New Civ4 Downloads - 01/25/08

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
We’ve hit a golden age for top quality units this time around. The sheer volume of aircraft, naval vessels, and foot units is amazing. The update needed to come early to keep up with all of the talented CFC modders. Graphically bernie14 did a wonderful Lech Walesa and Ekmek began crafting some high quality LHs himself. DWOLF was busy making custom civs for BtS and strategyonly continued making modular civs as well. Several BtS modpacks received updates so be sure to see if your favorite has been patched. JLNijholt has also been busy adding more scenarios or updating his impressive collection. And lastly there are five mapscripts which must be a record for a two week period. Please take the time to check out the fantastic work and follow the threads to offer appreciation, criticism, or just a :goodjob:

UNITS
GRAPHICS MODPACKS
CUSTOM CIVS – BtS
CUSTOM CIVS – BtS modular
MODPACKS – BtS
SCENARIOS - BtS
MAPSCRIPTS
MODCOMPS – BtS 3.13
XML MODCOMP - BtS

Thanks to all of the modders and please continue to announce your new and updated files.

Note: If you would like your new or updated Civ4 file(s) included in this weekly announcement, please visit this thread for details.

>> Civilization IV Downloads
>> Civ4 - Creation & Customization Forums

I believe this is the first time that a 'conspiracy' of us has formed to put out so many units so quickly. :p

And I had two or three I did not put up, hey guys, lets go for a record, see how many images Woodie can fit in their. :p 25 or so this time, lets go for 50 new units! :lol:

21 Units to your 9 now i'm no braniac but 9X2=18

Someone posted that last time.. He was comparing Civ 3 production (the 21) to Civ 4 (The 9) :lol:

We've had 100 or so units once when Bakuel, Zerver, and bernie14 were hammering out reskins, but 75 unique units would be impressive.

edit - Changed Early to Earth for Quantumf8's scenario.

I almost made it an entire update without an error...

I still wonder why Civ4 hasn't spawned any of the awesome terrain mods that were abundant and great for Civ3. I've only seen Blue Marble. I loved playing with the various ones in Civ3 -- Especially Warpstorm's Watercolor and the hand-drawn cartographic one.

I still wonder why Civ4 hasn't spawned any of the awesome terrain mods that were abundant and great for Civ3. I've only seen Blue Marble. I loved playing with the various ones in Civ3 -- Especially Warpstorm's Watercolor and the hand-drawn cartographic one.

Maybe because it is good enough already for most people;)

75 new units? awesome! civ4 is finally fleshing out its flavour variety without relying on the usual reskins

Whats more amazing is the release just above. Civ3 managed to add 17 more (much closer to the CIv4s when you subtract the few skins which were still contributed this month)

. I mean how many 100% original units can you come up with after youve surpassed 2000 ontop of the usual 100 or so already included in game?

Oh I see..... Godzilla!!!! No reskin, this is rescale!... and in more then one way! Now Shake that tail feather!.( bomp! bomp!):D

Top Bottom