Action Chatroom Development Thread: Now with only 10% added sugar!

I demand the opening post be updated to reflect the recent changes of the AC world! N.. n.. n.. not that I posted a game, or anything! :blush:

DT
Hit and Run! :run:

Unless it picks up 2 sign ups in the next 48 hours BoP is dead.

On the plus side, I have a brand new AC concept that I'll probably run next.

No, I highly doubt Agents or Atlantic Rim will be next(though it's possible) since the community's reaction to BoP has soured me on them. They're still on my list but I'll run them when I feel like it.

Which may after all be my next AC but at the moment Rise of the Scarlet Star is winning.

Let's make it official: With two signups in two weeks, I think it's safe to call mine dead.

Spoiler :
But with strange aeons, even death may die...

Can anyone give me an explanation of how an AC works? :confused:

A lot of ACs could be described as very simple homebrewed Dungeons & Dragons-esque games with heavy focus on the RP side of things. Or just RP games with stats. Sometimes even RP games without stats :p

When ever these are conducted, I am sleeping :/

When ever these are conducted, I am sleeping :/
Yes, time is a key factor. When it comes to RPGs, I've been thinking about doing a play-by-post, it would involve less stats and more roleplay.
Spoiler :
I do not know about the rule of posting links, so I'll assume that de facto is allowed.

In one community, for example, they have an RPG about ASOIAF. They have others too, but only that one has own forum. And also exist another community called Roleplayer Guild.

I am familiar with play by post, and I'd argue it works best when there's a large community because then something is always happening. Otherwise the thread just dies.

The closest forum games is probably able to support is Roll to Dodge, but even those die before ten pages on the norm.

I am familiar with play by post, and I'd argue it works best when there's a large community because then something is always happening. Otherwise the thread just dies.

The closest forum games is probably able to support is Roll to Dodge, but even those die before ten pages on the norm.
A larger community would be ideal. Still, I'm interested in trying. :mischief:

I once attempted a similar concept, albeit with some major divergences, over on NES - if you can find the original game called Core in the archives over there somewhere, that would be it. Attempts at a reboot were less successful, unfortunately.

I'm developing a sort of roleplay on another forum, I created this story:

We are in the year 2177. Thanks to technology obtained in Cronos Pinnacle, the human race is more widespread than ever, several planets have been colonized along our galaxy. We established ourselves in each world we step and our numbers grew. Our insatiable thirst for conquest always led us forward and our species spread throughout the cosmos. We triumph over the challenges previously thought insurmountable, and we had finally conquered the final frontier.

But it was not always so, humans have paid a high price. 50 years ago a hiveship of Xenos was destroyed in the Solar System putting an end to the biggest confrontation of humanity. Hundreds of human colonies were destroyed and thousands of humans have been captured or killed by this race of creatures of the Void. You were born in Horizon, a large metropolis that had no contact with this alien race. Located in Kalurr, a planet located in the Aeon Cluster, this metropolis is home to powerful megacorporations, corrupt politicians and mercenaries.

You are a runner - a mercenary who lives in the margins of society and in the shadows of the megacorporations. You survive day after day selling your skills and when the powerful or the desperate need the job done, you do it... by any means necessary.

Taking off the cliches and a lot of unnecessary information, players will be mercenaries in that city. A sort of Shadowrun. :lol:

The idea that I'm developing. I'm still doing draft of traits and perks and I'm not responsible for any name. :mischief:

In short: you are a monster hunter.

Spoiler :
1881. People tend to not believe what hides in the dark. They believe that they are saved, that the sounds of the forest are just animals. Each morning renews hopes, every night, silence. They are not saved because they believe but because there are people like you. You are a hunter. With or without reward you made a promise, to face the creatures that humanity refuses to believe. Around you a weapon, luck and silence. You are the last hope, the clever lamb who hunts the wolf.

Name: This is what people call your character.
Appearance: This is what your character appears like to other characters.

Level: You start at level 1. Each level gives you 10 HP.
HP: Your hit points. These represent your ability to take physical damage. If you lose all your HP you will fall unconscious, and further hits will kill you. You start with 25.
AC: Your armor class. In order to be hit an enemy must exceed this score. AC= AGI + 10

Stats: Your skills, both natural and trained. Each has a purpose. You start with 3 points and have 10 points to customize. You're a human above normal, so the minimum value is 2 points and the maximum is 10 pre-perk.
STR: Strength. A measure of your character's physical strength and muscle power. This statistic is used in the secondary statistics Carry Weight and Melee Damage. All weapons have a minimum Strength requirement as well. Rolls against Strength are used when characters try to break doors down and do other feats that require sheer muscle power.
PER: Perception. Your character's awareness. Perceptive characters notice details instantly, like smells, sounds, and sights that don't fit a "normal" picture. The primary use of this statistic is to determine how much you is accurate with a ranged weapon.
END: Endurance measures the body’s constitution and overall health. Characters with a high Endurance have great immune systems, good cardiovascular fitness, and can outrun and outswim others. The Hit Point and Poison Resistance are based on Endurance. Rolls against Endurance determine things like whether your character can hang on to that rope over a canyon, or can resist the deadly venon a Drakon just sprayed in his or her face. Every point gives you 5 HP.]
CHAR: A combination of appearance and charm. A high Charisma is important for characters that want to influence people with words.
INT: Intelligence is a character's higher reasoning power. Characters with high intelligence have better memories and are better at solving problems than people with low intelligence. Also affects the use of magic.
AGI: Agility measures the speed of a character's reactions. Characters with high Agility are jugglers and acrobats. Characters with low Agility dance with two left feet. This statistic is the basis for the Armor Class.
LUC: Characters with a high amount of Luck just tend to have things go their way, and characters with a low amount of Luck always seem to be standing under the scaffolding just when someone drops that brick. Luck directly affects the Critical Chance secondary statistic as well as influences Social skills. Rolls against Luck are made at the GM's discretion.

Traits: Traits modify different aspects of gameplay, such as primary statistics, derived statistics and skills. Traits have positive and negative results. You can only select 2 traits.
Bruiser: A little slower, but a little bigger. You may not hit as often, but they will feel it when you do! You lost Agility points, but your Strength is increased. (+2 point bonus to Strength, but lose 2 on Agility)
Gifted: You have more innate abilities than most, so you have not spent as much time honing your skills. Your statistics are better than the average person, but your skills are lacking. You get 3 more Character Points to distribute among your Primary Statistics, but all rolls get a -2 penalty.
Heavy Handed: You swing harder, not better. Your attacks are very brutal, but lack finesse. You rarely cause a good critical hit, but you always do more melee damage. You get a +4 point bonus to Melee Damage, but your critical hits do half of their normal damage (50%).
Night Person: As a night-time person, you are more awake when the sun goes down. Your Intelligence and Perception are improved at night, but dulled during the day. (-2 to all skill check in the day, +2 to all skill check in the night)
One Hander: One of your hands is very dominant. You excel with single-handed weapons, but two-handed weapons cause a problem. You have a -4 penalty to hit with two-handed weapons, but get a +2 bonus to hit with weapons that only require one hand. This don't stack with Heavy Handed.
One In a Million: You're not particularly lucky or unfortunate, but when lightning strikes, it strikes hard! Whenever you critically hit or fail, a second check is made to see if it actually happens. If you succeed in the first roll you receive a 1/4 bonus based on your damage. If not, you lose 1/4.
Small Frame: You are not quite as big as everyone else, but that never slowed you down. You get a +1 point bonus to Agility, but you lose 5 hit points.
Red Scare: You are paranoid in the extreme and think that everyone around you may be trying to do you in. You gain +2 Perception but your shaky nerves in combat give you a -2 penalty to hit.
Sharpshooter: You learned to use ranged weapons. While using Guns, Crossbow, Bow or Daggers you have a perfect aim (+2 bonus to hit and -4 penalty to hit with meele weapons.).

Perks: Perks are bonuses obtainable by the player character. In contrast to traits, perks are almost purely beneficial with only some exceptions. You get one every four levels starting from level 4.
Intense Training: with this perk, a single point can be put into any stat. Avaliable at level 4 and 16.
Toughness: you gain 20 HP.
Friend of the Night: your eyes adapt quickly to low-light conditions.
What do we say to the death? Your unconscious threshold is raised to -10 HP.
Mighty Tarzan: +2 in tests involving Strength.
Lore master: +2 in tests involving Intelligence.
Be water, my friend: +2 in tests involving Agility.
Cole Phelps: able to spot hidden clues and traps. +2 in tests involving Perception.
The Physician: your healing are more effective.
Shadow Walk: able to better hide from enemies.
Go for the eye: when you do a critical you have 10% chance of performing a attack that trades damage for disabling.
Additional resistance: you can choose only one from this list. You will receive +2 resistance testing for the specific element but will be penalized at -2 for others.
Pursued by poison: resistance to poison.
Ice King: additional resistance to ice.
Ashes to ashes: fire resistance.
Heavy weather: lightning resistance.​

Equipment: What do you use as a weapon and armor /clothing?

Biography: The story of your Characters life, and how they ended up becoming hunters.

Looks interesting.

In response to Defacto's AC:

The traits, I'm not so sure about. Why not just make them smaller bonuses instead of tradeoffs? If people want to trade STR for AGL, for example, they can do that when they assign points. I'd merge perks and traits.

Also I'm assuming "Start with 3 points" means "3 points in EACH" since because of that "Minimum 2 in each stat" thing having only 13 total points would really suck.

I like that resistances idea. I may steal that for my next stat-based game.

I see you're using the classic D&D Armor Class system. I look forward to seeing how that works - I'd been considering it but preferred a more random approach.

About my own work:

I'm currently tossing two or three ideas around. I'm going to put them(and all the necessary rules) in this thread, but I am firmly stating that the final choice of what to run is mine and mine alone. This is not a democracy. I'm inviting comments, preferences and constructive criticism, but this is not a vote. (Totally not still bitter about BoP.)

All three ideas are extremely low on stats because I don't feel like excel calculus. They use the same base system: Each skill has four levels, each giving a +2 bonus. At level four, in addition to the bonus, you get a special ability.

Idea 1: Kid Spies(Name WiP)

Very much like the classic Under the Masks, just in a thriller setting instead of superhero. You play as 15-16 year olds in an American high school, who are also members of a secret society dedicated to preserving order and advancing the development of human society. You fight one-off villains and maybe some longrunning enemies, depending on which of my ideas actually stick to the wall.

Skill list:
Spoiler :
Hand to Hand: Combat, either unarmed or with melee weapons. ABILITY: Beatdown - instantly eliminate one mook, usable twice per encounter. Bosses are usually immune.
Pistols: Short range combat. Penalty for using them in melee, escalating penalty for using at any distance longer than 30m. ABILITY: Gun Kata - no penalty for using pistols in melee combat.
Rifles: Assault rifles, shotguns, etc. Medium range combat. Penalty for using in ranges lower than 25m or longer than 80m. ABILITY: Laser Sights - Penalty for engaging beyond 80m halved.
Sniper Rifles: Exactly what it says. VERY long range combat. Penalties for engaging closer than 75m or longer than 300m. Cannot fire twice in one turn. ABILITY: Snapshot - removes firing restriction and halves penalty for engaging closer than 75m.
Demolitions: Explosives, mines, grenades, etc. Penalty for placing mines and explosives in combat, provokes an attack of opportunity if in melee. ABILITY: Combat Demolitions - Removes attack of opportunity and halves penalties for placing explosives in battle.
Heavy Weapons: Rocket launchers, flamethrowers, all that good boom-y stuff. ABILITY: Call Your Shots - Any allies in the blast radius of your explosives get a free move out of the area(but if in melee, are still vulnerable to an attack of opportunity).
Hacking: Lockpicking and computer skills. ABILITY: Bypass - Once per mission, instant success on any computer-based hacking roll.
Medical: Healing. Helpful. ABILITY: Revive - once per mission, revive a dead ally.
Stealth: Sneaking around and avoiding the bad guys. ABILITY: Smoke Out - can instantly stealth even in combat, cannot be detected for 1 turn, usable twice per encounter.
Jury Rigging: Creating items on the fly to help you overcome obstacles. ABILITY: Crazy Prepared - you just so happen to have the exact item you need for your problem(within reason and without being game-breaking), usable twice per mission.
Toughness: Physical toughness. Used for all strength or endurance-based checks. ABILITY: Iron Body - immune to all physical effects(poisons, gases, etc.)
Hardiness: Emotional toughness. Used for all emotion-based checks. ABILITY: Iron Will - immunity to all emotional effects(seduction, rage, BSoDs, etc.)
Intelligence: Mental toughness. Used for any mind-based check. ABILITY: Iron Mind - immunity to all mental effects(illusions, mind control, etc.)
Forensics: Used both for perception and to piece together actions in the past. ABILITY: Read - can view target's statblock.
Dodge: The ability to avoid enemy attacks. ABILITY: Full Defense - sacrifice one action, but all defensive rolls are doubled.

The Outriders(A new take on the TLPACs):

Kind of like the premise for Birds of Prey being that the players were Rangers who would have no contact with the actual protagonists of the series(since the game took place before it), the premise for The Outriders is that the players are members of the titular organization shortly after it was founded 1,300 years prior to the books. The Gyrean Empire, for seven hundred years the single greatest realm on the world of Haven, has collapsed after a race known only as the Vampyres cast a plague upon its people and shattered the royal family. As the sons and daughters of the once-great Gyrean noble houses, it's up to your group to avenge the lost nation and end the Vampyres once and for all so that future generations need not fear them.

Since it takes place 1300 years in Haven's past, meeting the protagonists and feeling outshined by them, which has never actually happened in a TLPAC but I digress, is simply not possible. It operates on the same skill system as Kid Spies(and more or less the same skills) but due to being high fantasy quite a bit of things were reworked. Here's the list.

Spoiler :
Hand to Hand: Combat, either unarmed or with melee weapons. ABILITY: Beatdown - instantly eliminate one mook, usable twice per encounter. Bosses are usually immune.
Thrown Weapons: Knives, hatchets and other weapons for short-range combat. Penalty for engaging with throwing weapons in melee, or for all throws longer than 25m. ABILITY: Close and Personal – no penalty for using throwing weapons in melee.
Archery: Bows of various types for medium to long range combat. Penalty for engaging closer than 20m or longer than 60m. ABILITY: Deadshot – halves the range penalty for engaging beyond 60m.
Arcane Gadgets: Potions, enchanted items, and arcane crystals, imbued with spells for unusual purposes. ABILITY: Got A Present For You – no penalty for laying mines, explosives or other such actions during combat(but they still provoke attacks of opportunity if in melee).
Medical: Healing. Helpful. ABILITY: Revive - once per mission, revive a dead ally.
Stealth: Sneaking around and avoiding the bad guys, also lockpicking and such. ABILITY: Smoke Out - can instantly stealth even in combat, cannot be detected for 1 turn, usable twice per encounter.
Jury Rigging: Creating items on the fly to help you overcome obstacles. ABILITY: Crazy Prepared - you just so happen to have the exact item you need for your problem(within reason and without being game-breaking), usable twice per mission.
Toughness: Physical toughness. Used for all strength or endurance-based checks. ABILITY: Iron Body - immune to all physical effects(poisons, gases, etc.)
Hardiness: Emotional toughness. Used for all emotion-based checks. ABILITY: Iron Will - immunity to all emotional effects(seduction, rage, BSoDs, etc.)
Intelligence: Mental toughness. Used for any mind-based check. ABILITY: Iron Mind - immunity to all mental effects(illusions, mind control, etc.)
Forensics: Used both for perception and to piece together actions in the past. ABILITY: Read - can view target's statblock.
Dodge: The ability to avoid enemy attacks. ABILITY: Full Defense - sacrifice one action, but all defensive rolls are doubled.
Survival: Tracking, hunting, and any other wilderness-based check. ABILITY: One With Nature – can always stealth if not in a town or building, even in combat.
Knowledge: What you know of the world. ABILITY: Omniglot – speak all languages fluently, except for some secret tongues.
Sorcery: Elemental and energy-based magic, good for blowing things to pieces. ABILITY: Friendly Fire – all allies in the blast radius of your attacks get a free move to safety(but still provoke an attack of opportunity if in melee).
Wizardry: Illusions, transformations, and divination magic – not that good for direct fighting, but very useful otherwise. ABILITY: Nightmare – trap an enemy(even a boss) in a delusional world of their own worst fears, usable three times per mission.

My other ideas are, in list form:

-Vampire/cryptid hunters during either WW2 or the Cold War
-A spaceship-based game with little to no off-ship elements
-A historical(WW2 or Age of Sail) naval game with little to no off-ship elements
-A brand new Superhero IP(However, with Knightfall running and since I just ended Scarlet Hand, I'm not too keen about this. If it's popular, I'll consider it, but I'm 90% chance going to change genres for a while.)

Let me know what you think of the skill list and of the concepts themselves. I'll make my final choice sometime soon - maybe as soon as this afternoon. Unless there's a lot of support for one of the other ideas, it'll either be Outriders or Kid Spies.

-L

My other ideas are, in list form:

-Vampire/cryptid hunters during either WW2 or the Cold War
-A spaceship-based game with little to no off-ship elements
-A historical(WW2 or Age of Sail) naval game with little to no off-ship elements
-A brand new Superhero IP(However, with Knightfall running and since I just ended Scarlet Hand, I'm not too keen about this. If it's popular, I'll consider it, but I'm 90% chance going to change genres for a while.)
-SSD3

Let me know what you think of the skill list and of the concepts themselves. I'll make my final choice sometime soon - maybe as soon as this afternoon. Unless there's a lot of support for one of the other ideas, it'll either be Outriders or Kid Spies.

-L

FTFY :mischief:

In all seriousness, I'd be up for the spy one for a change.

I'm most likely not going to be able to participate given time zones, but the spy thing sounds intriguing, if somewhat doomed on account on relying on ACers to do stealth stuff.

Dragon Age: The City

Hello friends and welcome to the newest AC developed by me, Dragon Age: The City. As you can probably guess, Dragon Age: The City is based on Dragon Age (Dragon Age 2 to be precise, the best one). It will focus on the revolutionary and astoundingly deep and meaningful plot of the second game. The titular City is Kirkwall, torn between two factions as the Templars and Mages do battle. You can choose to fight alongside one of those two factions, serving under either Anders or Fenris (the two best characters in the game ofc).

The game has a pretty standard mission structure. For characters you have your standard warrior rouge and mage, and you can pick any side with any class.

STATS
STRENGTH
DEXTERITY
MAGIC
CUNNING
WILLPOWER
CONSTITUTION

They’re all pretty self explanatory.

CHARGEN
Step 1: pick a class
Warriors get +10 to STR and CON, Rouges get +10 to DEX and CUN, ang mages get +10 to MAG and WPR.
Step 2: assign stats
You get 19 points to assign. Assigning a point to a class stat costs 2 points while putting a to point into a cross-class stat costs 3.
Step 3: derived stats
Dodge: (DEX*1.5)
Health: (STR/4+CON/3)*2
Energy: √(STR/3+CUN/2+DEX²)
Magic: MAG + 14sin(WLP*π)
Step 4: feats
You can select lim(n->infinity) [2n^(CUN)/3n^12(Energy*n/WLP)] feats at level 1.
Step 5: name
Pick a name and you are done!

Feats:
Ancient Mastery: Change hair color and length at will.
Battle Continuation: Automatically crit against dead bodies. Enemies get a -1 to hit against your own dead body
Evil Eye: Get a +24 on intimidate rolls done between the hours of 3am and 6 am on the third Tuesday of every month.
Independent Action: Get Action Movies(Indie) as a class skill.
Just Some Guy: Get a free bonus feat
One Thousand Times: Gain a free Katana weapon dealing 32d10 damage with a 17-20x6 crit.
Mad Enhancement: Once per day you can use the Improved Anger ability. When you trigger this, you roll 1d6 and take that much damage. In exchange, you pick a feat you do not have and can use it for that many rounds.
Magic Resistance: If affected by any spell, roll a 1d4. If your number squared is more than the square root of their roll, their spell fails.
Mysticism: When casting a spell, roll 1d20. Multiply the spells effects by that number. If your roll is a prime number, divide instead and roll again.
Presence Concealment: Get a +73 on Stealth rolls.
Riding: Get a +4 to being able to ride horses.

FantAC Announcement and Dev Diary #1: Classes, Conversion from DnD, and World-building

FantAC is a system I am creating for anyone who feels like running DnD without actually having DnD. When I'm finished I intend to stick all of the spreadsheets(yes, PLURAL) and other data up in this thread. I've got a plan to make the first game of this type, which will have the same title as the system unless I think of a better one.

So, for Dev Diary #1(typed as I sit in the Library waiting for my ride to my first martial arts class of the year) is going to focus on the element that I haven't used before in any AC: Classes. They're an integral part of actual D&D, but since my books were stolen years ago, I've had to remake the system from scratch. They don't work exactly the same, and I've cut a good deal of them.

The classes are as follows:

Fighters are powerful hand-to-hand combatants, with Talents and free Feats focused on melee combat and battle. They have the highest starting Hit Points(2-12+CON). Their Talents lead up to massive Armor Class buffs and a higher Critical range with melee weapons.

Rangers are another good class if you want to be a mortal warrior. Their combat abilities are centric around fighting with bows of any description, and they have substantial skill bonuses when in the wilderness. They have good starting HP and some excellent Talents for supporting allies, eventually leading up to being immune to Attacks of Opportunity and running no risk of friendly fire when shooting into melees.

Rogues are a support class, much like actual DnD. They have low starting HP, and no weapon proficiencies, AND no magic, so their combat style is to try and not die. However, they have Scoundrel's Luck and/or Sneak Attacks, both of which provide excellent boosts in specific areas. They're also the designated "Charisma" Class.

Paladins are much as you might know them in DND: warriors of the light, half-magic and half-mundane. They can use a few spells, as long as their alignment remains pure, and have the second-highest starting HP. Their Talents lean toward free anti-evil Spells and favored enemies.

Sorcerers start with three spells available, and can use three spells per day. As situations change on the battlefield, a Sorcerer can adapt and pick a spell from their arsenal on the fly. They have low starting HP. Their Talents lead toward gaining massive amounts of new spells and a few new ones per day.

Wizards are the counterpart to the Sorcerer: they have the same "three spells per day" limit, but they start with four Spells to choose from. They also have to prepare their spells when they wake up each day, and can't adapt on the fly. However, the higher levels of their Talents can see them with up to eight Spells per day and a massive arsenal of choices.

Talents themselves are an even split: either unique bonuses, or effectively functioning as free Feats. You start the game with one Talent and one Feat, and at Level Two you choose which one you want a new one of. At that point, you begin alternating Feats and Talents every other level. Each Class has 11 Talents, in addition to the Training Montage Talent, which functions the same as the Feat of the same name, giving you a +1 to a stat of your choice.

The Human Race gets a free Talent at character creation. The Half-elf Race gets a free Feat.

As I developed the Class list and the abilities thereof, I had to do away with a lot of DnD staples. The first Class to be confirmed as removed was the Barbarian, followed by the Druid and the Monk. I seriously considered keeping the Cleric and the Bard, as two more variations on supporting characters, but in the name of simplicity(this is already a very expansive and ambitious system and ruleset for the resources the AC community has) I removed both. I owned(and I believe I still do) an expansion book that added the Ninja, Scout and Spellthief as classes, but I never seriously considered adding them to this system.

On the reverse side, Fighters and Rangers were the first two classes I decided I could not reasonably leave out. Fighters became the "muscle" class and Rangers the "snipers", though both would have the ability to work in the other's chosen field. Next came Sorcerers and Wizards, and for a time the Cleric was alongside them. I liked the difference between the two spellcasting Classes, and that became a cornerstone of the magical system: the trade-off of more spells, and a wider selection, versus the adaptability of choosing your spells in reaction to battlefield circumstance. Clerics originally would have formed a third "Divine" kind of magic, just like the source game, but I never played Clerics in the past, don't have the books, and wasn't sure how to make it different. Clerics were out.

The fifth Class I pulled into FantAC was the Paladin, mainly because I felt it simply wouldn't be DnD, or any derivative, without them. Lay On Hands and Detect Alignment were the first two abilities I knew the Paladin would have to have, and I had most of their Talent list planned out before I decided on the sixth class to feature. Obviously, that wound up being the Rogue, filling in the "support and sneak" role that none of the other classes quite filled.

The Classes, Talents, Feats, Languages, Races and Spells are all done and waiting for deployment. At this time, I have to figure out costs for the weapon and armor lists(and starting gold), the XP counts to level up, the weights for weapons and armor(and a given character's carrying capacity) and the entire non-weapon/armor inventory list. In addition, I need to assemble the Favored Enemy table(primarily for Rangers and Paladins) and then the tables for Familiars, Animal Companions, and Paladin Mounts. Once all that is done...

Well, once that is done I can start working on the world map, local maps, and the actual plot.

What I know of the plot is limited at the moment, and what I'm willing to reveal is less than half of what I do know. I know that unless a better idea strikes me, the game will begin on a ship, traveling from the lands of men to islands off the western coast. I know that the conflict between High Elves, Dark Elves and the humans will be a major element in the game. I know the ultimate villain and more or less how they factor into the story from the start. I know there will also be conflicts with tribes of goblins, kobolds and/or lizardmen.

Unfortunately, I pretty much have to stop right there, as details are sketchy. I'm not sure how the Dark/High Elven conflict will be handled or shake out, I'm not sure whether the goblins/kobolds/lizards are in the islands you are sailing to at the start, or back on the mainland, or both. I'm not sure what the journey to the elves will entail at the moment. I have about six different ideas for the clash with the villain, and all the technical variations thereof. I don't have a GMPC in mind, or any major NPCs. Most of the world is unplanned. I know the dwarves and the humans(and the half-elves) will have a role, but I don't know what. However, I've always been creative, and gifted with making things up on the fly(as many of you have seen). Once I finish The Heirs Dufonse, which should be before my birthday, I'll be able to turn my eyes toward assembling the world of FantAC.

I'll have a world map assembled in an hour, and local maps of at least the major areas within a day. Lore will take longer, but not too much. The remaining inventory work will only take a day, perhaps less. Animal Companion/Familiar tables will be an hour if that.

Expect FantAC to launch sometime around Monday the Nineteenth of January. Two weeks should be enough time. At the longest, this game will fire sometime in early February. If I run into major difficulties, I could see myself starting a different game(with a relatively short runtime) while I put the last bits of FantAC together.

If you want to express a preference for that "filler" game, here is the place to do so. My only considered options are The Outriders and Kid Spies(which are already outlined earlier in this thread) and my Sidekick SuperAC, which is a SuperAC where you play as Sidekicks.

I will only launch one of these if I believe FantAC will not be ready by the first of February and am willing to spend 1-2 months with another game. If you don't care, that's fine too - I don't imagine I'll need to fill in the gap.

Expect the next Dev Diary to talk about Spells, Feats, Races and maybe more details on the Talent Lists for the various classes.

Top Bottom