Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

5. I selected the No Hell Terrain option, but while exploring, around turn 200 I ran into a bunch of it. Some even had Penguins on it. I think the culprit might be the Archos who also seem to have gotten lucky with a Lich although I didn't know one could create hell terrain. At any rate, no use in having that option for no hell terrain if it can be overridden.

The No Hell Terrain option, might be better named No Hell Terrain Spread. That is any hell terrain created in the world builder, or through spells, exploration, etcetera remains hell, it just doesn't spread.

(Infernal territory becomes hell as part of the spread.)

Ummm. Hostile villagers... with a scout. An adventurer scout even. I don't think this is supposed to be happening XD

Edit: also... are bears SUPPOSED to START strength 6? They were already bad enough at strength 5...

No, they aren't supposed to get an instant boost in strength. Will be fixed for next patch (unless next patch happens while I am at work)

When trying to get a look on all the units ingame, I realized that I can't open the worldbuilder anymore ?
Is this a bug or a feature ? (Or perhaps I disabled some gameoption w/o knowing?)

On another note: The gameoptions of the last game don't get saved aynmore.

3rd: The tooltip for Hunting shows: "Leads to TXT_KEY_TECH_TRACKING"
(Actually it reads the same in the F6-screen, too)

4th: Exploring a lair did not stop my Scout - thus I could explore and move away from the barbarian units it spawned.
Not sure if that's intended in FF or not, though. (just remember that units should get stopped in ffh2)

Worldbuilder is by shortcut key only (CTRL + W), the button broke, and cannot yet be fixed. Gameoptions SHOULD be saved still. Units are allowed to move after lair exploration (most styles)

Which is VERY BAD! And thats very bad because of 2 things:

1st - Why should I try to hunt animals then?
This makes Animals to be just a source of XP instead of being an interesting prey for a great game mechanic.

2nd - Carnivals are your first building against unhappyness. Removing it is no fine Idea.

Please create a new thread to discuss balance issues. This thread is for bugs (or suspected bugs).

Religious, Quick Religious and Lightning Religious Victory Conditions don't seem to be mutually exclusive.

They are for me, can anyone confirm non-exclusivity?

re: Bradeline's Wells

I started a few different games with the Elohim (different map sizes, but always with all unique features option on) and saw at least two BWs in each map, sometimes three; one giving entropy mana, and the others spirit.

Also, their dawn of man screen still mentions the tolerant trait, which seems to be changed from FFH.

Thanks, knowing that one had Spirit mana solved that one for me. Side-effect of a fairly last minute change in how the Elohim cleanse Bradeline's well.

With the ability to do all worker actions from the start of the game, the time required to put improvements over forests/jungles is not correct prior to obtaining the speed improvement techs.

When a civ has education, the time required to put a cottage over a forest (removing the forest) is about 7 turns. The time required to chop the forest is somewhere around 40 turns.

I received a gargoyle and also spawned a barbarian gargoyle in a dungeon.

Fighting the Archos along side the Chislev(sp?). I freed the Chislev former capitol from the Archos within five turns of it being captured, and was not able to gift it back to them. Also Chisev was spamming scouts as defensive units instead of warriors.

Upgrading from the tier 2 Austren recon to the tier 3 loses ability to ignore terrain costs; may be intended, but almost feels like downgrading the unit.

As mentioned, religious victories are not mutually exclusive for me either, but other types are.

Defensive bonuses from the tactics promotions are not listed with all the other bonuses when you mouse over a unit.

Defensive strike chances and damage from promotions are not viewable when you mouse over a unit.

Built a cottage on a deep jungle as mazatl. The deep jungle was cleared.
It was on a $%&$%& marsh btw. If that helps.

Edit: This has not repated itself. However it may have been I started that cottage before education. Not sure.

Is unrestricted leaders supposed to not work in FF I wanted to see what happens if I used one of the Scion leaders with an other Civ (due to there Fallow trait wanted to see if it would effect any other civ) and soon found out that the feature did not work and would only allow me to use the correct leaders with the correct Civilizations

I am playing Scions and on turn 75 I get the Memory Allocation Error, no matter how far back I go in my saves it always crashes on turn 75.

I am playing Scions and on turn 75 I get the Memory Allocation Error, no matter how far back I go in my saves it always crashes on turn 75.

How large is the map and how much memory is in the machine? Turn 75 is very low for the normal MAF (BtS issue) - but this will help us to work out if that is the cause...

playing as the evil lizards, its turn 90
my second new city and the new third ring of my first city don't change from jungle to the wet lands, and also on turn 10 or so i got a dark knight from a dungeon, i could have conquered the whole world right then and there :D

playing as the evil lizards, its turn 90
my second new city and the new third ring of my first city don't change from jungle to the wet lands, and also on turn 10 or so i got a dark knight from a dungeon, i could have conquered the whole world right then and there :D

Any land within your borders should turn eventually - but it's not instant. The quickest is riverside grassland - areas with no rivers are quite a bit slower to change. The whole process is controlled by the python and doesn't take the city-ring into account, so if it works for some, it should eventually work for the rest...

The "getting a barbarian unit" is one that Xien was looking at earlier I believe - that Death Knight should have been hostile - be afraid :D

still playing as evil lizards

the little messages that comes up (pop increase, about to turn unhappy ect ect) at the top-center of the screen, stay there and dont leave if you reload your game, even when new messages come they just stay there underneath the new ones and still there after they leave.

AFTER i have shut down civ4 and start it up again then load my save game it loads all the way then CTD's

For some reason, I was able to attack some Orc savage units (warriors) as a barbarian alligned civ, but not another (lizardman).

Also, Basium declared war on me, the only unit he had was a worker.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but if you start the game as infernal, you auto found AV

Barbarians spawned from lairs will still attack those allied with that barbarian faction.

Game options are messed up, eg no demonic horde actually means unrestricted leaders, other options are also shifted

How large is the map and how much memory is in the machine? Turn 75 is very low for the normal MAF (BtS issue) - but this will help us to work out if that is the cause...

Vehem,

I had to abandon my first .50 game because of the constant MAFs. As mentioned, they started around Turn 275 (huge map, default number of civs, epic speed). They would come, I would exit, and reload and play for 12-15 more turns before getting another.

As I said, these were rather common in the very late game of FFH when the map was full, but this early and with only about 1/2 the map settled made the constant crashes and restarts a bit much.

Aside from that, great work guys with all the new features!:goodjob:

I have a new quad core with 4 gigs of ram. The map was huge with 11 civs. Its not a memory issue I don't believe.

I think there is a basic problem with lair/dungeon, etc. exploration. Sometimes after exploring you have additional movement points, sometimes you don't. I think this was changed in FFH - for consistency no matter what the result, no more movement points after the exploration.

The following two cases are examples of what can and did happen:

I end my turn on a Barrow. In comes an Archosian Scout, pops a bad dude Ogre and some henchmen from the Barrow under me and moves on. The Ogre gets his move before me and kills my guy before I have a chance to move. Actually, in this case I think he had his choice of my unit or the Archosian unit and chose mine.

Later in the same game my fairly powerful Hunter was killed by a Mistform of all things. I can only guess that the same thing happened. It was popped from a lair, etc. and the unit doing the popping ran away.

As you know, 99.9% of the time in FFH if you pop a boss unit your unit is dead. Not so in FF.

If this is meant, then just make it consistent - you either get movement pts after ALL explorations, or no movement pts. after any.

I have a new quad core with 4 gigs of ram. The map was huge with 11 civs. Its not a memory issue I don't believe.

4gb of RAM for me too. I have Dual Core. Same game specs.

Also, as mentioned the time between turns is much longer for FF vs. FFH.

Top Bottom