Find pollution/auto-clean pollution/activate workers

Nishdog

Isolationist Bastard
I'm sorry if this has been covered before but for some reason, I can't figure out the "search" feature on this board.

I just started playing this game again recently and came upon heavy pollution during industrial/modern era. So I cranked out a bunch of workers and sent them out with auto-clean pollution orders. The reason I did this is because I couldn't locate the pollution on my map. In Civ2, if you pressed F1 it gave you a list of cities and next to it they gave the number of pollution squares in its radius. I used that to know where to send the clean-up crew. Is there a way to do that in Civ3 (I'm playing v1.29)?

The other end of my problem was once I had gotten pollution under managable control, I still had about 30-40 workers on auto-pollution cleanup. I was wondering if there is any quick way to locate those workers and cancel their orders?

You could always do Ctrl-Shift-M. This gives the clean map, and you should be able to find pollution that way.

Make sure you have your territory boundries on, and that the 'hide pollution' is not set. Do this with Ctrl-Shift-N.

HTH, and welcome back to the game! :thumbsup:

CTRL-Shift-M gives me a clear map - clear of all cities, improvements, and POLLUTION. So all I see is the terrain. So that didn't work.

CTRL-Shift-N didn't seem to do anything at all :confused:

Crud.

Guess you're playing vanilla, right? I'm guessing that CTRL-SHIFT-N didn't get introduced until then.

Hmm, I thought workers on auto-clean automatically woke up when there was nothing to do. In fact, I find that to be such a nuisance, that I never use auto-clean. I put workers on Automate-but-don't-alter late in the game

Nishdog said:
I just started playing this game again recently and came upon heavy pollution during industrial/modern era. So I cranked out a bunch of workers and sent them out with auto-clean pollution orders. The reason I did this is because I couldn't locate the pollution on my map. In Civ2, if you pressed F1 it gave you a list of cities and next to it they gave the number of pollution squares in its radius. I used that to know where to send the clean-up crew. Is there a way to do that in Civ3 (I'm playing v1.29)?
One of crpMapStat's (available in the utility programs forum) features is a list of cities with pollution.

TimBentley said:
One of crpMapStat's (available in the utility programs forum) features is a list of cities with pollution.
That did the trick. I can now identify my polluted cities. There's a few other neat features in that application, too :) :)

Top Bottom