Strange culture occurence - Bug?

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
Last night I happened to check in on the cultural progression of one of my smaller cities, and noticed something strange. At the top of the city screen, it showed the city producing 2 culture/turn. However, at the bottom left, where the improvements are listed, it showed that the temple was producing 4 culture/turn. I was not mobilized for war, and I checked it each turn for about five turns. It did finally go back to 4. Has anybody seen this, or have an explanation?:confused:

I never had that experience.

However, I encounter something totally different. I notice that when I liberated a town that is owned by a Civ that is gone, I seems to get back the old culture value of that Civ.

Example:

Berlin has a culture of 2000 and was conquered by Chinese. German is destroyed by Chinese. After I liberated Berlin I seems to get the 2000 point culture for a start instead of zero.

I wonder if this is a feature after the patch :confused:

Originally posted by Dark Sheer
I never had that experience.

However, I encounter something totally different. I notice that when I liberated a town that is owned by a Civ that is gone, I seems to get back the old culture value of that Civ.

Example:

Berlin has a culture of 2000 and was conquered by Chinese. German is destroyed by Chinese. After I liberated Berlin I seems to get the 2000 point culture for a start instead of zero.

I wonder if this is a feature after the patch :confused:

If it is true, then it sounds like this might be a design decision. As their original allegience is gone, the city's pop has pledged complete loyalty to you for being their liberators. In some ways it does seem reasonable.

Top Bottom