Loading time between turns

Arkaeyn

King
In the end-game, I'm spending Civ3-levels of time waiting in-between turns. My recent sound and video upgrade has the game itself running great, other than these load times. What should I do to cut down in the time the AI spends on its turns? I'm using a 2.66ghz processor and 1012k of DRAM. Or could it be background applications? Any advice appreciated.

Try to experiment with e.g. lower graphics settings. Closing all background apps certainly cannot harm. Consider turning off movies / sounds in the end game (try if that helps..).

what are your graphical settings? what resolution are you playing? how many civs and how large of a map? you should be playing well on a large map with default # of players but huge might be pushing it.

Try closing all background applications if that doesnt work i could show you a neat trick that will close down all unnecessary background applications and leave only the important ones on start up.

Do you have show enemy moves and show friendly moves turned on in your options tab? If you do, you can try turning them off. I know it can seem like an eternity watching all of those AI Destroyers parade around in the late game.

Top Bottom