Civ3: Conquests & Civ3 Gold Shipping Date

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Just visited the EB Games site and noticed they are already accepting pre-orders for the Civilization III: Conquests expansion. The price is $29.99 (same as Play the World) and the shipping date is listed as October 28th, 2003. No box shot is available.

EDIT: There is also a new pre-order title called "Civilization III Gold" on Eb Games, which will also ship on the same day as Conquests. Price is $39.99. It doesn't say what this package will include, but my (revised) guess is vanilla Civ3 + PTW.

Maybe Jeff_Atari can give us more info? ;)

That is nice but I will not preorder it because there is no need to. On October 28th I will just go to the store and buy it... :)

Thunderfall,

For 39.99, I'll bet that Civ III Gold will just include Vanilla Civ and PTW. If they were to throw in Conquests, regularly priced at 29.99, there would be protestors in the streets outside of Atari headquarters!

Hehe, a long time ago I made a prediction that there will be two titles one Conquests and the other something else for players that have PTW and for players that do not. People said it would be too complex to make two. Turns out I was right. :) I will be buying Conquests and not Gold because I plan to buy PTW soon.

Gold will not include Vanilla because everyone kinda already has it. It will probably include the two expansions.

If it were to include Vanilla and PTW then why did not they make the tile earlier so it could be released earlier?:confused:

Amazon.com also has Conquests for pre-order; currently for $2 less, but no Civ 3 Gold at Amazon.

Amazon.com Link

Considering that Atari mentioned that Conquests would go for 29.99, I doubt they would include it with Civ3 Gold for only 10.00 more this early.

Originally posted by civrules
...If it were to include Vanilla and PTW then why did not they make the tile earlier so it could be released earlier?:confused:
When I bought civ3 I bought it packaged with PTW (back in february sometime). Then it cost approximately 40 bux.

Originally posted by JonathanValjean
Thunderfall,

For 39.99, I'll bet that Civ III Gold will just include Vanilla Civ and PTW. If they were to throw in Conquests, regularly priced at 29.99, there would be protestors in the streets outside of Atari headquarters!
You are most likely right. :) The Civ3 Gold edition probably will replace the current Game of the Year edition.

What are the chances thet 'Conquests' will actually be out in October. I predict more like January 2004.

Hmmm....reading the features list is kinda like reading about the things that modders/scenario builders have been doing here for awhile.

Not a bad deal to have a user community do your prototype work for you!

Didn't PTW make it's release date? I honestly don't remember, I wasn't going to get it. And then got it right after it came out. :D

Just so long as they don't call it C3C v1.10. . . .it could be a couple of years before we see it. :(

Originally posted by Fr8monkey
What are the chances thet 'Conquests' will actually be out in October. I predict more like January 2004.
Well if they have the same schedule as with PTW it's in Finland in March

I hope there isnt a delay with the UK release like with PTW.

I remember my frantic quest (3 locations sought, 40 miles driven) to buy PTW the first day it came out. And loading up, going into Multiplayer mode, starting a game with Richard III, starting it again, starting it again, starting it again... going to bed frustrated...

I want to see a lot more incentives than Commercial Dock this time around.

As soon it will be out, I will ask someone in the US to buy it and send it to me. I don't want that stupid US/UK 1.14/1.29 patch crap anymore.

But I defenitely want the game ASAP!

Maybe I'm a little behind and slow.......will Conquests be installed on top of PTW?

Originally posted by civjunkie
Maybe I'm a little behind and slow.......will Conquests be installed on top of PTW?

You will not need to own Play the World in order to install Civilization III: Conquests. Civ Conquests only requires ownership of Civilization III.

Best,
Jeff Foley
Atari

Top Bottom