Egypt is Pwnage

I'll clarify what I said.

The way I take it as, is if you research a technology, the type of GP (Not the exact one) associated with that tech is put into a queue of great people.

Here is for Morte, I underline the part where I wasn't sure if I was right or not.

Jauggy, you're a little new around here, but Morte is a little pest most of the time, so don't worry about him.

First off, I did a little testing and all of what you said (Morte) is mostly wrong, from my results. Here is a little theory I came up with, that pretty much explains the GP, in my mind. The civilization you choose doesn't matter what GP you will get first, it only matters what you build, and what you tech. Secondly, it's not the last technology, it's a percent of all of them, which I will explain a little farther down. I played as England, and sure enough, I got a Great Leader as I researched Bronze Working first, and only built warriors, archers and a settler. I believe your math is a little off too, Morte. I don't think what you build is done in percentages, but I believe it is a multiplier. Say you research bronze working, then pottery, then Irrigation. If you get your first GP and you only have those three techs, the percent you get a great Leader (Bronze Working), Scientist (Pottery) and Humanitarian (Irrigation) increase, but the chance you get a Great Builder and a Great Explorer are still there. Then, what you have been building is used as a multiplier, to add to these percentages. So, Jauggy got a Great Builder first, meaning that he probably built a building. He didn't research any Great Builder technology, but because of the building he built, he got a multiplier towards getting a Great Builder, which only had a small percentage of getting, until he built a building/wonder.

I'll clarify what I said.

Here is for Morte, I underline the part where I wasn't sure if I was right or not.

Jauggy, you're a little new around here, but Morte is a little pest most of the time, so don't worry about him.

First off, I did a little testing and all of what you said (Morte) is mostly wrong, from my results. Here is a little theory I came up with, that pretty much explains the GP, in my mind. The civilization you choose doesn't matter what GP you will get first, it only matters what you build, and what you tech. Secondly, it's not the last technology, it's a percent of all of them, which I will explain a little farther down. I played as England, and sure enough, I got a Great Leader as I researched Bronze Working first, and only built warriors, archers and a settler. I believe your math is a little off too, Morte. I don't think what you build is done in percentages, but I believe it is a multiplier. Say you research bronze working, then pottery, then Irrigation. If you get your first GP and you only have those three techs, the percent you get a great Leader (Bronze Working), Scientist (Pottery) and Humanitarian (Irrigation) increase, but the chance you get a Great Builder and a Great Explorer are still there. Then, what you have been building is used as a multiplier, to add to these percentages. So, Jauggy got a Great Builder first, meaning that he probably built a building. He didn't research any Great Builder technology, but because of the building he built, he got a multiplier towards getting a Great Builder, which only had a small percentage of getting, until he built a building/wonder.

Only few words to answer you.

Are you sure I'm the pest? Maybe I'm only trying to tell him what is wrong before you give him wrong percentages and not only. Saying use zulu or saying use the worst civ is not a suggestion.

There's also backfilling techs. If you have enough beakers, some of the low techs you get automatically. So I may have got a builder from having horseback riding - which I may have got automatically due to having 20 beakers (the requirement to finish it in 1 turn).

However, there's still too much randomness to force a certain GP if you have several techs.

Also a correction to your post - pottery is associated with a great artist (Plato), not scientist.

How are you getting to the modern era at 0 AD? Is this MP? Curious because iv taken over capitals with eygpt and still havent made it to modern that early. Also there is times where i dont get a signifcant amount of deserts.

I love Egypt.

If I am fortunate enough to start with, 2 desert, 2 forest, and Collusus; I like my chances against anybody. You just better hope that there is no Scientist given to go along with it. With a Library you are 32 per turn, with only 2 squares. That is deadly at the beginning of the game.

It seems this thread is also missing the importance of the Wonder given. We all know the advantages of Collusus and the Gardens. But the Culture increase is huge in achieving the next Great Person, AND protecting yourself from a flip.

I know where you're wrong here. First of all, your Egyptian science beakers/turn is waaay off. If you can only get 60-120 beakers a turn at year 0, you're doing something really wrong. I can easily get 300 beakers before 0 AD, usually more though. Today on a team game, I settled my capital by 2 grassland, 2 forest, 2 desert and 2 sea tiles. I was the first person to get Masonry and had 4 cities before 2500 BC. With quick expansion, and utilizing the deserts, I was getting over 1000 beakers a turn a little after year 0, because the Romans took one of my cities, due to bad defense on my part (Would've had 1000 science per turn a lot sooner). I started off with the Hanging Gardens (hence why I was able to get out the 4th settler so quickly) and got lucky and got a galley from a Barbarian village, which gave me the Pyramids from the artifact I found.

Egypt is a lot stronger bonus wise comparing the desert to sea squares than Japan. Around Deserts, there are a lot of hills, mountains and rivers, which is a production, growth and science mine. As Japan, if you're Japan and like you said, work 7 sea squares. Your 8th square will only be a forest. You lack production, where Egypt has everything it needs to win.

1000 beakers year 0ad? I dont believe it. Pyramids gave u that expansion lucky i think.

Top Bottom