BlueMarble for Mac available for testing

What's C4C Blue Marble? Do you have a link?

Ah, found it - Colonization version. In that case, I have no idea. Normally, all that's required is that he produces a zip file instead of a Windows installer. In this case, though, the download file is already a zip. I don't have Colonization for Mac, only for PC, so I can't test it. I'm downloading it, and I'll have a look to see if there's anything that might cause problems.

The zip file conceals a Windows installer. Having installed that, it produces a CustomAssets folder in the \My Documents\My Games\ path containing Art and cursor files. It also puts a 'Themes' file at C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Resource\Themes\Civ4\Civ4Theme_Common.thm.

As a test for Mac users, I have zipped these raw files and uploaded the resulting 20 MByte .zip file here.
[UPDATE] Link removed now that ColdFever has created a Mac version. See below

Download and unzip this file to create a folder called C4ColBlueMarble that contains the folder and file I detailed above.

Move the CustomAssets folder into ~/Documents/Civ4 Colonization/, replacing the existing empty one.

If /Applications/Civ4 Colonization/Resource/Themes/Civ4/ exists, move the Civ4Theme_Common.thm file into it. If it doesn't, perhaps you can't have Themes on the Mac version.

Let me know if this works. If so, I'll suggest to Kai/ColdFever that he should provide this as a standard Mac version.

[UPDATE] ColdFever has now produced this zip file. Please check it out. I have removed my version that was linked above.

Thanks ColdFever :thanx:

I am running the BUG Mod 4.4. Is this a problem or can I just download and install in Custom Assets folder?

EDIT: It works but I see some graphics issues - pink squares?? For example, where the BUG icon use to be, now there is a pick square?

I know I'm late in this thread, but I cannot get Blue Marble to work with my Beyond the Sword v. 3.1.3.1 for Mac. I did everything you (AlanH) said at the start of this thread, but it just won't work. I tried manually moving the CustomAssets into the Beyond the Sword folder in my Applications, and when that didn't work I tried your Mod Installer. Still, the terrain, leaders, and features look the exact same. I am running Mac OS 10.6.8. Any ideas?

A few suggestions:

1. The latest version of BtS is 3.1.9, so I recommend upgrading.

2. As I have said elsewhere, you should ignore the ModInstaller fro Civ4. It was developed for Civ3, and I haven't adapted it to handle the many different methods for mod installation in Civ4.

3. Leaders are not changed by BlueMarble. Only the terrain is changed.

4. The CustomAssets folder is not in /Applications/ ( or shouldn't be). It is at /Users/<your_home_folder>/Documents/Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/CustomAssets/ That is where you should put the BlueMarble CustomAssets folder, to replace the existing one.

I am looking for a Blue Marble 4.50 Version for Mac for a friend of mine. AlanH or anyone, can you help? The Links to Civilized.de do not work anymore and all he could find on the net were PC Versions. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks on behalf of my friend

Hi. It looks as if the URL for the German web site has changed. I have modified the links in the first post, and they seem to work now.

Top Bottom