Road to War-what's the point

Who had most of the troops when it counted? Australia.
Who used the most deadly weapon known to man? America.
And what did the bomb hit? The residential sector. Hardly any infrastructure or factories were destroyed.

Yes, Australia had a lot of troops, yes they fought well with America and all that. But why isn't Australia a superpower, why is America the dominant one? Does it all boil down to nukes?

Anyway, so in my game, Australia will be a superpower. Perhaps I'll invade Russia or China if the game allows in realistic stuff :lol:

Yes, Australia had a lot of troops, yes they fought well with America and all that. But why isn't Australia a superpower, why is America the dominant one? Does it all boil down to nukes?

Cuz the US and UK told Australian politicians to stick to sheep and wheat, and they listened! :mad: Going by GDP numbers and industrial growth in the 40's/50's, Australia WAS going to be the next superpower! Dumb politicians.

Why isn't Australia a major superpower? Because its population is 21 million. That's pretty small for an entire continent.

Anyway, so in my game, Australia will be a superpower. Perhaps I'll invade Russia or China if the game allows in realistic stuff :lol:

It's alternate history man. Enjoy it.

I chose realistic history, so Japan declares war in 1941 and all that. Me, being Australia joins in and I have aircraft carriers, aircraft, destroyers and cruisers and stuff and do land invasions with tanks after bombing the crap out of them.

WWII history with a different twist, but still follows the same lines

I still can't get rid of those Japanese ships going around the water areas to the south... Bombers are intercepted by their Cruiser

Well, we'd only been around for 30 years really when the PAcific theatre started. Before 1901 we were just a bunch of British colonies.

Then play the add-on. It adds Hitler and various unit models.

BTW, these were deliberately left out due to Hitler's reputation, and if all units had models then BtS woulda shipped on 2 DVD's. :)

It cant be Hitler's reputation. Stalin had an equally horrible reputation, and commited mass genocide via starvation amongst his own people. He is included in the mod.

Ill have to download the addon. This whiney racism against the Axis forces (Japan and Germany) is just pathetic.

Well Australia had taken over Japan, Korea and Manchuria.
The Pacific theatre ended in 1944 with Australia taking over nearly everything Japanese. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were captured, along with Kyoto and Tokyo when they launched an invasion of the Home Islands...

I really need to lay off the Settler...

Well Australia had taken over Japan, Korea and Manchuria.
The Pacific theatre ended in 1944 with Australia taking over nearly everything Japanese. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were captured, along with Kyoto and Tokyo when they launched an invasion of the Home Islands...

I really need to lay off the Settler...

Woohoo. Go Australia.

Why I didn't take over everything Japanese, because China and the UK took over one or two cities, but I still kicked butt before Russia could join into the war against Japan!

This scenario comes into its own at Prince level and beyond. I finally got around to trying it out with the add-on and the patch. I love it! 1936-1939 can be a bit tedious, but its all about building up for the plunge so to speak. I like the NATO and 3rd Riche board game style buttons...I grew up playing my Dad in such games, and I understood them emediately. Further, I can glance at them and know right away what units are in my stack, rather than looking at a small image and deciphering what version of a tank it is, etc...

I do think the UK should start with more air power, but that's a small issue really. Additionally, I would like to see France (historically incorrect) be aggressive with Germany when war is declared rather than turtleing up, but as I aluded to, this is exactly what they did.

Great scenario, Dale, and I appreciate the enormous effort you put into this mod. The changes are so significant as to make it a separate game in itself!

I would love to see you make a scenario like the board game, "NATO." In the future...I'm guessing that this is what your future project, titled "Global Assault" is going to entail?

The Road to War mod/scenario reminds me of Hearts of Iron II but yea, I was quite disturbed with the inaccuracy of China in that mod. If you look closely, there are parts of China that are "democracy" or ran by the KMT and parts of China that are "communist" or ran by the Maoists. China even starts out with the democracy civic when you start the game. They used Mao Zedong's leaderhead because they though it would be easier to just use him than to re-skin the Charles DeGaulle leaderhead into Jiang Jieshi

The Road to War mod/scenario reminds me of Hearts of Iron II but yea, I was quite disturbed with the inaccuracy of China in that mod. If you look closely, there are parts of China that are "democracy" or ran by the KMT and parts of China that are "communist" or ran by the Maoists. China even starts out with the democracy civic when you start the game. They used Mao Zedong's leaderhead because they though it would be easier to just use him than to re-skin the Charles DeGaulle leaderhead into Jiang Jieshi

Did you play add-on pack 1? KMT replaces PRC.

I am palaying Europe Map and i've notice some AI bugged behaviours. AI never use the special range bombardment of artilery units. AI sometime don't capture empty enemy cities in range and leave it's own without any defender.
I'm playing on accurate historical events with East balkans and i am very angry on the Germany - 1 they dont attack france and they keep 20 tanks in Belgum doing nothing. The "attack this or that city" ally command almost don't work at all. All AI's are moving most of their troops in their own territory and do nothing.
Oh well and this stuff is on immortal: With 3 tanks i've manage to conquer all france. I give it as a gift to the germans. But Vishy France event didn't show for 2 year without any french town in Europe. Somehow at the end of 41 the french take a one not defended german(post french) city and the event show up. As i play with the smallest civ on immortal i am supprised that the only problem to me is USSR. Now at the start of 42 i've beat USSR at air and i'm making progess vs them too.
Why they all AIs are so week. The AI attack very rare. USSR even don't take Riga which have only 2 infantry - i saw more that 20 T-34 USSR tanks doing nothing near it. Comeon did Someone can tell me why the AI wont play. In normal games the AI is enough aggesive what is the problem with this MOD??????

PS: The resistance even is not good idea as the AI can't hold a captured city and they became even more bad. In fact a real player never have problems with "the counterattack" as they always attack with enough troops.

It cant be Hitler's reputation. Stalin had an equally horrible reputation, and commited mass genocide via starvation amongst his own people. He is included in the mod.

Ill have to download the addon. This whiney racism against the Axis forces (Japan and Germany) is just pathetic.

Pathetic? We in Europe see it different. Can you imagine six million people? Can you imagine six million dead people? Have you heard about Dachau, about Oświęcim (Auschwitz)? Go there, see it. Listen to the people Who have been there. You should think twice before using such words.

That comment is out of order.

They were the agressors, and mass murderers.

Go read a history book, or pay for an MRI scan.

The buttons are staying as is, but new UU graphics are being put in. :)

The buttons are for the war board-game grognards (like me) of the 80's. :) You'll get used to them. Once you understand the system NATO used, they're very logical.
Thats a shame for me to hear. I haven't gotten used to them. I can visually identify the unit from its button. But its an eye strain as the button graphics are small and far too similar. I have to slow down and look intently at the buttons to differentiate between them.

Maybe I'm not a true grognard having only fanatically played 'Axis and Allies' and 'Shogun' in the 80's. Whatever the reason I am one who dislikes the unit buttons and I think it is the buttons that compel me to eventually drop every game I've started. I love the mod, and as odd as it may sound, I can think of no other reason for my consistent lack of interest other than the buttons.

Who had most of the troops when it counted? Australia.
Who used the most deadly weapon known to man? America.
And what did the bomb hit? The residential sector. Hardly any infrastructure or factories were destroyed.

Where the Bomb(s) hit was precisely where they were aimed. By the time they were dropped the entire populace of Japan was considered to be in combatant status. This, btw, was also the opinion of the Japanese ruling party. Their official stance was ...Death to the last citizen before surrender.

Australia's contribution to the war has been largely down-played. However, the with the notable exception of the battles on New Guinea the Aussies generally were not involved in any of the amphibious assaults. Mostly because the island hopping strategy was not in MacArthur's bailiwick. It was primarily in Nimitz'. I mean no disrespect to the Australian troops. They were doing a great job holding off Rommel. The RA Navy on the other hand took their lumps right along with our Navy from the 'Divine Wind' during the Phillipine invasion battles.

Top Bottom