What are HoF, Democracy, GotM, Succession GOTM and Team games

Roller123

Prince
I know only PBEM, which is where every player makes its turn and sends the savegame to the next player in queue to proceed. But the above ones i kinda couldnt figure out even after browsing the forums. Thanks.

in the HOF you play a single player map and after winning the game submit it to the HOF staff who make sure certain rules are kept (no reloading, worldbuilding etc.) and then enter it into their tables so you can compare your results against other players' results - certain other events are held there as well (with specific settings for the games).
in the Democracy games a large group of people play one game in that they create a meta game (a "society") in which the next moves are decided.
in GoTM you play a specific single player save game which all other participants play as well - so that you can compare your results on a specific map to each other.
a Succession game (I guess what you call a team game) is a multiplayer game where a team takes turns in playing one single player game - e.g. player one plays 10 turns, then player 2 plays 10 turns, then player 3 plays 10 turns, then player 1 plays 10 turns etc. The Succession GoTMs take this and provide a competition between multiple teams all playing from the same initial save.

HoF = Hall of Fame
Gotm - Game of the month
Succesion GOTM - Succession Game of the month

A team game is just like any other game only you have teammates :x
I'm not so sure what can possibly be confusing about this concept.

Thanks ori. Cashew reading the above descriptions a "team game" appears to be quite different from a regular team game.

When people refer to team games they usually mean the multiplayer kind where you just have 2 teams of 3-5 players on each team. Unless team game has some other new special meaning that I'm unaware of it means exactly what you think it would.

If that would be the case i wouldnt be asking right. A "team game" here is a game with one team, where each team member plays X turns of a regular singleplayer game. This may not be the definition of what a "team game" is(debatable), but this is what appears to be going in a "team-game" subforum, hence my question. :D

If that would be the case i wouldnt be asking right. A "team game" here is a game with one team, where each team member plays X turns of a regular singleplayer game. This may not be the definition of what a "team game" is(debatable), but this is what appears to be going in a "team-game" subforum, hence my question. :D

If you're going to try and tell me what the word is why would you bother asking anyone? As mentioned that is a succession game not a team game.

If someone says a "team game" they certainly seem to be implying they mean a teamer which is exactly what it sounds like it would be.

Thx Padma that cleared it up for me. Cashew I'm asking whose who know the answer. If you think there is some kind of civ4 football style game running, thats fine by me, i dont particularly care. Only shows the level of confusion and the need for this thread.

Top Bottom