Will there be even more stupid quotes in this game?

SpartanPete

Chieftain
I know the firaxis guys consider themselver comedians with leader quotes in the civ games, despite the fact 90% of civ players want it feel REAL.

Anyway I believe i just saw someone call someone else "smelly" in the video trailer? Please god no! Simplier and streamlined i can live with, but if your throw childish quotes like this in there its game over.

Expect to see more of the same quotes.

Civ 2 and Civ 1 were where it's at for the quotes.

I know the firaxis guys consider themselver comedians with leader quotes in the civ games, despite the fact 90% of civ players want it feel REAL.

Anyway I believe i just saw someone call someone else "smelly" in the video trailer? Please god no! Simplier and streamlined i can live with, but if your throw childish quotes like this in there its game over.

I agree that some of the dialogue is over the top at times - too much "Dumb and Dumber." But, I wouldn't draw the line at "game over." I've recently been playing SMAC/x again. The dialogue in that game is spot-on.

Come on Firaxis, give us SMAC II! Blizzard is revisiting Starcraft, with Starcraft II releasing next year. :please:

You'll get quotes. Over the top? Maybe.

You will also often see "Sid's Quote"s: things Sid has said, many of them only within the confines of the Firaxis offices. (IIRC, these are in the Civilopedia entries.) They are usually appropriate to the subject, and are often hilarious. ;)

You'll get quotes. Over the top? Maybe.
Further to that: I've talked about some of the diplomacy dialogue in the second part of my preview of the game and -- yes -- some of it is 'over the top'. But it's clever, intuitive and straight-forward just as much of the time and more so when it needs to be. Similarly, even where the dialogue is over the top it does not strike me as being distractingly so.

You will also often see "Sid's Quote"s: things Sid has said, many of them only within the confines of the Firaxis offices. [..] They are usually appropriate to the subject, and are often hilarious. ;)
QFT. I'll be talking about this specifically, with some examples, in an upcoming part of my preview.

Top Bottom