Scotland?

cairnsy44

Gooner - first class
I have seen a couple of attempts at making a Scotland civ for BTS, but for one reason or another, they have not been seen to completion. Am I missing any? I would make it if I had the skills, but do not. Anyone else willing to give it go?

would I be able to use only Scotland out of those? Or would I have to have all of them?

You can pick and choose from his civs.

I will be making a Scotland module for my mod (check the link in my sig). I have already made Module Pack I, which has Hungary, Teutonic Order, Nubia and Phoenicia.

Currently I am working on the America's module pack, which includes Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Gran Colombia, and Cuba.

The next one, Module Pack II, is going to include Iran, Vietnam, Minoa, and Songhai.

After that I am going to make the Europe Module pack which is going to be HUGE, so far I am thinking of doing Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Austria, Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, and Ukraine. I might add more but I'm not sure just yet. At the rate I'm gonig the Europe module pack will probably be ready in, at the most, two months. But if you REALLY want scotland I can probably do that one first (after the other two module packs that is) and send it to you. But they will only work in my mod, because they will use some pre-existing flavored units. But in general its a good mod that doens't change the game mechanics too much at all (I just added Inquisitors, spy promotions, and seven extra religions that only appear when you select choose religion ala JARM).

If you have any suggestions for UUs or UBs for Scotland that would be appreciated though. I was going to have Robert the Bruce and Mary Stuart as the leaders. But I could be convinced to make a William Wallace or Rob Roy LH, we'll see how busy I am at the time.

The reason I brought this up, other than simple advertising, is that I make my modules so that you can easily insert and remove them from the mod without effecting any of the other XML. Which means they don't have custom music or diplomacy text, but I feel those are frills and making it easier for the user to customize what civs he wants to use is preferred over the diplomacy texts and custom music which does little for gameplay.

Iran? Why not just put Mahmoud and Khomeini in Persia?

Iran? Why not just put Mahmoud and Khomeini in Persia?

Because I want to make a bunch of modern-age civs and leaders so I can make scenarios and stuff. Also I don't want want more than four leaders per civ and in the expanded version of my mod Persia will have Cyrus, Darius and Xerxes (and possibly Sheherazade). What's the difference anyway? I'm making multiple Module packs. And like I said the individual modules themselves are easily mixed and matched. So you can use different combinations, you can have one from Module Pack I, two from the Americas module pack, three from Europe, and then add Iran and Minoa from the second one if you wanted quite easily. And just as easily remove one more more of them. So if a player wants they can play with all modern nations/leaders.

Not only that, but I was going to make scenarios as well. I was thinking of doing a Mexican-American war scenario, a Thirty Years War scenario, a crusades Scenario etc.

So I am going to make different module packs as well, this is a long-term process obviously. But I was thinking of making module packs like The Crusades pack (which would have the Normans, Mamlukes, Kingdom of Jerusalem etc.) or a Barbarians/Enemies of Rome module pack (Goths, Gauls, Lombards etc.) for a possible Rise or Fall of Rome scenario. The idea would be to make my mod dynamic so you can pick and choose what you want to do with it, for more replay value. Of course most of these ideas are far off. And I have a lot on my plate right now, but ultimately this is what I want to do. I like mods like Civ Gold, or Amra's mod, but I felt that sometimes players don't want so many custom civs in a game and this way I can please both those who want to stick to a regular game of civ (although the Sioux, Iroquios and Israelis are part of the main mod) and those who like to have numerous extra civs as wel. I am also doing themes for the module packs so if a player wants to do a game with all American civs they can just put in the Americas civs and play a game with the Sioux, Iroquois, Americans, Mayans, Aztecs, Inca, Mexicans, Canadians, Gran Colombians, Cubans, Brazilians and Aregentinians. Or if they wanted a Europe only game they can choose the vanilla Europe civs and then plug in the European module pack and play with a bunch of European civs. The idea is just variety of choices.

thanks! Robert the Bruce and Wallace certainly appeal to me. I would definitely give it a look. I'm glad you don't tweak the core game too much as well.

Top Bottom