Yugoslav Partisans

Hmm I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... my South Vietnamese city names are coming up as bright yellow but my unit bar is coming up as green (but I want it to be yellow as well).

Attachments

• Quanq Tri.png
    Quanq Tri.png
    317 KB · Views: 253
I'm looking to do the opposite. I want to limit city growth to a minimum. I'm not including the granary and making agriculture pretty limited. I will set the Aqueduct and Sewer settings in @COSMIC to 3 and 8 and not include either as a buildable improvement. I'm just worried that the pop-up will still keep on appearing which will be an annoyance for the player. I'm hoping that if the improvements are not available to build then the pop-up won't show up, but I will probably have to test this. I was just wondering if anyone had looked into this before.

I guess another option would be to remove the pop-up itself. I have often wondered about removing the Coastal Fortress and fighters scramble pop-ups which get pretty tiresome during the AI's turn and prevents me from leaving the room to get a coffee and having my next turn waiting for me when I return!

:wallbash:

Oh, don't I know about those pop-up's during the AI's turns, McMonkey. Starting many scenarios from classics like Red Front to even my Korean War require sitting there, clicking off pop-up's for 5-10 minutes at least before anything can be done. Disabling those pop-up's would be very nice (then there would just be the Events pop-up text, but that would be much cut-down from what it currently is, and not have the endless repetition. It's not like there's anything you can do but defend or attack at the increased or decreased value once the city is attacked anyways).

Bulgarian army = 2 stars
Italian army = 2 stars

Italian army = Bulgarian army

*sobs in the corner nationalistically*

Had to make the joke, no bad feelings.:D

Also if you can not find a solution for the aqueduct messages just do like me in my civil war project ... turn off the notifications in the game panel.
Also notifications tend to dissapear in 10-15 secs if you do not click "OK", or atleast some of them do. Maybe you can speed up the period in case you can not completely remove them.

Also remembered about this project because I am stuck on this for few hours now. The melody is epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1YzXSspotM

Can't believe I forgot about these options!

The star system is not meant to be a slight. Two stars just denotes regular units, whereas three stars denotes elite formations such as SS or the Proletarian Brigades. If it makes you feel better the British Infantry is also two stars ;)

The custom resources feature of ToTPP is really useful. I spotted a load of Spanish vineyards close to each other in Imperialism and investigated this feature that I had overlooked. It certainly helps in ensuring that minor villages lucky enough to be near several resources don't grow into major powerhouses whilst major cities can be given a boost. Control+1/2 to add, Control+) to delete. So simple but so useful!

Thanks for the tip McMonkey. I didn't really understand the potential of this custom resource feature until I read your thread.

ToTPP introduced so many new features it was inevitable that one or two might be overlooked. I'm going to go back through it again and see what else I might have missed. The biggest one I need to tackle is Lua. In the past I learned Macro by imitation. I know there is an example available, just got to get my ass in gear and work it out.

Does anyone know the factors that affect the dispersal of Goody Huts? Is there any documentation on the subject? Is there a way to custom add huts?

The reason I ask is that nearly all of the huts appear to have disappeared from my save. I need them for the initial uprising. I think it must be down to changes I have made to the rules file, possibly @TERRAIN. I have tried using the cheat menu to restore all huts with no effect. Any ideas would be welcome!

EDIT: Just done a little test by putting in the rules.txt file from SCW and hey presto, the huts have re-appeared. I'm almost certain the disappearance has been caused by changes I made to @TERRAIN. Any ideas what settings might cause the Goody Huts to vanish? I can go through step by step and track it down, but if anyone knows they can save me a lot of time! ;)

I don't think (though I will check) that it is to do with that setting as there are still a handful of huts on the map. My hunch is that it has something to do with the special resources settings which I recently tweaked and renamed. I'm not sure why they would affect huts, but it seems the only plausible explanation. A bit of trial and error testing is in order.

Cracked it. Took me a while to twig, but it's to do with Impassable Terrain! As I'm using railroads most terrain types (bar towns and railbed) are set as impassable. Hits will only appear on passable terrain! Now I know this is causing the issue I can try and work around it. As long as I put town terrain on all of the squares that currently have a hut on them I can re-introduce the vast majority to the map and hopefully add a few extras too. Time consuming but essential for the game mechanics!

Progress is slow but steady. Just thought I would post a screenie of my testing for the uprising events:

The hunted Partisan Detachments versus Croatian Home Guard & Ustashi from the west and Serbian State Guard, Volunteer Corps and Russian Corps from the East.

Hey, McMonkey, if you're still actively working on this, or plan to in the foreseeable future, here's an idea for you I just stumbled across. Maybe have this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Antifascist_Front_of_Croatia -which seems to have been created by Tito's organization mostly as a mass facilitation network for logistics, support, and economic (among several other roles) as maybe a buildable Wonder for the Player Civ, maybe as the Pyramids, or even Adam Smith. Just a thought there.

Oh, I just stumbled across something else. Will you have the Italian-backed Montenegrin-nationalist military unit that Mussolini promised (probably unreliably) their own territories separate from Serbian or Croatian authority (or sub-authority, really), the Lovcen Brigade https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovćen_Brigade , as a separate unit, or lump it in with a fascist Serbian or Independent State of Croatia unit to save unit slots? I believe they revived the battle flag earlier members who later formed that group used at the 1919 Christmas Uprising over how the formation of a unified Yugoslavia was handled.

Attachments

• Zastave_Kraljevine_Crne_Gore.jpg
    Zastave_Kraljevine_Crne_Gore.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 163
Top Bottom