NESPolitik: In the War Room (In Character Thread)

Representative Banks gets up from his seat with an unhappy expression.

"Then it will be war. But if you want so much a bloodbath, let's hope is not in vain. Join this war without help means waste innocent lives. I will not support this conflict if you seek one foolish glorious defeat. The post of Minister of Foreign Affairs will be as vital as the post of Defence Minister in this war, then I suggest that we create both. We need allies to strengthen our independence and send back home any Englishman who disembark in our territory. And nothing else. I stress here that an invasion of England would be extremely imprudent, and as such should not even be contemplated. And if what they say is true, the English navy is weak, and we must seize this chance. Why fight the English in colonial soil, if we can sink them before they even come close to the coast? My advice is to finance the construction of a powerful naval force, and put it under the command of an experienced sailor."

Edwards vote would have been Nay had he been present. Edward wants a peaceful reconciliation with England, especially since his two daughters are attending school in England and his wife's family are landowners there. Not to mention that his son has a Captains rank in the English army.

*Edward leaves for his estate, to make preparations to secure his family and various estates.*

"Now that we are decided on war, I think we should create the skeleton of our revolutionary government before performing any more actions.

"I agree with Representative Banks, that a Minister of Foreign Affairs will be essential to gain the support of the international community, and will vote Aye to its creation. Besides that, a Minister of Defence, and a Minister of Economy, are there any other positions anyone sees as essential?"

"Representative Chapman would like to question the 'decision' of war made, but he shall also nominate a position for Minister of Internal Affairs."

"Representative Frank would like to remind this body that with any creation of bureaucracy we would need an accompanying measure to pay for it. That being said, I whole heatedly support the creation of a Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Defense, and most especially a Ministry of Economy. Aye, to that. Though I suppose none among us have any particular expertise in these areas, so I also support the commissioning of a more detailed report on each of these issues from our advisors. Specifically the size and strength of our current military, the relative size of the English forces, the current make up of international relations, a detailed look at what funds this body may or may not currently have to spend, and a general idea of possible revenue that could be gained from a war tax.

"Further, I think in the interest of organizing ourselves a Prime Minister, from among us, would be useful in setting an agenda, and leading this body in discussion."

Top Bottom