Caveman 2 Cosmos

It's still a problem! As I experienced in v. 7 and v. 8, in v. 9 I still don't have any dialog on the diplomacy screen. This makes diplomacy and trade impossible. I tried a similar mod (Quot Capita) that incorporates many of the things C2C does and the diplomacy screen works just fine. So what's the problem?? I would very much like to play this mod, but can't with this serious problem.

jimmygeo

Yeah, I've never had that problem myself. Then again, I wouldn't be worried about it myself if I did because I always turn OFF tech trading to make it a fair game and very rarely ever give any civ open borders. I could do without the trade system entirely in most games.

It's still a problem! As I experienced in v. 7 and v. 8, in v. 9 I still don't have any dialog on the diplomacy screen. This makes diplomacy and trade impossible. I tried a similar mod (Quot Capita) that incorporates many of the things C2C does and the diplomacy screen works just fine. So what's the problem?? I would very much like to play this mod, but can't with this serious problem.

jimmygeo

A screenie would be nice, and are you talking about regular diplo or advanced?

Have you checked the FAQ? If I remember correctly it is usually caused when something went wrong with the install. Did you remove the older version of Cavemen2Cosmos before installing then new?

Yes, I have read thru the FAQ twice and found no reference to my problem. As far as installing goes, I have had this problem after installing three different versions of the mod. And I always hold down the shift key when loading in order to empty the cache.

jimmygeo

Yes, I have read thru the FAQ twice and found no reference to my problem. As far as installing goes, I have had this problem after installing three different versions of the mod. And I always hold down the shift key when loading in order to empty the cache.

jimmygeo

I meant, did you delete the Caveman2Cosmos folder before installing a new version? Other than that the only thing I can think of is maybe your Custom Assets are interfering. However that is defined in a file in the download and is correct. So I am stumped.

I had a very similar, impossible to fix problem with several consescutive versions of RAND. The only way I could get it to work was to completely uninstal and reinstall the game and the mods. I think that the problem was caused by my error - an incorrect install of RAND. Once I screwed things up, then just deleting and reinstalling the mod wouldn't make it work.

jimmygeo

Do you have a copy of RoM or AND installed in your X: Program Files/.../Bts/Mods folder?

If you have installed the Mod in the My Documents Path that could also be your problem.

If you have an x64 OS then the Program Files Path would actually be Program Files (x86).

Since you have experienced this with 3 versions I would venture that you still have a copy of AND or RoM in your Mod folder. Cut/Paste them into a folder outside of the game path for playing them later.

JosEPh :)

There is a bug regarding Immigrant unit. You are able to build Immigrant in a city of size 1 to reduce it to 0.What is more interesting You can build more reducing to -1 and after another try I was able to do -2 population in the city. Now, you cannot join immigrant unit to the city of 0 or negative population , plus your building abilities are limited. There should be some limitation for Immigrant unit 'city population size' wise.

I think I will give up on this mod it's very cool but also way too bugged. I played like 5 games, at first had problems with MAFs, so I started to play smaller maps with less civs, but there is always something that will pi*s my game. Once textures won't load, another time MAFs start even before middle ages, another time AIs are too weak and almost don't found new cities, this time It freezes when I try to end turn. Tried to load several autosaves but it always freezes at the end of the same turn. I'm sick of starting all over again, what's the point of playing this if I can't get any single proper game?
I tried to look at logs but there are a lot of them, lot of data and errors.. This could be really great mod if it is playable...

I think I will give up on this mod it's very cool but also way too bugged. I played like 5 games, at first had problems with MAFs, so I started to play smaller maps with less civs, but there is always something that will pi*s my game. Once textures won't load, another time MAFs start even before middle ages, another time AIs are too weak and almost don't found new cities, this time It freezes when I try to end turn. Tried to load several autosaves but it always freezes at the end of the same turn. I'm sick of starting all over again, what's the point of playing this if I can't get any single proper game?
I tried to look at logs but there are a lot of them, lot of data and errors.. This could be really great mod if it is playable...

You can often get past those freezes with a couple of different fix methods. The first involves using the worldbuilder to eliminate any new barb civs that have emerged... they are buggy and in the other thread for this Dancing Hoskuld posted a patch to disable them completely for now.

I usually find a declaration of war on the offending civilization (one is freezing in an infinite loop usually...) can often get past such end of turn freezes... not the most elegant solution but if often works.

If you are finding errors in the logs, post them. We all want to make this a more solid platform. V9 in fact has primarily been an effort in debugging more than anything else. And more work on this is to come. The problems we are having largely stem from the base mods we built this on and some of those issues are very difficult to uproot. But we're getting there.

Having the textures not load is often a good sign that its either time for a computer restart or you can sometimes just restart the game clearing the cache (hold shift as you load the game). This is not uncommon for me either and represents clogged memory.

I also find that this mod often should be played at a difficulty level or two higher than you may normally play because the AI still needs some work to get it to keep up... right now that makes them extra challenging in the very early stage but they will likely lag later on... another effort in progress is to help the ai understand what they need to build and the order in which they need to build it to keep up with a human player.

Oh, and with immigrants... I had that issue myself but don't see it as a bug, per se... just something to be aware of when you are building them... don't let your city go beneath 1!

Thank you for your reply, I tried to erase almost every civ including all barbarian cities in world builder and it worked. Now I just have to find out which one is causing troubles. It's not very elegant sollution cause I had to see the entire map but I guess it's still better than starting over.

Regarding that texture issue, strange thing was that if I rebooted system multiple times they did load eventually. But sometimes I had to do it more than 10 times. I mostly use W7 64bit. When I loaded the same game in Win XP 32bit there was no problem. Also I'm not sure whether it was not connected to system updates because I didn't have this problem before, It's also not happening now and I installed several updates to the system at that time. Then I reinstalled them all, ran a new game and suddenly I have not had this problem since. Strange..

Btw when I build research/culture/wealth/espionage in cities, 100% of their production is converted to r/c/w/e. I think it's way too much. In early game(and later probably too) if I have cities with good production I can very easily multiply my research and gain significant advantage over AI. As far as I remember in vanilla civ4 this was set to 10-25% and it worked just fine..

There is a bug regarding Immigrant unit. You are able to build Immigrant in a city of size 1 to reduce it to 0.What is more interesting You can build more reducing to -1 and after another try I was able to do -2 population in the city. Now, you cannot join immigrant unit to the city of 0 or negative population , plus your building abilities are limited. There should be some limitation for Immigrant unit 'city population size' wise.

It appears that "we" may have missed something when converting the Immigrant mod to BUG form and this is the consequence. In theory you should not be able to produce an immigrant in cities with less than population size 9! All the code is there, I think we have just forgotten to tell BUG about it so it is not being "linked" in.

Edit: The Callback definitions are not set on. However callbacks slow down game turns. This means that the Immigration mod will be removed.

Hi everyone...love the mod, made me come back to civ4, great job. I got an issue with establishing embassies thou, some people seem to have same problem but i haven't found a solution so correct me if i'm wrong but u only need writing tech to be able to do that or some other are needed? I just discovered alphabet and switched to open borders civic but still no option in diplo. auto trade routes working fine, got road connections.... i'm running v9. plz help

Question about minimum system requirements for 'caveman to cosmos.'

I run Xp on PC: AMD Athlon 64x2, dual core proc 5200+, 2 GB ram, I b video ram (nvidia). Will I be able to run Caveman to cosmos on a small or regular map? I play ROM-AND fine, with no problems.

You have to enable those options in diplomacy tab in the bug options menu.
Its the red bug in the top left corner.
Thanks, I totally forgot about those.
I run Xp on PC: AMD Athlon 64x2, dual core proc 5200+, 2 GB ram, I b video ram (nvidia). Will I be able to run Caveman to cosmos on a small or regular map? I play ROM-AND fine, with no problems.
Ram might be a problem, even on smaller maps You may have MAFs later in a game.This mod is huge...but only way to find out is to try it ;) . If AND works fine this one should too

Thanks, I'm downloading caveman... cosmos modmod now. I looked for the 3GB switch info but can't find it. Would you please post a link to it... looking forward to the cavemen.....

Have a look at this near the bottom of the thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7175018&postcount=7

Make sure you do the 3GB switch.

The 3GB switch is no use if you only have 2GB of memory.:lol:

Thanks, I'm downloading caveman... cosmos modmod now. I looked for the 3GB switch info but can't find it. Would you please post a link to it... looking forward to the cavemen.....

It is always near the top of the Rise of Mankind forums see thread

The 3GB switch is no use if you only have 2GB of memory.:lol:

Actually technically, the 3GB switch has absolutely nothing to do with physical memory. In fact, it would have meaning if you even had 512M of physical memory. The 3GB switch is all about virtual memory and dividing up the 4GB virtual memory space that all XP machines utilize, regardless of physical memory.

Just sayin...

Top Bottom