Yelü Chucai's surprising ascent

I somewhat doubt the affordability of capping WK, as this should mean, as far as I remember, landing into immediate war with Cyrus and losing a couple of cities at the min to his SAM. I'd rather take any techs and even money, make peace with WK and prepare for war with Cyrus: the two island cities of WK would hardly matter that much even if Cyrus caps WK.
I entertained for some time the thought of demolishing all Cyrus units in our territory and taking him out, too, but even this should be done with some prep, esp. getting our cannons healed and close to Cyrus' stack, I think.

We can get peace with WK for SM+cash. Its no big deal if he caps to Cyrus (except Cyrus will take on his negative vibes towards us). Once cities are out of revolt we'll have 40% land which means the game is well and truly won and its simply a matter of cruising to victory.

We can get peace with WK for SM+cash. Its no big deal if he caps to Cyrus (except Cyrus will take on his negative vibes towards us). Once cities are out of revolt we'll have 40% land which means the game is well and truly won and its simply a matter of cruising to victory.

If this is the case, and everybody's OK with it, I'd go for it next turn (after having built the Jewish Monastery). I am not sure whether it is worth getting - or trying to get - afterwards Astro for RR from WK, although RR is no more a monopoly tech of ours. Maybe it would be better to get Rocketry, or Physics, if possible a turn later.

I'll make my couple of remaining moves later today, in something like 3-4 hours, so additional insights are more than welcome .

Last two turns of my TS:
1710 AD (t8, cont)
Research @100%
1715 AD (t9)
Peace with WK for ScMeth+$350+map
Oil found @ Inch'on, Medina, Turfan
Quick check on Arbella (Cyrus): 2rifles+2arts+1 sam
Switch to Rep
1720 (t10)
Peter declares on Asoka

Save is below. Good luck, W!

Attachments

• Yelu Chucai AD-1720.CivWarlordsSave
    195.8 KB · Views: 63
Good Job FiveRings. I'm unsure of how to proceed. Flight and Artillery after Assembly line. Get our units up to date and take out Cyrus, I guess. We have a settler sitting in our capital. Are we going to need him or shall I put him to the sword?

Pigswill,

I've just stumbled across your Pigs in Flight #1 game ... well done. I hardly ever go to the S+T's forum any more, so it was good to read your progress and ultimate success! :D

Roster is;

FiveRings
pigswill << Up
woopdeedoo << On Deck
Cam​

Pigswill,

I've just stumbled across your Pigs in Flight #1 game ... well done. I hardly ever go to the S+T's forum any more, so it was good to read your progress and ultimate success! :D

Roster is;

FiveRings
pigswill << Up
woopdeedoo << On Deck
Cam​

Yeah, sorry for the mix-up, good to have you checking, Cam! What's S+T, btw?

Sorry ... I hate abbreviations myself! :crazyeye:

Well, I must admit, I don't (hate them) as long as I understand them...;)

Thanks for the link! An excellent game of P's (I might understand his/her logic in choosing that word, or sort of, but it doesn't make it easier for us, who have to use it from time to time. I am not sure that even Flying Dragon'ig will make me much more comfortable...) I don't buy it, though, that this is P's first attempt at IMM, just no way!

After spending some time on the WarAcademy page, I might as well ask about the meaning of S+M, I guess.

I've just Googled it ... "Symphony and Metallica: ... a live album by the American heavy metal band Metallica, with the San Francisco Symphony conducted by Michael Kamen. It was recorded on April 21&#8211;22, 1999 at The Berkeley Community Theatre. This is the final Metallica album to feature Jason Newsted as bassist."

:rockon:

I might try to get a hold on it. Emerson, Lake and Palmer did a wonderful synthesis of pop and classics. I don't mind heavy metal but do prefer the older, lighter harsh sound: Black Sabbath, Led Zepp...

Got it.

Looks like we're quite behind on tech. I wouldn't fancy war vs Cyrus atm comparing power ratings.
Time for catch up, we could even be looking at modern warfare to win the game.

edit: that wasn't my first attempt at immortal, more like my 20th, only one win out of those, its the first immortal game that I actually felt I knew what I was doing however.

Asoka's very likely to cap to Peter by all appearances, and if not, Qin's WHEOOHRN and probably after Asoka's blood too.

I think 'yes', we need to improve our technological options - how far we need to go along the tech' tree I guess is debatable.

Dull ten turns.

Researched Al, astro, elec and fascism (GG), picked up physics and arty in trade. AIs are still ahead but not quite as much.

Asoka capped to Peter in 1765 after losing 5 cities in no time flat.

We got a GE which reduced Pentagon in Karakorum from 33 to 12 turns. Beshbalik's building Broadway. Cities are growing and bulding wealth/research.

Units are stacked south of Beshbalik, deleted a few pregunpowder units.

Got it.

Looks like we're quite behind on tech. I wouldn't fancy war vs Cyrus atm comparing power ratings.
Time for catch up, we could even be looking at modern warfare to win the game.

Agreed.

edit: that wasn't my first attempt at immortal, more like my 20th, only one win out of those, its the first immortal game that I actually felt I knew what I was doing however.

That was easily discernible, from your decision-making during our game as well. Great game that IMM, anyway!

BTW, your comments during SISIUTIL's first ALC, iirc, the Monti on Noble in WL, showed a very good understanding of CIV, and the # of comments - a long history of playing even then, back in 2006.

Also, you must be a very smart person, with a very high IQ, or CivQ: I have made more than two hundred attempts at the Emperor level with no avail...That's on huge, but this is a feeble excuse anyway. And the more important thing is that I still don't understand what's going on.

BTW, your summing-up of the game mechanics in the IMM game is excellent: actually, such thoughts have crossed my mind as well, but, of course, I had not good grounds to even externalize them.

I'd be interested to follow other games of yours, if you decide to invest further time in this.

Thanks for those kind words, obviously there are many players posting on the forum who are far better than I am. CivQ? :confused: :crazyeye:

Having played my set I'm wondering if we should adopt HPK (hardcore psycho-killer) and simply whip artillery everywhere and kill kill kill everyone. Maybe wait for Pentagon to be completed by us or someone else, maybe get biology then go 100% cash to upgrade cannon and rifles while waiting.

Had a quick look at the save. Very good job. I want to remove Cyrus from the game. I would like to see if he can be bribed into a war with someone and then backstab him. Consolidate our forces and eradicate him!!!

woop',

Please advise if you can't play ... it's been nearly a week since pigswill posted his turnset, and I'd rather not 'R.I.P.' this one.

I'll take it if we've not heard in a couple of days.

FiveRings,

I've got 'fairly' ecclectic music tastes, but coincidently Kashmir was the last song that I downloaded onto my iPod! Black Sabbath ... "lighter"? :lol:

Top Bottom