Post Short Tips/Tricks Here

If you are going to build Oxford, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS (Yes, it's that important to be repeated and in all caps) make sure Industrialization is your last researched tech. If you see you're going to build Oxford before getting Industrialization, switch to building a different wonder for a turn or two, and if you are going to get a new tech before building Oxford, quickly switch research to another tech. This is that important because your free tech will be Advanced Flight. This allows the building of Bombers /way/ before your opponent can build Fighters. For pretty much an entire era you'll be able to drop bombs from the sky, destroying your enemy's armies with your 108 attack veteran Flying Fortress Wings (Then again, I was playing on Warlord today, just because I can. It is a little lower on the real difficulties), killing everyone and thing that dares to stand in your way.

hi new to this website but wondering if you can help me out, i read someone’s thread saying if you settle on four plains = 20 gld early on in the game? If this is right is there another special resources apart from the obvious?

This is an obvious one - but I didn't see it posted directly and I never started using it until I started playing online:

When you are at war with another civ build single defensive units and place them in the roads, production and food squares of enemy cities - this cuts them off from their resources and once your units get fortified it can be a real pain to get rid of them.

I have the Iphone version and PS3 version and to be honest dont bother with being diplomatic on the Iphone version... was really nice to Monty Abe and Izzy early game then late game they stomped me while I was finishing the UN -_-

Destroy coast huggers... so when somebidy drops a galley in your bay it stops boats being create and also the AI can throw catapults and legions out in ancient era and then without moving the galley 2000 years later you have rifles, cannons and knights on your doorstep... I just found out on Deity with Toku -_-

On the City Screen, clicking the L3 button on PS3 goes directly to the custom worker management.

You can delete a unit by clicking R3 button on PS3.

Does anyone know the controls for the 360?

Okay cool thanks. I got so used to the DS version that now I have to learn the 360 one.

Great tips BTW. I'm trying several of them as I go for the achievement for winning with all civs.

Sounds like fun, though I'll probably get slaughtered.

My GT is Vypernight by the way.

Is there a way to start a random game without your city getting immediately built? I was playing as the Indians, and they placed me just out of reach of some MAD resources. If I'd had a couple turns, I could've placed my city right next to them (They let you in the DS version though).

Still, I must've done something right because I built the UN in 3 turns under Monarchy (I have no idea how I pulled that one off!).

Sounds like fun, though I'll probably get slaughtered.

We're pretty good about training people up. The game has been out for a few years and pwning noobs has very much gotten old. We want quality opponents and will help you get there.

My GT is Vypernight by the way.

Mine is El Thrasher. Feel free to add me when you're ready to jump online.

Is there a way to start a random game without your city getting immediately built? I was playing as the Indians, and they placed me just out of reach of some MAD resources. If I'd had a couple turns, I could've placed my city right next to them (They let you in the DS version though).

Are you playing on Chieftain level? All you have to do is move up to Warlord and you'll start the game as a settler instead of a city. Most of us do make it a habit to move our settlers are the start.

Yeah I was playing chieftan as I tested out civs and strategies. I'm ready to move it up though.

Yeah I was playing chieftan as I tested out civs and strategies. I'm ready to move it up though.

Hey, I'm not judging. It's a game for fun! Chieftain is the only difficulty in which you start off with your city settled. Some of the scenarios start you off with multiple cities settled (in horrible locations usually), but in the vanilla game above chieftain (and in MP), you start as a settler.

Not a problem. For my next game, I want to try Mongols on the Earth map, sort of a Khan's Revenge game. I figure for a dmonination victory, I need to get my new cities to grow quickly, at least at first, so they can be instantly be turned into army factories. I also want to get to Feudalism ASAP for Knights. Should be a fun game no matter what happens.

A warrior takes 3 turns to build in the start if you get 4 hammers, but it still only takes 3 turns if on the first turn you get 2 apples + two hammers and for the next two turns get 4 hammers. If you do this for both of your warriors you can gain an extra population one turn earlier.

Top Bottom