Random Events list

The target civ i would guess - this event is targeted at a specific Civ/City afaik.

The counter stuff is per civ, any civ or all civs? I'm seeing the human player catching with Deity AI uprisings if I understand it well..... :

The target civ i would guess - this event is targeted at a specific Civ/City afaik.

Refar is right - there is a special unit_ai for the uprising units which targets them to a specific player - and this player has to be able to build the counter (note: not have one) in at least one city. This means: when you do not plan to build any horse/metal units: don't hook the resource up...

Edit: x-post...

This means: when you do not plan to build any horse/metal units: don't hook the resource up...
I guess this isn't happening too often. That you hook up Copper/Horse without immediately starting to build at least one of the new shining units?

I would like to rephrase that advice to "don't hook up early resources to an isolated town" with its follow-up "don't hook up early resources unless you can defend the trade route to your production city".

I mean, it would be kinda both sucky and awesome for a normal barbarian to pillage the roads connecting your Copper city to the rest of your budding empire only for a bunch of Swordsmen appearing at the other end of your empire the turn after... :crazyeye:

PS. What happens in this scenario:
1) You (or the AI next door) get hit by one of these hordes
2) You complete Great Wall the next turn

Do these special barbs get a new mission in life? Do they revert to standard barb behavior? Or what?

In 3.13 they go berserk elsewhere ( sometimes they join to normal barbs and make nice barb SoD, pretty capable of taking civs down ( with raging barbs it happens a lot ) ). I suppose that in here the drill is the same.....

These lists doesn't contain the extras info, do they? For instance, the Elite Swords quest say it gives a little extra if you're in Hereditary Rule when you complete it. This fact, coupled with exactly what you're getting extra is missing from the Quests spoiler, but would be really useful to have when you read up on a particular event (mostly quest events, when you are to decide if it is worth pursuing)

Actually they do - with the elite swords I missed it since that prereq is in the Python files instead of the xml files like most. The second option is only available if you have Hereditary rule.
Fixed - :thanx:

I'll update the list with the (few) changes in 3.17 today or tomorrow :)

Well the Elite Swords event can give Drill 1 to melee units can't it? I think it's ok for some random events to allow things normally not possible.

Fair enough. It reminds me of a debate some time ago in Bhruic's patch thread where it was debated whether the meteor event which could have uranium appear on forest and then be mined without clearing the forest should be allowed. For memory, Bhruic left it alone.

uranium? i thought meteors brought nickel and iron. A meteor event that comes early should allow one to build iron based units with one Great General that gets nickel plated armor and weapons unless its a ship in which case it gets a defense bonus.
If the meteor event comes later than you get a crater or a tungooska (sp) anihilation of a forest.

Fair enough. It reminds me of a debate some time ago in Bhruic's patch thread where it was debated whether the meteor event which could have uranium appear on forest and then be mined without clearing the forest should be allowed. For memory, Bhruic left it alone.
Perhaps I'm dense but I don't see the problem. Of course, feel free to link to the answer.

Well the problem was simple. Having this event meaned that you could have a uranium resource on a forest WITH a mine. The reason you could get this weird situation was that you could pay to have the mine built immediately. If you were to wait and build the mine yourself you would have to lose the forest. Granted you would have to clear the forest to rebuild the mine should any naughty spy destroy it anyway, it's not a big issue.

I think Bhruic left it alone because there was no clear rule anywhere about what improvements can and can not exist on a tile at the same time.

Ah thanks. I guess it's just a mostly unused feature of the Civ engine (you can have forested mines in WB, for instance) to combine forests with improvements (camps are the exception that proves the "rule" I believe).

Regarding the "crusade" quest it says "Declare War on the owner of the Holy City,... ".

I just got this quest when I'm already at war with the HC owner. This nuance is lost from the description (by stating a DoW is mandatory it gives the impression you must be at peace to trigger the event).

Thinking about this I must ask if this event auto-DoWs the HC owner? Or perhaps you are presented with the option to go to war when the event first pops up (and by declining, you auto-fail the quest I presume?) when at peace? Or perhaps the event only fires when you've already at war (like in my case)?

Regarding the "crusade" quest it says "Declare War on the owner of the Holy City,... ".

I just got this quest when I'm already at war with the HC owner. This nuance is lost from the description (by stating a DoW is mandatory it gives the impression you must be at peace to trigger the event).

Thinking about this I must ask if this event auto-DoWs the HC owner? Or perhaps you are presented with the option to go to war when the event first pops up (and by declining, you auto-fail the quest I presume?) when at peace? Or perhaps the event only fires when you've already at war (like in my case)?

:hmm: I'll check the code again...

Top Bottom