Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

In FfH, the Governor's manor give you one hammer per population. That is, it counts unhappy people before applying happiness to them. In FF, you have changed it so that it is only unhappy people after happiness is applied that gives you a hammer. And the manor also gives you 1 unhappiness, and reduces maintenance only 20%.

So it works the same as FfH, but the display is incorrect. So I guess I am happy :)

This one has been thrown around quite a bit - and I'm still not sure it's actually working in a way that makes sense. I know that Kael and Xien have both made changes to it in past versions - one of which will have caused the display to be off I think.

The current version (the way it works, not what it displays) is effectively +1 Hammer for every member of the population, + extra hammers for any building that annoys them.

The other way (which I actually think would be the correct way) is that there are a certain number of citizens who are so unhappy that they refuse to work (the citizens over the happy cap). The Governor's Manor forces these malcontents to actually do some work - even if it's only a single hammer each.

====

That aside, if it were to work in the second way, it would need rebalancing on the points that you mentioned. -40% Maintenance (same as Courthouse), -25% War Weariness and removing the +1 Unhappy altogether should do the trick there.

This one has been thrown around quite a bit - and I'm still not sure it's actually working in a way that makes sense. I know that Kael and Xien have both made changes to it in past versions - one of which will have caused the display to be off I think.

The current version (the way it works, not what it displays) is effectively +1 Hammer for every member of the population, + extra hammers for any building that annoys them.

The other way (which I actually think would be the correct way) is that there are a certain number of citizens who are so unhappy that they refuse to work (the citizens over the happy cap). The Governor's Manor forces these malcontents to actually do some work - even if it's only a single hammer each.

====

That aside, if it were to work in the second way, it would need rebalancing on the points that you mentioned. -40% Maintenance (same as Courthouse), -25% War Weariness and removing the +1 Unhappy altogether should do the trick there.

Kael has said that the way it currently works is the intended function, mainly because unhappy people over your happy cap aren't worth 1 hammer. How often do you work desert hill tiles (1 hammer and nothing else)? 1 hammer from each unhappy citizen is effectively the same.

I like the current version, but I do wish it would display properly so I didn't have to guess at my actual production.

I like the current version, but I do wish it would display properly so I didn't have to guess at my actual production.

Same thing goes for the Necropolis' production bonus.

Both require only relatively simple changes to MainInterface.py fortunately. Main issue is just realizing they aren't displaying, then finding the line which ought to do so :) Could be DLLWidgetData.cpp instead though, since they are mouseover text slots.

ive got vista and patch a means i am able to start a game, but there is no interface. i can still play though hotkeys but thats no fun. especially with scions who i have no idea how they work lol

EDIT: to my amazement , when i alt tabed back into my scion game the interface was there! WOOT!

EDIT 2: im getting -1243074 gold a turn O_O on turn 47

EDIT 3: all my units have infinite Experience, able to get every single promotion on turn 1.

EDIT 4: cannot explore barrows (no option to explore) or dungeons (explore spell greyed out)

EDIT 5: oops i didnt realise there was a bug thread lol moving these to that :p sorry.

Still working on Vista - but not much luck so far.
Thanks to everyone who has offered help or feedback to solve this one - we'll keep trying.

Patch B
1. Fixed Archos melee line (no longer requires Barracks).
2. GameOption added for CombatLog.
3. Brigit Animations fixed.
4. City "Mini-Interface" fixed.
5. Fixed issue with Scions "Unhealthy Discontent".
6. Fixed a couple of issues relating to Korrina.
7. Governor's Manor display accurately reflects bonus production.

Still working on Vista - but not much luck so far.
Thanks to everyone who has offered help or feedback to solve this one - we'll keep trying.

Thanks for you hard work and nice mod.!:)

Hey, good news, the mod is finally out! :) One question though, is it compatible with Orbis? Probably not but i've just had to ask as the guilds in Orbis seem pretty neat. Thanks for a great mod. Any plans to integrate Scions of Patria and/or Legion of D'Tesh?

Hey, good news, the mod is finally out! :) One question though, is it compatible with Orbis? Probably not but i've just had to ask as the guilds in Orbis seem pretty neat. Thanks for a great mod. Any plans to integrate Scions of Patria and/or Legion of D'Tesh?

The Scions have been integrated in this version, and the Jotnar will hopefully be in the next one... Not sure about the Legion, it's still basically a beta.

Can't think of any way to word this without sounding rather "stuck up" about it, but there is not a chance that this mod is ever compatible with any other mod, they have to make themselves compatible with us. There is just FAR too much that we have changed, so if there is something we like enough to go through any effort with it, we just kinda absorb it (hello Scions... and their Creator...)

Can't think of any way to word this without sounding rather "stuck up" about it, but there is not a chance that this mod is ever compatible with any other mod, they have to make themselves compatible with us. There is just FAR too much that we have changed, so if there is something we like enough to go through any effort with it, we just kinda absorb it (hello Scions... and their Creator...)

Hehe, now I have an image in my mind of Fall Further as this giant, B-movie blob, carving a path of devastation through some unfortunate forum and absorbing everything in it's path, growing bigger and bigger as it progresses. :p

Hehe, now I have an image in my mind of Fall Further as this giant, B-movie blob, carving a path of devastation through some unfortunate forum and absorbing everything in it's path, growing bigger and bigger as it progresses. :p

Exactly. Watch out for the forum blob! I recognized the blob too late when it was approaching me ...

Why is the Seven Pines back to providing Enchantment Mana? I thought we agreed that Force Mana fits bests, and that Law and Life were much more appropriate than Enchantment.

There is just FAR too much that we have changed, so if there is something we like enough to go through any effort with it, we just kinda absorb it (hello Scions... and their Creator...)

:wavey:

The Risen Emperor, for his part, thanks you for all the work you guys did on his mod previous to his formal Awakening.

Im having problems in the interface. First game, there was no utility bar, no info, no turns past, no armaggedon counter, no map, no anything. I couldnt play at all because I couldnt even settle my first settler. Another game. Im playing the scions and I get an awakened. I cant add them to the city, but I can make another city. Then, I met the Elohim. She (leader) didnt say anything and there were no options for declaring war or making peace, basically making me stuck in that screen.

Anybody else having the same problems?

Top Bottom