Mega City Tutorial (Playing Demo)

KAZUY4

Warlord
I know there are many users asking about a mega city. Perfect timing, because I'm so bored right know that I recorded a quick demo, 10 parts playing the demo with Romans. I hope this will help specially all new players with not experience in Civilization games.

Mega city part 1
Mega city part 2
Mega city part 3
Mega city part 4
Mega city part 5
Mega city part 6
Mega city Part 7
Mega city Part 8
Mega city Part 9
Mega City Part 10 and Final

PD: I'll post the link of the rest of the videos as soon as I finish upload them.
PD2: If you already know about this, do not waste your time watching this :p, I did not try to win the game in any category, just show the idea of a mega city.

*********** Updated **********

Nice tutorial!

Had all different victories on King with this tactic. Still haven't tried it on Deity though, that's next up!

You are welcome guys, I'll do wherever I can to help the new community that comes with Revolution.

KAZUY4 you are my hero, send me a friend request so we could own together sometime! (well you own, me attempt to own)

Send it at Widowmaker313 !

Good job, KAZUY4. :thumbsup: Watching videos is a great way to learn how to play.

My brother just used your videos to get a 1700 gold producing per turn city THANKS KAZUY4

No problem, just remember that playing with other civilizations will be way to different. If you try to do the same in the demo with Egyptians probably is going to take you longer because you need to research Codes of Law first to obtain the republican gob. But is funny, you can create you own strategies with each civilization because as you may know Egyptians starts with +1 food +1 trade in desert tiles, so you know what to do :D, go for Trading post and make those tiles grow :D, that is why is so important to get codes of law as soon as you can, so you can start working in you mega city.

Kazuy4, do you mean Mega City can be general strategy? Just rush to code of laws and start from there? What other strategy can you adapt untill you have researched code of laws?

Kazuy4, do you mean Mega City can be general strategy? Just rush to code of laws and start from there? What other strategy can you adapt untill you have researched code of laws?

Of course, remember that with Romans is more easy because they already have the Republican Government and 1/2 of roads, but does not mean that you can't use the same strategy with another civ. It's all about adaptation and taking advantage of you civilization bonus as soon as you can. If you are a German, probably you may want to have a quick army and attack really fast or if you are American you may want to start looking for a perfect location for you mega city that includes gold or a lot of trades (Americans receive 2% interest on gold).
Do not get crazy but rush the codes of law as soon as you can. But in the meantime search for relics, barbarians villages and also... VERY IMPORTANT, do not let you opponent expand or start building a mega city in front of you eyes. If you have an army patrolling you opponent territory, attack and capture every settler that you can, EVERYONE, do not care about war, nothing, that is a huge advantage, to get a free settler :p. But that is the key, SEARCH AND DESTROY, do not let you opponent grow faster than you. As soon as you capture that settlers... you are 1 step behind you enemy, even without codes of law.

Another important point is, DO NOT RUSH SETTLERS if you don't have a republican government , wait for the first settler for free when you get 100 gold.
So if you are a German, Aztec or Zulu vs a Roman you may want to start harrasing him since the beginning, spend resources to get at least to armies and do not let him expand.

I can't find a video that I recorded a couple of days ago. I was playing MP vs a Roman, I was using Egyptians, and I was harrasing him with 3 armies at the early game, I did not let him expand, I took control of the map and he was so concentrated in build his mega city that after a few mins he left the game :D

Nice set of videos. I enjoyed watching them.

This strategy is made possible simply due to one fact: No fear of starvation. The first time I saw your videos, I was thinking to myself, how is he feeding all that population in his super city? Then I found out that there is no element of starvation whatsoever. Well now... that is a HUGE difference from Civ4.

I would like to remind people that this set of videos is just a pure demonstration of a so-called mega city, and does not necessarily reflect how one should play every game. As he mentions, this is only made so effective due to Romans' bonus of having republic early. Also, at higher levels, I doubt AI civilizations will just leave you alone so peacefully especially when some of your cities are not even adequately defended. In multiplayer, this will be even harder to pull since good players will know right off the bat not to let you alone peacefully.

Anyhow, thank you again for the videos.

i played a multiplayer game recently against 2 zulu openents(the third had quit at the beggining). I had romans and basically bluffed my way out of being massacred on the first few turns by pretending i had no idea how to play the game. They ended up going to war on each other and it gave me time to get 2 mega cities and win with an economic victory lol. This strategy is a lot harder to pull off in multiplayer now as most people know about it and will rush you early on if they expect you do.

I know there are many users asking about a mega city. Perfect timing, because I'm so bored right know that I recorded a quick demo, 10 parts playing the demo with Romans. I hope this will help specially all new players with not experience in Civilization games.

Mega city part 1
Mega city part 2
Mega city part 3
Mega city part 4
Mega city part 5
Mega city part 6
Mega city Part 7
Mega city Part 8
Mega city Part 9
Mega City Part 10 and Final

PD: I'll post the link of the rest of the videos as soon as I finish upload them.
PD2: If you already know about this, do not waste your time watching this :p, I did not try to win the game in any category, just show the idea of a mega city.

If your going to show people how to use a Feeding/Mega City strat do it in the MP. Sure you might be able to show them the contruction of what it's supposed to look like and the process of how it's supposed to be done. But playing on Chieftan where you get around an 80% handicap is not the way to go. Along with other bonuses as well. Because it won't prepare them for what to do if your unit get's injured. But irregardless of that, I hope people will see and learn from what you've done bro.

Thanks for the videos Kaz, really demonstrated the power of the Mega City, I'll try this strategy on a game tonight on King. :)

I'm pretty sure this strategy could work well with the Mongols too. Any captured Barbarian city converts to your nation, and Barbarian cities are easy to capture (so long as you find them first ofc). I got 5 cities very quickly like this yesterday, though they weren't always in the perfect spot, and in hindsight they would have worked perfectly as Settler Pumps (though with 2 pop costs, so maybe not).

I noticed when you were waiting for the 250 gold to get free currency that if you finish currency when you get 250 you get banking for free so it might be smarter to get currency and get banking for free real quick.

Admins, can we pin this thread? I have people sending me messages regarding how to build the mega city and things like that :p , thank you.

Wow. Very nice. :D

It's 3am. Can't wait to try this out tomorrow morning for some extra fun.

Admins, can we pin this thread? I have people sending me messages regarding how to build the mega city and things like that :p , thank you.
I will move it to the Strategy Articles forum.

While it's not really article, it qualifies as reference material. :)

Top Bottom