Help the world considers me a villian

BretP

The Lightbringer
I am playing a Noble game on a standard map. I have one vassel thru capitulation and have eliminated another civ. My vassel loves me, I am at war with one other civ. 2 of the remaining civs are cautious towards me, and Saladin is annoyed because everyone but me voted to stop trading with him. Several of my original big cities have basically shut down. I have 10 plus unhappy citizens because the world considers me a villian. How do I fix this. There must be a way to make the see the glory that is my empire. Can anyone offer advice on this. I have never seen this before, and am playing the same style game that I always play. Hope you can help.

Thanks

if it says "the world consider you as a villain", it means you defied an AP or UN resolution.

If it says "we were told that you are a villain" or something like this, it means that someone performed espionnage against you.

i defied an AP resolution. What do I do now? How do I get my cities back to producing?

I would like to see a option (a civic or something) that gives you happy faces when you are a Villian! And the people demand war and espionage, perhaps a cold war option too, that would be nice. :goodjob:
I want to be a supervillian with tons of nukes :king:

A lot of people feel that the current system of defiance is lame. I for one believe that diplo hits are much more realistic and balanced for game play. You don't have to get rid of :mad: altogether, but limit it to 3 :mad: (which can be crippling to cities maxed out on happiness) and add big diplo penalties.

Another option: you should be able to spread propaganda to turn the :mad: into :) over a period of time. The more propaganda you spread, the more the people will agree with your villainous ways.

i defied an AP resolution. What do I do now? How do I get my cities back to producing?

Wait, every 20 turns the unhappiness will drop by 5 until it is gone.

Unhappiness is not only ******ed (come ON, how many citizens are really going to be unhappy because their government defies foreign interference? It's especially ridiculous if you have Nationalism as a civic) but the AI can't handle the concept, and will defy resolutions forever even if they get eleventy billion :mad:.

I don't like the idea of diplomatic penalties either, rather there should be a system where for each resolution you defy, there's more chance of having sanctions imposed against you, trade embargoes and whatnot.
Eventually you get declared a "rogue state" and everybody declares war on you, except for your vassals/allies who are considered part of your "axis of evil".

The unhappiness level when you defie a resoulotion should depend on your civic choices. If you're pretty much facisit your people will be happy you stood up to the world. Democratic not so happy.

Unhappiness is not only ******ed (come ON, how many citizens are really going to be unhappy because their government defies foreign interference? It's especially ridiculous if you have Nationalism as a civic) but the AI can't handle the concept, and will defy resolutions forever even if they get eleventy billion :mad:.

I don't like the idea of diplomatic penalties either, rather there should be a system where for each resolution you defy, there's more chance of having sanctions imposed against you, trade embargoes and whatnot.
Eventually you get declared a "rogue state" and everybody declares war on you, except for your vassals/allies who are considered part of your "axis of evil".

It's not so ridiculous if your state shares the same religion as the AP. Imagine a Catholic country like Spain with a government that goes hardline against the Vatican. Now transport that situation back a few centuries, like the situations in the game. I'd say its reasonable.

I do agree it doesn't make as much sense with the Nationalism Civic.

It's not so ridiculous if your state shares the same religion as the AP. Imagine a Catholic country like Spain with a government that goes hardline against the Vatican. Now transport that situation back a few centuries, like the situations in the game. I'd say its reasonable.

Then again this is exactly what Henry VIII did; defied the Vatican to the point that a different branch of Christianity was adopted in England.
Would be interesting if that could be implemented in game somehow - Christianity for example having Protestant and Catholic branches, defy the AP resolutions and convert to Protestantism, becoming the sworn enemy of all Catholic Christians.

Of course, Firaxis would never dare do that. It wouldn't be politically correct.

Right now, the only heresy in the game is a random event that gives you the option of cracking down on religious dissidents. It would be nice if all the religions could fracture based on world events (for example, if two big Christian countries go to war, a Catholic/Protestant divide may occur).

If you station your troops in core cities, then they cannot be conquering. I only station more than 1 unit garrison if it is a border city (or coastal and I'm suspecting a naval attack).

Top Bottom