HOF Rules/FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
Previous thread

The Hall of Fame IV Rules/FAQ has been updated.

Notable changes:
  • HOF Mod 2.08.001 (Warlords patch) submissions are going straight to the permanent tables. We'll be closing the Beta tables very soon.
  • Gauntlets will now have "hard" deadlines for submissions: midnight at the International Date Line for the 9th and 24th.
  • The Warlords Beta World Wrap and Tribal Village options are now in the permanent rules.
  • Vassal States are now optional in the permanent rules.
  • Balanced resources are still forbidden.

Superslug,
I play one game Warlords Civ Version 208 with HOF mod,
in my submissions ¹3718. I see icon there - Civ W 2.00 ???

In General I see Version 2.00 too.
http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/game_info.php?show=general&entryID=3718"

When I load and check my start file, my game was 2.08 version.

Hindi, Denniz posted this in another thread:
Denniz said:
It is alright. It is just a setup problem. We can tell the difference internally. It will be fixed.

I have installed your Warlords 2.08 patch edition of the HoF mod. Whenever I try to start a game the error "CRCs are missing" appears. Advice?

I did click the "Lock Modified Assets" button in the "Custom Game" submenu and unfortunately there is now an error stating that "the assets are different from a standard install. Contact an HoF staff." I find this difficult to believe because I just reinstalled Warlords. Perhaps the error is referencing the Civ Vanilla files as I did not reinstall the Vanilla files? Regardless, I appreciate your help thus far :)) ) and hope you can shed some light on my current situation.

IbnKhaldun said:
I did click the "Lock Modified Assets" button in the "Custom Game" submenu and unfortunately there is now an error stating that "the assets are different from a standard install. Contact an HoF staff." I find this difficult to believe because I just reinstalled Warlords. Perhaps the error is referencing the Civ Vanilla files as I did not reinstall the Vanilla files? Regardless, I appreciate your help thus far :)) ) and hope you can shed some light on my current situation.
Warlords does share a lot of Civ4 vanilla files. You probably should uninstall/reinstall both if you don't know what's been changed in Vanilla. Make sure you delete any left over files in the install directory after you uninstall. Good luck.

What is Qscore?
What is Qscore used for?

Having multiple civs on one team isn't allowed, but is it allowable to change the team settings to try and be on the north of an oasis map, provided it's still one team per civ? (I assume yes, but just confirming)

sanabas said:
Having multiple civs on one team isn't allowed, but is it allowable to change the team settings to try and be on the north of an oasis map, provided it's still one team per civ? (I assume yes, but just confirming)
Given the presence of Mapfinder, I don't think tinkering with the team settings is necessary. ;)

too easy. I haven't played with mapfinder yet, and when I wanted to find out what the various maps actually were, the first hit searching this site was sirian's map script guide, which says for oasis, the human in team 1 is always in the south. I'm guessing that one is slightly out of date.

sanabas said:
too easy. I haven't played with mapfinder yet, and when I wanted to find out what the various maps actually were, the first hit searching this site was sirian's map script guide, which says for oasis, the human in team 1 is always in the south. I'm guessing that one is slightly out of date.
It still was so in G-Major-4 and G-Minor-9

Hello,
I'm new to the Hall of Fame, and I have some questions:
What determines the top position in the tables? Finish date or Score?
Is it correct that Finish date determines your position in the various victory condition lists, and that score determines your position in the "score"-list?

I've just submitted my first game, and I hope it's okay.

-Dutchfire

dutchfire said:
Is it correct that Finish date determines your position in the various victory condition lists, and that score determines your position in the "score"-list?
Welcome to the HOF! :band:

What I quoted is correct.

In My submissions my qscore displays score-qscore, not generic. This produces funny results

Lexad said:
In My submissions my qscore displays score-qscore, not generic. This produces funny results
What do you mean by funny?

Like 2nd best game in G-Major 4 is much better cuz it has more points that my 1st best game there which is 1 turn faster. I thought we fight for speed here, score is secondary, we have GOTM for score.
Btw, wassup with G-Minor 8? The results didn't go into HoF table and now tourny table is blank also. Had the patch changed things that much for quechua rush?

Lexad said:
Like 2nd best game in G-Major 4 is much better cuz it has more points that my 1st best game there which is 1 turn faster. I thought we fight for speed here, score is secondary, we have GOTM for score.
I agree that it is a little confusing. For each game, both a Qscore and a Score-Qscore are calculated. On the My Submissions page, only the Score-Qscores are listed. But the column heading says Qscore, not Score-Qscore :)

superslug said:
As far as an official end to the Gauntlets, we might be able to set it up so that the cutoff is midnight at the International Date Line, when the 9th and 24th are done everywhere.

I'm definitely going to set the policy at midnight International Date Line so that it is the 10th or 25th everywhere...

Which side of the dateline? Has the hard deadline slipped past in the last hour or two, or are there still 20+ hours to sneak in another attempt?

I also noticed that looking at the standings for the current gauntlets on the hof page lets you know how many have entered, and your current standing. I knew I wasn't winning based on the thread, but I am surprised to see myself as high as 4th for gminor 11.

As for funny q-scores, looking at the pages of accepted but unpublished games, it gives you q-score and score q-score. The q-score seems capped at a raw score of 100, so if it's the first score on a table/beaten the previous date, it will show raw q-score of 100. The score q-score isn't capped, so that the raw score q-score can be over 100, even though it can't be higher than 100 when the game is published. That seems like a small bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom