Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

Another subject while MapFinder cranks away:

How would players feel about adding a One City Challenge (OCC) variant to the HOF? If players want that, how do the HOF staff feel?

bluejay said:
How would players feel about adding a One City Challenge (OCC) variant to the HOF? If players want that, how do the HOF staff feel?
Maybe for IV. A little late for III, I think. ;)

bluejay said:
I've just submitted a OCC win just to get on the Histographic board (assuming the game is accepted of course). I tend to lose interest in milking games but even I can focus on one city! :) I have got a proper milk run going at the moment so that I can try to learn these skills but civ time is limited at the moment so I prefer to not spend this precious time on one drawn out game that was won a long time ago.

I'd like to see variant boards for civ IV if the HOF staff can manage it but I guess that they'll have their hands full with current proposals when IV is finally published.

Own said:
If you have a really good game that you didn't plan for HoF, and didn't save at 4000BC, can you use seedbeast and start a new game with the same settings and seed and call that the 4000BC save?
What's the earliest save you do have from the game? How many saves do you have total?

Own said:
Just the current save. It's at about 1440 AD. The game isn't over yet, though.
Just a thought but you haven't got autosave on? (or CivAssist running in the background?)

Own said:
Just the current save. It's at about 1440 AD. The game isn't over yet, though.
I'm afraid without an original BC .sav there's nothing we can do.

Small FAQ update:

(revision)
Q. How often is the HOF updated?
A. Updates take place on the 5th and 20th of every month.

(asked regularly)
Q.I don't have my 4000bc.sav. Should I extract the worldseed and generate a new one in order to submit?
A. No. Submit with your earliest possible BC.sav and include two or three in-game files.

Excuse me, but I seem to have fallen of the Quartemasters' page completely. It used to show my ranking down the bottom, but since last update I'm no longer there.

Is this incentive to win more games to get on the "has completed the Second Quartile" chart? :D

In order to show up in the second quartile table, you'll need to complete two of the four events. You're already on the Histographic table, so just finish Pentathlon, Octathlon or Machiavelli and you'll show back up.

You're only two games away from Pentathlon. ;)

Marsden said:
Excuse me, but I seem to have fallen of the Quartemasters' page completely. It used to show my ranking down the bottom, but since last update I'm no longer there.

Is this incentive to win more games to get on the "has completed the Second Quartile" chart? :D
I suspect the change is at your end rather than ours ;). Have you logged in? The Quartermasters/Machiavelli/Pentathlon/Octathlon pages show a row at the bottom of the page for the logged in user if they don't appear in the normal tables. When not logged in this row isn't shown.

I'm sorry, but I am logged on correctly, Dianthus. My rank appears on the Machiavelli and Octathlon pages at the bottom. I'm on the Pentathlon page in the two games from becoming qualified block. I'm guessing since I've completed one quartile I have moved up from the "completed none" rank at the bottom to a completed one chart that normally does not appear. :confused:

Please, don't misunderstand my original post, I'm not complaining or demanding any action on your part. I really like the whole HOF idea and that I'm able to participate has broght a whole new dimension to a game I already love. I was just looking forward to see the adjusted number ranking of my histographic entry, I estimated it would be around 9 to 9.5 on the Quartermaster scale.

I'll get those two Pentathlon games in and then I should be there again, assuming several other people do not boot me out of the tables I've managed to slip into. Thank you.

Marsden said:
I'm sorry...

Please, don't misunderstand my original post, I'm not complaining or demanding any action on your part.
Don't be sorry Marsden, if you've found something that needs fixing then we want you to tell us! I'll take a look when I get back to my hotel room.

Marsden said:
I was just looking forward to see the adjusted number ranking of my histographic entry, I estimated it would be around 9 to 9.5 on the Quartermaster scale.
OK, it's fixed now, you need wait no longer :D.

Thank you, again, Dianthus. I hope it was not too much trouble.

I am looking forward to being on one of the charts, but it's nice to see where I am in the meantime.

A Few Quick Questions:

1. Is it ok to put my luxury meter at 100% to boost my end-game score?

2. Is it ok to lower the science bar when I've almost finished a technology?

3. Is it ok to micro-manage my workers so that they use the tiles I want them to use?

4. If I've done any of these 3 things can I still give it to the HoF?

Top Bottom