US Election Results Progress Thread:

Yom

Re-ese Mekwanint
I'm not sure how reliable this is but early exit polls (which are usually slanted toward Republicans) are showing Kerry up in some key states.

51-48 in Michigan,
52-38 in Wisconsin,
60-40 in Pennsylvania, and
52-48 in Ohio.

Bush is up 51-48 in Colorado and 55-45 in Arizona (no surprise here) Iowa is apparently tied.

Polls by the Kerry campaign have shown these results so far:

51-47 in Michigan,
50-48 in New Mexico,
58-40 in Minnesota,
52-43 in Wisconsin,
49-49 in Iowa, and
57-41 in New Hampshire

http://rawstory.com and http://www.bluelemur.com/index.php?p=386

Maybe the silent majority is for Kerry?

Wow, Kerry is way ahead in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. If he wins both of those and Ohio, I can't see Bush winning. But I don't have the electoral college memorized.

yeah too early to matter. I really am not trusting any polls until much later into the night.

thestonesfan said:
Wow, Kerry is way ahead in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. If he wins both of those and Ohio, I can't see Bush winning. But I don't have the electoral college memorized.
The Pennsylvania vote was never in doubt, he will win here. What I think is causing this is an increased sense of urgency in the Democrats. Generally the ones that vote early are the richer and older people. In this election the younger or poorer people care more so they vote earlier. I'm not sure if this will be that much of an advantage or if these are the same Democrats who normally vote latter in the day.

thestonesfan said:
Kerry people don't have to work. :p

Actually, the site says that most Democrats vote after work, and that early poll results usually lean Republican.

Or the old folks, they tend to be more conservative.

I'll believe it when I see it. Those numbers don't look accurate to me.

Looks like a Kerry landslide. Seriously, I think he will get over 300 EVs.

SeleucusNicator said:
I'll believe it when I see it. Those numbers don't look accurate to me.

I doubt those will be the final numbers, but if Kerry's ahead when he should be down, the increased turnout may be more of a factor than earlier thought.

Later tonight we HOPEFULLY will know who one.

I wouldn't be surprsied to see a landslide election in favor of Kerry. As is well known...incumbants usually win by a lot or lose by a lot. Very rarely is the election close in such a situation.

However, it is way too early for us to speculate.

I won't get my hopes up too far. But it IS exciting that the actual results are not exactly the same as the polls have been the past week - means there is still something to watch for tonight.

@thestonesfan: WI and OH are enough for Florida to not matter, as long as he stays ahead in MN too.

Also, I wanted to ask, does anyone know what the Bush Campaign is reporting (as we know what the Kerry campaign is saying)?

Both sites you linked to were partisan. The first one, rawstory.com, claimed to be "liberal news with an edge", and the second one, The Blue Lemur, is associated with the first site in the upper left-hand corner. I would prefer a more reliable, non-partisan mainstream media source before I conclude what is happening in these battleground states, specifically the big toss-ups, Ohio and Florida.

I know they're partisan, but they're the only results out so far. Drudge report seems to say the same.

Then why bother reporting stuff from trashsites? Can't you wait three hours for a real news source to report the news.

Top Bottom