Unique Civ-Specific Great People Names

MAYA

GP: Yax Pak, Ol Nal, Sac Kuk, Itsamk'anahk, Sky Witness, Bird Jaguar, Dark Sun, Double-Bird

GA: Chan Bahlum, Yohl Ik'nal, Lady Xok, Zazil Há, Spearthrower Owl, Imx Dog, Jasaw Chan K'awiil, Chitam, Jaguar Paw

GS: Ah Cacao, Smoke-Monkey, Stormy Sky, B'utz Aj Sak Chiik, K'inich Yax K'uk' Mo', Sky Xul, Scroll Sky, Kan Boar, Chak Tok Ich'aak, K'an Joy Chitam

GE: K'ak-Til, Kuk-Balam, Kan B'alam, Yax Ch’aktel Xok, Cauac Sky, Yaxuun B’alam IV, Jade Sky, Ma'Kin-na Chan, Ahkal Mo' Naab',

GM: Kan Xul, Canek, Nun Yax Ayin, Siyah Chan K'awil, Yik’in Chan Kawil, K'inich Waaw, Bird Claw

GG: Blue-Quetzal-Macaw, Eighteen Rabbit, Ahkal Mo' Nab, Yax Ehb' Xook, Siyah K'ak', Tecún Umán, Eleven Rabbit

Great Spy: Rigoberto López Pérez, Shield Jaguar, Aj Ne' Yohl Mat, Kayb'il B'alam, Lempira, Ix Kalo'mte' Ix Yo K'in

Yes, your list was helpful. :)

Now that we know the last three civs, I have to find names for these guys, too. Ethiopia might be hard in some areas, but they're sufficiently famous that it shouldn't be too hard. Khmer? I guess I can use Cambodia and, if necessary, names from surrounding SE Asian nations. The one I'm worried about is the Holy Roman Empire--many names of Medieval Germany and France are already in, and I don't want to reorganize the list. It might get kind of tricky.

[Post 1500. I can't believe I've posted 500 times in two weeks!]

Very cool, very good idea; I'm impressed with the list you've compiled.

My complaint is that Mother Teresa wasn't Indian (she was Albanian), but given the possible civilizations in Warlords she definitely fits best in India (since she devoted much of her time to helping the Indian people).

Great component - But you forgot Bill Nye

Bleh.... I'm thinking about using Frankish names. :)

Algan, did you steal my "quote of the week" feature? ;)

I suppose now you're telling me that your "Deal With It!!!" (with three exclamation points, no less) is not borrowed? ;)

Jing Ke will be in as a great spy and Luis Vaz de Camões
as an artist. Thanks for the suggestions.

Dunno if this is a sensitive issue or not, but why not add Heinrich Himmler to the Great Spy list for the Germans? He was the head of the SS and the Gestapo if I remember right.

J. Edgar Hoover could be one for America, since he was the director of the FBI

First post back in a long time:cool:

I'll be downloading this once I get BTS and install it, this looks awesome. Only changes I'd make are ones to add people I would like to see like Shania Twain, etc;-)

this mod sounds very good for my, but i just mentioned that you count albert einstein as american scientist and not as german. how do you decided this?
i mean the greatest effort "wernher von braun" did, was his work in america wich creates the bases of the american spaceflight, and the landing on the moon. so why is wernher von braun not an american scientist and einstein is?

I forgot Otto Skorzeny for the Germans as well, lol. His 1943 (I think) retrieval of Benito Mussolini from a mountaintop prison with a glider is an excellent example of infiltration.

Von Braun is a German one I believe since he spent World War II working on rocket/nuclear technology for the Nazis and came to America at the war's end. Einstein is an American one since he fled Germany in the 1930's to escape the Nazis (he was a Jew) and did his most famous work here in the States. I can't be sure, though of why they are but that would be my reasoning. Also note I'm not entirely sure when Einstein fled Germany;)

Einstein lived in Germany (Berlin) until 1932.
1905 he proposed the special theory of relativity (in germany)
1916 he proposed the general theory of relativity (in germany)
1921 he got the nobel prize for the photoelectric effect (in stockholm of course but, he lived in germany)
you can see that he did his most important work before 1933, in a non nazi-germany, and he fled because of the nazis take power, not because of he wanted to chance his nationality (not just nazi germany is germany)

so what do you mean with "he did his most famous work in the US"?

Dear Lord, not the Einstein debate again... Back when my mod was being considered for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization, the inclusion of Einstein sparked a huge debate on the RFC forum and lots of mudslinging, nationalism, and physics discussions. :crazyeye:

Suffice it to say, the reason Einstein is American and not German is that I simply copied the Civ 3 Scientific Leaders, and that's the way it was in Civ 3. :) Sorry it couldn't be a more interesting reason than that.

Actually, Einstein did his most famous work (relativity) in Switzerland, not Germany, but that's irrelevant for game purposes I suppose.

When it did not was your desicion, my question is cleared. But einstein did the work on the relativity in berlin. but i did not wanna raise a discussion about this theme. i just wanna had said that einstein is a german (or maybe swiss but he had the german citizenship and lived in germany after his study and his early youth years) physician in my opinion.

Top Bottom