EVG Team DG Embassy Thread

FortyJ

Deity
I beg your pardon for the intrusion into this forum, but I would like to take a brief moment to invite everyone here to help shape the future of friendly intersite competition for Civilization.

Evolution Games has just announced a new team demogame contest. Instead of the traditional pbem method of play, however, this game will be played online at regularly scheduled play sessions. Instead of waiting a day or more for each turn to pass, this game should allow teams to complete up to 20 turns or more each week!

This is an exciting opportunity here to help play test this method for possible use in future intersite competitions, so come on and join up and be a part of history!

http://evo-games.net/Home/viewtopic.php?t=2210

PS. Is it too late to nominate Cyc for something? ;)

Turner, it's ok. It's common to have "Embassies" in demogames. :) (And FortyJ was a long time member of the old demogame).

EDIT: Link/Thread restored, and renamed for less confusion. Just a note to other users, embassy thread are allowed in the demogame. It's a long standing tradition.

Our embassy thread is now here.

Never too late to start an old tradition back up.

Wow. I go away for a little while, and the kids no longer recognize me. :( I mean, I may not have been the original crew, but I'm definitely old school. ;)

Anyway, I certainly didn't want to step on anyone's toes, but there's no reason why people involved in this DG can't get involved with the team game over at EVG, especially since that game is basically a practice game for possible future IDGs.

Sorry to see that there were some legal problems with this DG - seems like old habits die hard.... It would have been really nice to leave those problems behind with the last version of the game.

Anyway, I look forward seeing this DG take off with the same passion and enjoyment of DGs long past. Maybe, I'll be fortunate enough to catch a few TCs too.

Hey FortyJ, how's it going out in Evo land? I suspect the old timers and newcomers alike are so caught up in the current storm that they haven't been thinking about pleasantries. As always, you're quite welcome to hang around a bit, and feel free to register and jump on in if you want.

We're actually somewhat in need of an unbiased and respected opinion on the current state of things, so if you want to make any comments or suggestions as a bystander who doesn't have anything at stake, please do. :D

Excellent news on getting the game started. I hope I can make it this afternoon for the creation chat. It's been quite a while since I've been witness to one of those.

I'll also take this occasion to update everyone on our progress over at EVG:

Some CFCers are already familiar with Great Scott's Realpolitik game which is getting started over at EVG in the Multiplayer Matchup forums. It too is a democracy game of sorts, so I'll let him establish his own embassy if he desires, but I wanted to mention that the game has generated a definite buzz.

On the team-demogame front at EVG, we've alread begun establishing teams and team members have access to their private forums and discussions have begun on what civs to use, etc. One very interesting twist in Civ4, is the possibility of more than one team playing as the same civ/leader. We'll have to see if this happens or not, but it'll be interesting regardless.

We've also posted the settings polls and we hope to begin the game within the next month. Once again, our game is being played in real-time (not PBEM), so there's a good chance that both of our games will be following along with each other at a similar pace. Maybe when we reach a later technology, we can incorporate some RPG elements between our two worlds.

I've provided a link below for those who are interested in visiting, so please come and visit us at your convenience, and if you want, join in the fun. I'm sure that whatever experience you gain from the EVG demogame will help you here, and vice-versa, so the more crossovers we get, the better both games will be.

Forum Link: http://evo-games.net/Home/viewforum.php?f=240

Top Bottom