Info Addict

Looks awesome. :goodjob:

The 231 connections is oddly interesting looking... :p

Check out this one: 22 players with the max connections turned on (3 connections between each icon).

Attachments

• 22players-693connections.jpg
    22players-693connections.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 307
The improved demographics mod adds to the demographics tab, InfoAddict adds a new item to the dropdown menu.

The two will work fine together.

I actually use Improved Demographics when I'm playing. The world factbook demographics, while more detailed, aren't nearly as succinct and convenient as the table that Improved Demographics adds to the demographics screen. Plus, the top 5 cities cities thing is fun. I've thought about putting in city rankings based on certain criteria in the factbook but that takes a far backseat to getting the global politics graph working as well as a few other things.

One little thing, can you put the leader name in the tooltip too?
Like, [leader] of [civ] ?
It looks incredible, this stuff makes Civ5 a lot better!

One little thing, can you put the leader name in the tooltip too?
Like, [leader] of [civ] ?
It looks incredible, this stuff makes Civ5 a lot better!

Yeah, I can give that a try. Definitely for the title at the top of tooltip but only for the list of civs under the categories if it doesn't blow out the tooltip and cause too much line wrapping.

Well, I have to say this looks amazing. :goodjob:

Given that my mod modifies all of those files, would you object to me merging this?

I am using economy mod and info addict at the same time and I don't see anything wierd happening. :confused:

Awesome work, I wanted to do something like this myself for the longest time but have no clue how to go about it. I lack the lua know how.

Just a quick question. Would it be possible to add a civilization info tab with their likes and dislikes?

I find myself opening up each civs xml to see what their warmonger hate is etc before I go to battle to see what changes might occur in my current relationships. Is it possible to to add a tab that reads the info from civs xml's and lists it?

Another question. Is there any new info on how our actions affect our relationships with civs? ex: If I'm in a pact of secrecy with the Aztecs against England and I trade with England is their something in lua(that we can currently see without the source) that shows the decrease in my relationship with the Aztecs?

Knowledge is power and for this mod I thank you greatly :)

Cheers.

v5 of Info Addict is now available with these changes (the first one is a big one!)

• Added global relationship charts.
  • The list of civs in the historical graphs panel is now refreshed at the beginning of each turn.
  • Both the historical and relationship graphs have reset buttons now that appear when a selection is made. This button clears all selections and redraws the current graph.
  • Added a button to the trade and discussion screens so you can check Info Addict when a leader proposes a trade, pact or declaration of war.

Here are all the features for the global relations charts.

• Visual representation of global empire relationships.
  • Lines are drawn between civ icons to indicate an active relationship based on the current view. The color of the line defines the type of relationship and those colors are indicated in a key at the bottom right corner of the window.
  • You can select different views via the menu on the bottom left.
  • Each icon has a mouseover tooltip with detailed information for each relationship.
  • You can select empire icons to show only the relationships associated with those empires. Tooltips on other empires change to show only relationship details with your selection or selections.
  • You can also select the different relationship types from the key on the bottom right to view only those types.
  • Dead civs show up as dimmed icons and tooltips for that empire are no longer shown.
  • You can only see pacts of secrecy where your civ is an active participant and not the target.

All changes should be compatible with saved games.

Spoiler mod integrators: file changes and additions to v5 :
Code:
M      InfoAddict/InfoAddictReadMe.txt
M      InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictHistoricalData.xml
A      InfoAddict/XML/DiscussionDialog.xml
M      InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictScreen.xml
A      InfoAddict/XML/DiploTrade.xml
M      InfoAddict/XML/InfoAddictCivRelations.xml
A      InfoAddict/XML/DiscussLeader.xml
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictHistoricalData.lua
A      InfoAddict/Lua/DiscussionDialog.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictScreen.lua
A      InfoAddict/Lua/DiploTrade.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictCivRelations.lua
A      InfoAddict/Lua/DiscussLeader.lua
M      InfoAddict/Lua/InfoAddictLib.lua

123 image files named like iac##_##.dds added to InfoAddict/Art/

Edit: Updated OP with new screenshots and downloadable zip file is now updated as well.

An issue I'm noticing while merging... Doesn't look like you updated your lua to the latest patch. Missing some code concerning multiplayer chat, deals, and so on.

Edit: It's all in DiploCorner, btw.

Yep, you're right. That completely slipped my mind :old:

Also, might want to check the version you have uploaded on CfC... I downloaded it, and it was v4. Confused me for a bit when the diploscreen didn't work after a quick winmerge. :lol:

Hmm, it looks OK me. How quickly did you grab it? I think I updated the CfC version about 15-20 minutes after I updated the thread (I should probably upload that first and then update the thread :rolleyes:)

Really great mod. The new Global Politics tab is beautiful. In my current game it gives a great overview, but that's also because there aren't much civs left. I think it will be necessary for games with a lot of civs to (de)select some lines, just as you can (de)select some civs in the graph.

robk --> its good job! :)

I have a problem. I try translation your mod in polish language. But I don`t see tag <Language> :(. Why?

That's mainly because I was lazy at the beginning of coding the mod and didn't pay attention to localized strings. I plan on going through the code at some point and changing all the strings so that the language can change and people can submit translations.

Really great mod. The new Global Politics tab is beautiful. In my current game it gives a great overview, but that's also because there aren't much civs left. I think it will be necessary for games with a lot of civs to (de)select some lines, just as you can (de)select some civs in the graph.

That feature already exists. You should be able to select and deselect civs in the global relations chart by clicking on the icons as well as selecting the lines to show by clicking on the text descriptions of the connections at the bottom right of the screen.

I found a few bugs in the way trade deals are being examined, especially in the early stages of the game, that's affecting the global relationship diagram when the economic view is selected. The way trade deal examination is done in the game is not all that straight forward, as well as buggy, and I've had to put in some weird stuff in to get it working right. I hope to have a fix out tomorrow.

"Added global relationship charts."

I REALLY love this ;) Brings back good old Civ features step by step :>

Top Bottom