Industrial Unit Graphics

Russo-Turkish War of 1877 Turks and their allies. These are the 1860- 1876 French zouave inspired uniforms. They were replaced by Prussian influenced uniforms after the war. Romanians and regional Ottoman forces for the Caucasus to come.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Russo-Turkish War 1877 Turks.png
    Tanelorn Russo-Turkish War 1877 Turks.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,011
Thank you guys.
From the lands of count Dracula :D, these are the Russians Romanian allies, that distinguished themselves at the siege of Plevna. Their Prussian looks went along with the old Dreyse needle rifles they carried, until they replaced them with Peabodys which also used by the Turkish foes. So they were both beter armed than the Russians.

Dorobantzi are territorial peasant infantry, Rosiory are regular and Calarasi auxiliary cavalry.

Their looks persisted until the turn of the century. I don't know if the Rosiori used lances at this stage...

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1877 Rumanians.png
    Tanelorn 1877 Rumanians.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 902
Pre WW1 Austrohungarians (1888 to 1910). I couldn't find Grenz troops for the period. Regular cavalry is the same as for WW1.

Attachments

• Austrohungarians 1888 to 1910.png
    Austrohungarians 1888 to 1910.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 859
Thanks M!
Here's a small adendum:

edit2: The 2nd infantry uniform should read 1880 instead. To fix in the expanded version.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Kingdom of Greece 1868-1910.png
    Tanelorn Kingdom of Greece 1868-1910.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 813
First period of viceroyalty & king Otto's rule, from 1833 to 1852.

Hoplites are line infantry. Akrovolistai are jaegers.
National colours switched to light blue match those of the house of Wittelsbach during his rule, then reverted to normal.
Akrovolistai were recruited from the Maniots , faithful to the new regime, since the revolutionary army was disbanded and was under pesecution.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Kingdom of Greece 1833-1852.png
    Tanelorn Kingdom of Greece 1833-1852.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 759
Tanelorn, I'm not really sure I understand the whole Otto thing. Perhaps you can offer some explanation. Why did the Greek Patriots, after fighting for years against Ottoman tyranny, allow the coronation of a Bavarian noble who basically received the same absolutist, autocratic powers of the recently ousted Turkish Pashas, and at times seemed to demonstrate such power overtly?

Well, they didn't. Long story short, the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Alliance wouldn't allow a republic to exist, they imposed a monarchy. Even when https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapodistrias was still in power, the Greeks proposed future https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_I_of_Belgium , and he worked with Kapdistrias to secure expanded borders in the west. Seen as pro-British, he was rejected by the other Great powers. So, after the Maniot "robber barons" had Kapodistrias assasinated (the killer sought refuge at the French embasy) and the ensuing months of chaos, the teenager https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_of_Greece , the great powers favourite, who claimed Byzantine ancestry, was initially welcome. Though he might have been well meaning himself, I believe, the regency regime that ruled in his name embarked on brutal supression of republican forces (the war veterans) from the start and enforced absolute monarchy. Of course all this is an inherently flawed oversimplification.

Anyway, here's the army from the later constitutional phase of Otto's reign. French influence is very pronounced.
Edit- These uniforms are good up to 1868 actually, post-dethronement.

The four original Evzone battalions. Barracks and source date included. The 3rd battalion colours must be right, but I rely on a textual source.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Kingdom of Greece 1851-1862.png
    Tanelorn Kingdom of Greece 1851-1862.png
    12 KB · Views: 798
  • Tanelorn Evzone Battalions 1868.png
    Tanelorn Evzone Battalions 1868.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 819
Ottoman troops, 1876 to 1908, during the reign of "the red sultan", "the bloody", "the damned" paranoid Abdul Hamid II. He was deposed by the young turks movement.

19th century Bulgarians next.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Ottomans 1876 1908.png
    Tanelorn Ottomans 1876 1908.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 872
19th c. Bulgarian troops before the 1912 balkan wars and the adoption of the tobbaco brown uniform. They became a kingdom in 1908.

Serbia & Montenegro next.

Attachments

• Tanelorn 1879 1908 Bulgarians.png
    Tanelorn 1879 1908 Bulgarians.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 764
Question Tanelorn. In the First Balkan War, was the IMRO it's own independent military force, or was it basically a politicized branch of Bulgarian forces, in effect?

Thanks Gapetit.
@Patine, I assume that as the komitadjis were dominated by Bulgarian exachists, they served the Bulgarian agenda. Other ulterior motives can be attributed to them in retrospect, but this is rewriting history. To their opponents, they were Bulgarians.

Top Bottom