MOD: The Balancer

Kingpin thanks for the help. However now that I have uncompressed the file I put it in the correct folder and tried to play but I got this error message:

ERROR Reading File
missing entry in "Scenarios\..\Conquests\Middle Ages\text\pediaIcons.txt"
ICON_BLDG_ALCHEMIST_House

Any ideas.

Kingpin thanks for the help. However now that I have uncompressed the file I put it in the correct folder and tried to play but I got this error message:

ERROR Reading File
missing entry in "Scenarios\..\Conquests\Middle Ages\text\pediaIcons.txt"
ICON_BLDG_ALCHEMIST_House

Any ideas.

Make sure the Bic (conquests symbol) and the file (folder icon) are beside each other in the conquest scenario folder. NOTE: The Bic can not be tucked away in the Balancer Reloaded file or the game will crash.

I had already figured that out. Thank you though. The problem is it says missing entry for a file and doesn't load the game.

Edit: I had a brainstorm and deleted and then reloaded the game. It plays fine now. 'Slaps self up-side head'

Brenjen, .biq is the conquests file. If you want something for PTW you can try Kingpin's mod which you can get on my website.

:lol: I'm aware of that now that I've got it all downloaded & decompressed. I wish I had been aware of it before I wasted all that time on the D/L Balancer was the only Civ mod I ever cared for, is "Kingpin's mod" similar? Does no one have the old Balancer in the .BIC or .BIX format? If not does anyone know how I could go about changing the .BIQ files to a .BIC or .BIX format?

I think you cannot change from an early version, to an old one. Only the opposite, an old one to an early one.

"Kingpin's mod" is similar to TBX-R. TBX-R is actually a sort of merger between "Kingpin's mod" and the early balancer mods.

I might give it a shot kingpin, thanks for the info. I usually do my own little modifications on the normal game to make it more to my liking, for instance I make workers air transportable, cruise missiles sea transportable...realism changes like that. The balancer was right up my alley with the visual improvements on the terrain & the cool goodies added in I really enjoyed it & it gave me a yearning to play when I was pretty burned out on the game. I thought CivIV would be a great release, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I suppose I need to get the conquest add on to go with my gold edition & stop fussing with it.

I finally went out & bought CivIII complete so I could use this freakin' mod lol; just started a game an hour or two ago when the power went out. I'm about to start it up again & I just wanted to say that so I'm liking it as much as the original Balancer mod.

I finally went out & bought CivIII complete so I could use this freakin' mod lol; just started a game an hour or two ago when the power went out. I'm about to start it up again & I just wanted to say that so I'm liking it as much as the original Balancer mod.

Cool you will like this. You have Conquests so shoudn't you be trying Balancer Reloaded? thats the greatest version that I know of. This might the PtW mod I heard was combined TBX-R and "Balancer' mod

Remember to read the thread if you need any help and just ask if any part is still giving you trouble

Cool you will like this. You have Conquests so shoudn't you be trying Balancer Reloaded? thats the greatest version that I know of. This might the PtW mod I heard was combined TBX-R and "Balancer' mod

Remember to read the thread if you need any help and just ask if any part is still giving you trouble

Reloaded is the one I'm using.

Top Bottom