[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

:lol: Yes, but upgrading has to be there ;).

I could take out the UUs of the normal upgrading line, but i don't know, if it makes sense :hmm:.

No, the Behemoths can't climb on the peaks, it's maybe a bit to difficult for that big mechs ;).
Or i'll maybe take it in.

But bad news:
I don't think, that i can provide a new patch this weekend.
I've discovered, that games with the mapscripts keep on crashing, and i don't know why :confused:.
The pre-made maps are quite more stable, and this is really confusing :confused:.
It seems, that this problem is existent since minimum Patch E, so to the players:
DO NOT PLAY THE MAPSCRIPTS!
Use the maps instead.
I'll try to find the problem.

Next thing: I really lack time :(, i think, that i'll have to stop the developement for 2 months, or so :(.

Maybe i'll try to end the current progress:
I've tried to add "lowered terrain" (screenshot attached), like in dune wars, and it works goods, but besides the fact, that it doesn't run stable because of the mapscripts, the problem is, that the lowered terrain can't really be worked, and that i can't place resources on it :undecide:.
I'll have to think about it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0211.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0211.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 287
wwwwow, lots of cities there, personally i would prefer a more thematic mars where the changes aren't so cosmetic, while it looks nice, when you just dump a bunch of people there it makes colonizing the planet less exciting, i think it would be better to have a smaller amount of buildings that don't so strongly resemble sky scrapers that break the feel,

you might also consider downloading Google earth to take a look at mars and give yourself a good opportunity to fine tune the aesthetic appeal.

now its time to do your modcast a great service and show up for a recording! please PM me with what you think of that and i can give all the gory details :D

I'll be prepared :D :sniper:.

wwwwow, lots of cities there, personally i would prefer a more thematic mars where the changes aren't so cosmetic, while it looks nice, when you just dump a bunch of people there it makes colonizing the planet less exciting, i think it would be better to have a smaller amount of buildings that don't so strongly resemble sky scrapers that break the feel,

Okay, you think that the city building goes to fast, right?
I thought, the restriction to settlers is hard enough, isn't it?
Or do you think of anything others?

you might also consider downloading Google earth to take a look at mars and give yourself a good opportunity to fine tune the aesthetic appeal.

I think the 2 Mars maps are accurate ;).

Actually, it was late, I was drunk and bored. So I did some more, I can upload them later.

The main issue with the current one is that it's blurry when small (and I usually don't use big icons) so you could leave it for a big icon but make smaller icons to be more distinguishable.

P.S. Also could you make the desert to be more "red" please? CUrrently it looks like Arrakis :).

Actually, it was late, I was drunk and bored. So I did some more, I can upload them later.

Would be nice :).

The main issue with the current one is that it's blurry when small (and I usually don't use big icons) so you could leave it for a big icon but make smaller icons to be more distinguishable.

It's not be me, Avain made it ;).

And didn't know that, thanks for the hint.
But i don't know, if the installer supports such an solution, i'll have to look at it.

P.S. Also could you make the desert to be more "red" please? CUrrently it looks like Arrakis :).

Right in the other way ;).

But you're right, i haven't changed the textures.
I'll maybe do that, if i find some time (damn, the time...).

A question:
Has anybody tried it out, if "Mars, Now" is compatible with 3.19?
I'm not at my civ-PC until monday, so i can't try it out, but it would be good to know, if an update is needed.

When I try to start it up, it says "Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword has encountered an error and needs to close". Standard Windows crash error.

You altered the DLL, right? That means the mod won't work. And yeah, I'm not exactly the prime specimen...but I reinstalled BtS after the patch, since I thought it might be the cause of the python errors. I can at least say this: a fresh install of BtS under Steam won't work with marsjetzt-v03.

When I try to start it up, it says "Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword has encountered an error and needs to close". Standard Windows crash error.

You altered the DLL, right? That means the mod won't work. And yeah, I'm not exactly the prime specimen...but I reinstalled BtS after the patch, since I thought it might be the cause of the python errors. I can at least say this: a fresh install of BtS under Steam won't work with marsjetzt-v03.

A fresh install of BtS with steam will directly get the 3.19 patch, or am i wrong?

Yes, the .dll is altered, but only a minimum (i've added this).
You can delete my .dll, and it will not cause problems with my mod, but i don't know, if it works then with 3.19.
I didn't have the time to check, what happens with 3.19, and i don't think, i'll come to modding until the next weekend, i'm sorry.

But it would help to see, what happens without the .dll. Could you try it out :)?

Ok, deleting the DLL has resulted in the game being runable again. However, I'm still running into those blasted python bugs. So much for it being just a problem of me mucking up my Civ install.

So, since I've gotten it to run again, I'm hoping you'll indulge me and track down these odd python bugs (no religious origin, no Fresh Water around towns, and rivers and lakes spawning in random maps).

I've got the logs if you've got the time. I'm getting some sort of weird error in CvAppInterface (line 47) every time the game saves (autosaves and normal saves). I hope it's just because I deleted the DLL.

Save game also included.

Attachments

• Mars, Now v03e Python Bug Logs (Tssha).zip
    478.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Hiro Nakamura AD-2146-October.CivBeyondSwordSave
    63.9 KB · Views: 47
Ok, deleting the DLL has resulted in the game being runable again.

Ah, thanks, that's good to know :).

However, I'm still running into those blasted python bugs. So much for it being just a problem of me mucking up my Civ install.

So, since I've gotten it to run again, I'm hoping you'll indulge me and track down these odd python bugs (no religious origin, no Fresh Water around towns, and rivers and lakes spawning in random maps).

I've got the logs if you've got the time. I'm getting some sort of weird error in CvAppInterface (line 47) every time the game saves (autosaves and normal saves). I hope it's just because I deleted the DLL.

Save game also included.

Thanks for the logs.
Okay, iirc, the problems were already there before 3.19, am i right?
-> Nothing do to with the patch.

Did you install another mod?
It seems, that there are interferences with another one, with "Creation_FF", whatever this is (Fall Further mapscript?).
Also the name "CvJDataKitEventManager" really confuses me, i've never seen this file, and i don't know, where it comes from.

The main problem is, that CvEventInterface.py crashes, and this file is connected to all the events, which do not work.
The file crashes on starting in the first line, no idea, why.

I'll have to look at it, when i'm back at my civ-pc, can't say anything from here.

i hope to see you on skype later :)

I also hope this :).

Knock 'em dead The_J!

And yeah, those are map scripts for Fall from Heaven. They contain some mod specific lines since they have been altered to give certain factions starts on faction-appropriate terrain. Though I should perhaps delete some of these since Creation_FF is certainly obsolete with the new Erebus mapscript.

Knock 'em dead The_J!

:D

And yeah, those are map scripts for Fall from Heaven. They contain some mod specific lines since they have been altered to give certain factions starts on faction-appropriate terrain. Though I should perhaps delete some of these since Creation_FF is certainly obsolete with the new Erebus mapscript.

It's not necessary to delete them.
It's enough to rename the public maps folder in the FfH2 mod (and modmods) to private maps.
But this will not fix the problem, i guess :(.
CvJDataKitEventManager has to come from another source.
What's about BUG, is it installed?

I can't be certain what fixed it, but I deleted the maps, reinstalled Civ4BtS again (this time making sure I wiped all traces of the Better AI mod from the directory) and now it's fixed. Religions are being founded and fresh water is showing up in cities.

The map scripts are still spawning rivers and lakes though. Dunno why.

My money's on the Python components of Better AI, and not the maps. Still, it's nice to not have the errors anymore, and the map scripts were kind of useless.

I'll be prepared :D :sniper:.

Okay, you think that the city building goes to fast, right?
I thought, the restriction to settlers is hard enough, isn't it?
Or do you think of anything others?

I think the 2 Mars maps are accurate ;).

i meant more that the giant modern cities under bubbles seem a little much, it might be better to make the locations smaller, maybe use graphics for some science facilities instead, the modern cities under a bubble look pretty tacked on to me,
as for the mars maps, maybe they're accurate, but pictures on Google earth tell me mars isn't florescent orange. the colors are a lot duller, and it might have some interesting textures to steal.

I always liked space exploration because it was kind of an adventure,

I can't be certain what fixed it, but I deleted the maps, reinstalled Civ4BtS again (this time making sure I wiped all traces of the Better AI mod from the directory) and now it's fixed. Religions are being founded and fresh water is showing up in cities.

I'm not sure, if another mod has something to do with the errors, because in a short testgame today my CvRandomEventInterface.py suddenly crashed without a reason. Maybe my scripts are just to unstable, i'll have observe this a bit.

But good to hear :).

The map scripts are still spawning rivers and lakes though. Dunno why.

All 3 (4) scripts?

i meant more that the giant modern cities under bubbles seem a little much, it might be better to make the locations smaller, maybe use graphics for some science facilities instead, the modern cities under a bubble look pretty tacked on to me,

Yes, you're right, they seem to developed for the first Mars colonies.
GeoModder told me to look at the Planetfall city sets, but i'm a bit scared of messing around with them :blush:.

as for the mars maps, maybe they're accurate, but pictures on Google earth tell me mars isn't florescent orange. the colors are a lot duller, and it might have some interesting textures to steal.

:blush: the eye-cancer colours have been mentioned earlier in the thread, i'll have to do something against them...when i find the time :blush:.

I always liked space exploration because it was kind of an adventure,

Exactly my opinion :).

Only a small patch:

Patch F

- Makes the mod compatible with 3.19
- Changed the special israelian trait to only one scientist
- Added two new models for the light artillery and the artillery. Both models are from Empire Earth 2, were uploaded by Deliverator and animated by The_Coyote
- 2 minor changes in the text

The patchscript is provided by phungus and NikNaks, and the icon is this time by Deon :).

Not big, but needed for 3.19

Patch G
Will break savegames!
Includes the patches A - F.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed an error, which could lead to an CtD when attacking a city
- The optical speed of the pioniertank has been adjusted
- The prerequisite "canyon" for the worldwonder sightseeing platform has been removed

Changes:
- Added wonderfilm for the worldwonder "national military industries". Movie by arian :).
- New model for the bank, model by asioasioasio
- New unit paratrooper added, model by GarretSidzaka
- New leader for canada added, leaderhead by cfkane
- The canadian promotion "snowman" gives now 33% attacking and defense bonus on snow instead of 20%
- Effect of "Rossetta Project" changed, and turned into a worldwonder.
- Rossetta Project is not more needed for the evolution victory
- Texts added to the Life 2.0 civics, to show better, what units are available with them
- Maintenance through the diestance from palace reduced by 2/5
- Starting technologies are changed a bit, so that the strong civs don't start with an exploration ship, but the weak get one.
- Aliens, Androids and Mutants do now, not like the human player, not have the restrictions for settlers and Life 2.0 units.

The patchscript was programmed by phungus, the icon is this time again by deon :).

The patch is compatible 3.19. If you want to play with 3.17, you have to remove the marsjetzt-v03\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll, which will not affect the game.

I had a short game today, and i don't like what i see. It seems, that something has screwed up the AI.

Nearly no improvements, and it's round 200!
No idea, why the AI doesn't build wind turbines, the can be build everywhere, the techs are available, and also the construction ships are there :dunno:.
If anyone has an idea...
I'll try next weekend, if adding BtS Better AI will make a difference.

Would please someone confirm, that extraterrestrial lifeforms appear (no, i don't mean the mutants :D)? I think, i've added an error in my python files.

It would also be nice, if someone could confirm, that the 2 Mars maps and the Arkon map run stable, and all maps from Proteus to Venus crash relativly early in the game.
I think, there's maybe a problem with my changed mapsizes, but i'm not sure.

Top Bottom