization will become an NPC and you can roll up a new application for the era. No powergaming and exploiting that, however.

Current Player Template for Bronze Age Civs (new players use this):
-Name/Player: Pretty obvious
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): Pretty obvious as well, except you won't be able to claim much territory.
-Government: Despotism (you will have more options later)
-Unique Power: You are allowed to make up one unique power for your civ. It does not have to be statistical and probably shouldn't be, but I will always take it into account where it matters. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO VETO ANY OVERPOWERED UPs and require you to think of a new one.
-Cities: Name your capital and other city and put them on the map in the format here:
-Name:
-Size: 1 (no extra EPs)
-EP produced per turn: 10 (5 + 5 from Palace)
-Maintenance: 0
-Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)
-Name:
-Size: 1 (no extra EPs)
-EP produced per turn: 4 (5 - 1 for maintenance)
-Maintenance: 1
-Unique Features: None
-EP per turn: 14
-Stored EP: 0
-EP Spending: This is where you'll list your EP spending. You don't need to put anything here right now.
-Army Size: Split 7 between army and navy. Army can't be less than 2.
-Navy Size: See above. N/A if you're landlocked.
-Description: Describe your civilization. It doesn't need to be more than a few brief sentences.

Player Stat Template for Stone Age Civs (not needed anymore):
Spoiler :
-Name/Player: Pretty obvious
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): Pretty obvious as well, except you won't be able to claim much territory at first.
-Government: Despotism (you will have more options later)
-Unique Power: You are allowed to make up one unique power for your civ. It does not have to be statistical and probably shouldn't be, but I will always take it into account where it matters. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO VETO ANY OVERPOWERED UPs and require you to think of a new one.
-Cities: Name your capital and put it on the map in the format here:
-Name:
-Size: 1
-EP produced per turn: 10 (for the capital)
You will also list other cities here in a similar format, but you don't have any.
-EP per turn: 10
-EP Spending: This is where you'll list your EP spending. You don't need to put anything here right now.
-Army Size: 5
-Description: Describe your civilization. It doesn't need to be more than a few brief sentences.

Will there be more statistics/features?

Yes, some of them are hidden statistics known only by me (stability and espionage are the two I can think of off the top of my head) and others will be added as the game progresses.

Will orders be public or PM?

All orders except for espionage orders will be public.

The rivers are in the climate map. Settling near a river will help you out a lot in the early game. One last thing: Before you chew me out on my horrible and unrealistic mapmaking skills, while this is a world-simulator, this is not "Strictly-Realistic/Perfect-MapNES". While some of the errors are due to my clumsiness with Paint, I am not an expert on realistic worlds in terms of climate and elevation. Please just ignore my errors and enjoy the NES for what it is!

Also, please no metagaming with full knowledge of the map. It is neither balanced nor fun.

So just roll up an application, put your nation on the map (for newer players: use the Update 5 Map for your map!!!) (not very much territory, on the political map please! Also, not on the New World), and I will begin in a bit!
Political map:
Spoiler :

Religious map (blank right now):
Spoiler :

Elevation map:
Spoiler :

Climate map (with rivers):
Spoiler :

Note: I don't run this NES anymore. Pole and awesome run the NES now.

This looks interesting. Stone Age is a bit too early for me, but I shall subscribe and perhaps join once you move past it.

:)

Player Stat Template for Stone Age Civs:
-Name/Player: Vengra/Lord_Herobrine
-Starting Location and Color (show on map):
Spoiler :

-Government: Despotism
-Unique Power: Power of the Harvest Moon; Allows for the quick replenishing of depleted food sources and reaps a larger yield per bushel of crops or net of fish caught.
-Cities: Vameshi
-Name:
-Size: Small

-EP Spending: N/A
-Description: The Vengra are a people who have grown together at the mouth of the Vahme river. For centuries they have relied on the seasonal rains from the sea to replenish the ground and bring new growth to the fields of wild plants, as well bringing an annual salmon run that swims up the river to lay their eggs. During this time of rebirth and lush greenery the Vengra have harvested a life out of the local ecosystem for years upon years. Fond of most creatures, the Vengra have consistently prayed tribute to the spirits of the sea (Cepien) and of the rain (Hydan), as well the great condor that watches over the creatures of the world that is known as, "Ryadin the all-seeing."

Quickly claiming the region that looks like Thailand/Vietnam. Full app later. :)

Great! Remember the claim shouldn't be much bigger than your capital and a VERY small outlier.

This should work if I've grasped the realism level right. The Immortal is a plot device to explain why a Stone Age civ has cities and standing armies.

Name: The Moderns/Neverwonagame3
Location and colour: Any Temperate River, Green
Government: Despotism
Unique Power: The Immortal. See backstory.
Cities: Capital Province

EP per turn: 10
Stored EP: 0
EP spending:
Army size: 5

Description: The Moderns are a tribe under the protection of the Immortal, who is constrained both by his sheer lack of charisma and cowardice but exploits his reincarnations to manipulate the Moderns from behind the scenes. The Immortal is in fact from a highly modern civilization, but was an Arts Major and thus was helpless to advance technology.

-Name/Player: Eshika
-Starting Location and Color (show on map):

-Government: Tribal Rule
-Unique Power:
Dies! Where we live has a dearth of nice resources, which will likely spur us to trade as well as develop decent boats.
-Cities: Name your capital and put it on the map in the format here:
Quote:
-Name: Eshika

-EP Spending:
-Description: There's not much to say about our people. Our ancestors have been Eshi for generations and generations. We know every rock, every creek, every tree, and we know the spirits and gods of our lands as well as any mortal can. Tobar, the Day (represented by the Sun) and his wife, Melka, the Night (Represented by the Moon,) Sither, the Land, and his wife Greta, the Ocean, as well as Genderless Orda, Death, are our main dieties, but spirits and lesser gods inhabity everything, and we must not forget our duties to them in our worship of the greater gods.
We have pistachios, figs, olives, pomegranate, barley, goats, dogs, cats, and donkeys as domesticates. There is also a good amount of seafood off the coast, as well as a shellfish that provides a bright silver die. All in all, enough agricultural surplus for the Eshi to slowly grow from semi-permanent seasonal settlements into an actual coastal city.

Interested.... Subbed.. Application when I reach home.. or during the break :p

Application in a few days...

interested, subbing

Original post updated with full application. :)

Player Stat Template for Stone Age Civs:

-Name/Player: Tusdar/Everblack
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): At the bottom
-Government: Despotism
-Unique Power: Oasis finders -The Tusdar people are able to find Oasis in the deserts areas making it easier for them to settle desert lands.

-City Name: Miscaro

Other cites names: Ascrabian, Lavenria, Karta, Obantar

You will also list other cities here in a similar format, but you don't have any.
-EP Spending:
-Description: The people of Tusdar are surrounded by vast desert. They live off the fertile rich Lamia river that crosses the desert. The people of Tusdar were once nomads traveling across the unforgiving landscape but when they discover the Lamia they settle around this river.

Attachments

• Locate civ.JPG
    Locate civ.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 76
Applications for the Stone Age are due by Sunday, January 12 at noon EST. I will have Update 0 done by the end of that day. If your application needs changes, just post your changes and edit your original application as well.

@Lord_Herobrine: Seems good except for the Unique Power, which is a little confusing and ambiguous. If you want it to be food focused: maybe it could be the "Power of Growth: Cities grow faster" or something like that? If you mean strategic resources, maybe something like "the Power of Conservation (or Power of Efficiency): fewer strategic resources are needed for armies/projects and deposits of strategic resources take longer to be exhausted", maybe? I just need some clarification.

@NWAG: No, no metagaming or anything. Think of this as a regular game of Civ, except you make up the civilization and start on a random map. This is a world simulator, so you don't need to tie in anything related to the leader or how the people came to be. Think of Stone Age in this context as Ancient Egypt or Babylonia or Zhou China or the Harappa.

@Thomas.berubeg: Seems fine. By Dies you mean Dye, right?

@Everblack: Looks good to me.

Applications for the Stone Age are due by Sunday, January 12 at noon EST. I will have Update 0 done by the end of that day. If your application needs changes, just post your changes and edit your original application as well.

@Thomas.berubeg: Seems fine. By Dies you mean Dye, right?

Yup, exactly!

@Lord_Herobrine: Seems good except for the Unique Power, which is a little confusing and ambiguous. If you want it to be food focused: maybe it could be the "Power of Growth: Cities grow faster" or something like that? If you mean strategic resources, maybe something like "the Power of Conservation (or Power of Efficiency): fewer strategic resources are needed for armies/projects and deposits of strategic resources take longer to be exhausted", maybe? I just need some clarification.

Sure, I edited my application to clarify myself more. Hope that helps.

I'll revise it then, but just to be clear: I can mix with Copper Age stuff, right? That's about the only way I can make something work now.

I'll revise it then, but just to be clear: I can mix with Copper Age stuff, right? That's about the only way I can make something work now.

We're in the Tail end of the Neolithic. City states with armies, etc, are organizing.
^Pretty much this.

Not quite Copper Age, but close enough to have city-states, organized religion, basic masonry, basic armies, etc. Think of this as the Ancient Era in Civ 4. You're at that level in terms of technology.

Top Bottom