[BtS] Diversica

Have you actually included any new unit types in your mod ? I thought it was all graphical changes.

It is:) I was talking about my previous (unreleased) mod for Warlords. But I'll probably try it again with a new mod.

Version 0.55 released.

@Uhlan if you want to keep the 32 civ Earth in 0.55, copy over the xml files from Assets/XML/Interface (along with the DLL and the PrivateMaps directory), but not any of the other xml files.

Cool update, mamba!
Couple of things I noticed:
- the Chinese Knight uses wrong animation. (it looks as if thou it has 2 spears)
- the Switzerland Spearman and Swordsman look a bit odd, I guess it's also a .kfm problem

:goodjob:

Another question: what are the non-graphical changes you've made to the game, and how do I get rid of them? I only want the graphic changes like more diverse units and such, I don't want new units or new civilizations in the game. I found how to delete the Civs, now how do I delete the additional units?

And maybe you should have two different versions of this mod, one for graphical changes only, and another one that includes the gameplay and graphical changes?

Just some suggestions, overall this mod is fantastic and it makes Civ fun again. It no longer feels so bland... Thanks a lot!

Hey Avain, just when I was uploading my latest version I saw your 1.8 (got the initial one right away). I stopped and included your new Babylon units (ok, reskins) first ;)

The chinese knight looks ok for me, one spear (halberd even) only here, it also uses the animation provided with the unit, so it should be the right one. The swiss units really are wrong, will upload a fix soon.

EDIT: get the swiss unit fix here.

But what about my question??? What do I need to delete so I can use this as only a graphical mod instead of the gameplay changes too?

Another question: what are the non-graphical changes you've made to the game, and how do I get rid of them? I only want the graphic changes like more diverse units and such, I don't want new units or new civilizations in the game. I found how to delete the Civs, now how do I delete the additional units?

The readme.txt included with the mod tells you about those changes and how to get rid of them again. All changes which are not graphical are :

• Next War units and technologies
  • Ironclad Warship, Pre-Dreadnought and Dreadnought ships
  • Actual Quotes (doesn't change the game mechanics but strictly speaking it is not graphical imo)
  • Python screen changes (layout and info provided, no game mechanic changes)
  • XXL World world sizes
  • Carter's Earth map and Odyssey game speed

The readme tells you how to get rid of all of them except for the last three. For the Python changes, simply delete the Python directory, for the XXL World changes, just do not use the new sizes, same for the world map and game speed ;)

And maybe you should have two different versions of this mod, one for graphical changes only, and another one that includes the gameplay and graphical changes?

I was thinking about it, but as everything which is not just graphical is either optional (world sizes, game speed, earth map) or easily unplugged (everything else) I did not consider it necessary yet.

Just some suggestions, overall this mod is fantastic and it makes Civ fun again. It no longer feels so bland... Thanks a lot!

Thanks, glad you like it, as to your crash, it never did so for me. Does anyone else have this problem ? Also, is this happening regularily or did it just happen once ?

I don't think there is anything I can do about it though, crashes while playing the mod should be due to me (for the most part). Crashes when leaving it however may be due to just about anything but me (there is nothing special which should happen upon exiting the mod).

Hey Avain, just when I was uploading my latest version I saw your 1.8 (got the initial one right away). I stopped and included your new Babylon units (ok, reskins) first ;)

Hey, I'm happy you like them!

The chinese knight looks ok for me, one spear (halberd even) only here, it also uses the animation provided with the unit, so it should be the right one. The swiss units really are wrong, will upload a fix soon.

Yep, sorry, my mistake, actually it was the Mongolian Knight.

And, if you're still not fed up with my comments;) , I'd make a suggestion:
- Consider using the PakBuild.exe tool to pack graphics. It shortens loading times muchos!

Knight fixed now too, get the update here.

I'll give PakBuild a try, doesn't seem to be the most user friendly tool out there, I have one question about it right away though. Is there a special location the PAKs need to be in and what part of the path is included in the PAK ?

I assume / hope it does not matter at which level they are located and that they include the subdirectory path from there on, but maybe they need to be in the Assets folder.

I'll give PakBuild a try, doesn't seem to be the most user friendly tool out there, I have one question about it right away though. Is there a special location the PAKs need to be in and what part of the path is included in the PAK ?

I assume / hope it does not matter at which level they are located and that they include the subdirectory path from there on, but maybe they need to be in the Assets folder.

Luckily your darkest assumptions are correct:sarcasm:
It seems the PAK needs to be in the Assets folder. Also, you need to keep the dir structure. You should copy your units dir to a different location with intact dir structure down from Assets folder. So you'll get something like Assets/Art/Units and you need to add the Assets folder to PackBuild. One bad move and it's not working:D
It is pain in the -you know where-, but it does wonders with loading times!

Hmm...0.55b won't launch. Says there's XML errors:

Spoiler :
There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in
CvXMLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4PromotionInfos.xml

Tag: UNITCOMBAT_CLONES in Info class was incorrect

Tag: UNITCOMBAT_ASSAULT_MECH in Info class was incorrect

Tag: UNITCOMBAT_DREADNOUGHT in Info class was incorrect

Is this just me, or is anyone else getting this? Anything I can do?

Hey Mamba, thanks for the help. I figured out how to get rid of the changes that I didn't want and the "Exit to Main Menu" crash to desktop apparently was only a problem with one game of mine. It happened twice in the same game, but it hasn't happened with other games I've played so I think there was something specifically wrong with that particular game.

Hmm...0.55b won't launch. Says there's XML errors:

Spoiler :
There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in
CvXMLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair

Tag: UNITCOMBAT_CLONES in Info class was incorrect

Tag: UNITCOMBAT_ASSAULT_MECH in Info class was incorrect

Tag: UNITCOMBAT_DREADNOUGHT in Info class was incorrect

Is this just me, or is anyone else getting this? Anything I can do?

Well, it doesn't happen for me, did you delete the NextWar directory per chance ? If so, delete that file (CIV4PromotionInfos.xml) too.

I didn't delete the Next War directory. What I did delete was individual civs (the player created ones). That's all I did.

The tags it complains about are the ones from NextWar though, they have no relation to any civs (so deleting a civ does not cause this).

Actually I am not even sure it complains about the tags (e.g. they are undefined yet used or something like this), it sounds more like it complains about not having enough memory allocated to store them in (for an unknown reason).

Can you load the Next War mod without these complaints ?

I guess your best bet is to remove Next War (see the readme.txt for this), then this should no longer happen.

If the 0.51 Next War did work for you, remove the 0.55 one and extract the 0.51 version into Diversica again, there are no differences of interest (just some more cleanup, I removed unused pedia entries and texts).

Mamba!

I actually got the Carters Earth map in .55 without you having to make a file FOR me.

I am SO proud of myself.

Thanks a bunch for the Mod, and the help.

*Small steps Uhlan... small steps.*

:)

Congratulations ;)

Did you go by what I wrote in post #103 or did you figure it out yourself ? ;)

Luckily your darkest assumptions are correct:sarcasm:
It seems the PAK needs to be in the Assets folder. Also, you need to keep the dir structure. You should copy your units dir to a different location with intact dir structure down from Assets folder. So you'll get something like Assets/Art/Units and you need to add the Assets folder to PackBuild. One bad move and it's not working:D
It is pain in the -you know where-, but it does wonders with loading times!

It truly does wonders for loading time, from about 2 minutes it reduced it to about 30 secs :)

Had to do some shuffling around for my civ-specific art for easier PAK-building, but it was worth it I guess.

Top Bottom