Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

You are supposed to use them together. First install the official 3.13 patch, then apply Bhruic's. Maybe you did it the other way around?

You are supposed to use them together. First install the official 3.13 patch, then apply Bhruic's. Maybe you did it the other way around?

no, I did 3.13 first, becuase I only got the game a few weeks ago. Then I did Bhruic's. For Bhruic's all I did was replace the core with his core... but for some reason the military academy thing still does work... I am not sure why.

Does it make a difference that I have the Gold Edition of Civilization 4, and then bought the BTS add-on?

I am using version 1.05 of the unofficial patch. Does it make a difference with 1.11? Also, will I need to make a new game?

Thanks.

Thanks.

I have the official 3.13 patch, but it still let's me build the military academy even without military science. I am not sure why?

I use the official 3.13 patch combined with bhuric's unofficial 3.13 patch.

Could that be causing the problem?

Am I not supposed to use the official 3.13 patch with the unofficial one? Sorry, I am very dumb :(

Thanks.

Are you sure the 3.13 is in correctly? It says 3.13 as the version when you check it in game. I do not think this is something that Bhruic fixed, so it should be in the original patch.

Are you sure the 3.13 is in correctly? It says 3.13 as the version when you check it in game. I do not think this is something that Bhruic fixed, so it should be in the original patch.

Yeah, you are right, it is not something Bhuric fixed, it should be in the 3.13 patch fix, because I read the bug fixes. I will check that tonight when I turn on the game, and see.

thank you, because you are right, it was fixed in 3.13, which is why I am confused.

Thanks.

Are you using any mods? I used to use a mod that only changed graphics but because the file that identifies the art style used by buildings is the same one that says how they're build it was overriding the fix. So I had to stop useng it.

Are you using any mods? I used to use a mod that only changed graphics but because the file that identifies the art style used by buildings is the same one that says how they're build it was overriding the fix. So I had to stop useng it.

Oh, that is a good point.

I am using the EDU mods for the unique units. Maybe that is causing the problem. I forgot about that!!

I will try a quick game tonight without using the mod and see if that makes a difference.

Yes, the only other thing I have is blue marble, but I know that isn't causing it.

Edit: It is the EDU 3.14 mod that is causing the problem. I now see someone else reported the same problem there. It didn't occur to me that the graphics mod could cause this problem. Thanks for all the help! Now I will just play the regular with Bhruic's cool fixes :)

Is the Military Academy the one that's +2 xp?

If so, I was also able to build it in my recent mp game (I do have a save I think). I got a GG as Rome, and I just entered classical period.

No mods, only 3.13 and Bhuric's.

Great job on this project!

Do you have an example (link?) of how to reproduce the following bug that you fixed?
Fixed bug with Warlords attaching to units when the Great General is part of a selection group

I dread to think of the reaction to Alexman expressing interest in the unofficial patch will be........

Do you have an example (link?) of how to reproduce the following bug that you fixed?

It's a pretty easy situation to set up - just add a GG with worldbuilder and group it with another unit. That's pretty much the extent of it. :) You should be able to notice the bug immediately after joining the Warlord - selecting any of the promotions will have no visible effect (although the buttons are actually working correctly).

Bh

Hello,
Thank you for that great work Bhriuc. :)

I think i spotted another a bug:
There are some stacks of enemy units in my cultur boarder. But they do not attack, they just wait one square beetween them and the city since 100 of years, althought my city has just a few week defenders. They do not even plunder my horse etc.
Same "problem" on my other city.

I used 1.11 Patch, heres the save:

Attachments

• noattackbug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    196 KB · Views: 87

My god...he's alive. He's ALIVE! :D

The galley in question is just ourside Cuzco. My previously posted save was from a few game years later, when upgrading the galley made the quest fail.

Ah, yes, I found what's causing the problem. Each unit has a unique ID. The event code saves the ID of the Galley when the quest is started, and then checks to make sure the ID still exists each turn to verify the Galley isn't lost (apparently that's a valid way to fail the quest?). But when you upgrade a unit, it generates a new ID. So the game tries to find a unit matching the previous unit, fails to find it, and assumes the galley has been lost.

Fixing the problem on the other hand... I'll probably need to do a manual cycle through of all active quests when upgrading a unit to see if that unit is the target of a quest, and then save the new ID if that's true. Should be doable.

Bh

I think i spotted another a bug:
There are some stacks of enemy units in my culture border. But they do not attack, they just wait one square between them and the city since 100 of years, although my city has just a few week defenders. They do not even plunder my horse etc.
Same "problem" on my other city.

I find that same problem in all the games I play. Sometimes the enemy units just sit there (in a tile next to my city) doing anything until the war is over or I kill them. They kind of "freeze". But it happens with only some of the enemy stacks, the others behave normally.

I find that same problem in all the games I play. Sometimes the enemy units just sit there (in a tile next to my city) doing anything until the war is over or I kill them. They kind of "freeze". But it happens with only some of the enemy stacks, the others behave normally.

I've seen the enemy "park" stacks near my cities too, but usually they continually reinforce the stack until they have sufficient units to attack and take the city. If they aren't reinforcing, and they aren't being prevented from doing that, then it's probably not good behaviour.

Bh

I was happy to see Alexman's post. Bhruic has indeed done a great job with his fixes, and it's nice to see Firaxis taking an interest in them. Welcome back, Alexman :).
Actually Alexman never left (just didn't post) and continue to visit CFC often.

Top Bottom