Playing as Every Civilization

Smellincoffee

Trekkie At Large
Last night I finished a game as the Turks, a domination victory achieved before even researching military tradition because I popped three Military Leaders. More importantly, however, that game marked my having played a Civilization III game as every nation. It only took me eleven years to get around to it. :lol: It's been a 'goal' of mine ever since 2007, though my on-again off-again relationship with the game meant it took a lot longer than I figured. I know it doesn't take most people eleven years to get around to playing the very popular Turks, but it did me. The finale was my invading an archipelago containing the Persians, Arabs, and Byzantines. My armies of knights, crusaders, and ancient cavalry crushed the Immortals, Asnar Warriors, and Mongolian Keshiks. I suppose I'll have to play another game to try out the Siphai. :lol:

How about yourselves - -have you played a game as every nation? Are there any you'll never play again? Did you discover you liked a civ more than you thought you would?

I am sure I have played all of them, 31 iirc. Not sure I remember them any longer though. Henry was my least favorite. No idea which I played the most, guessing it would be France.

Congratulations on your achievement, Smellincoffee. I have never tried to do that, and as there as a few civilizations that I really do not want to play, probably never will. Besides, I really like the SeaFaring Civilizations. I am, on another game, trying to play every map, from A to Y (which might give it away), and have discovered that is not really easy. I am much better at maps with water, the more the better, than I am with all land maps. That holds true for Civilizations for me as well.

Yeah, it's funny how you get attached to your favourite AI civs, even though they're all pretty much similar unless you're HoF'ing.

I was playing the Hittites the other day, not because I thought they'd match my Archipelago plans, but just because I wanted to have a crack with the Hittites as I'd never really played them before, lol.

In my imagination I seem to attribute the concept of 'boring' to some AI civs and 'exciting' to others, but there's no real logic to it, I just always imagine Hittites, Carthage, Portugal, Spain, America as too boring to bother with while Greeks, English, Zulu, India, China I imagine as 'fun'.

I should think everyone here does something similar but with completely different results :crazyeye:

I have also played every nation, I deliberated started by playing a different one every game so that took me 31 games. I prefer Huge maps so it took a while. Now I've played most of them at least twice. I'm not sure I have a favourite but I have played the Incas the most.

Iroquois, China and Ottoman UU's are fun to play. I also love nuking enemies with Dromons!
I haven't tried every civ yet, but may eventually get there.

I can still remember a lot of them; my first game was as the Aztecs, followed by a game as Germany. My first game as Babylon, in my chieftan days, saw me being the world scientist, researching at 100% on the gold per turn that people were paying me for my last breakthrough. I did a lot of diplomatic victories back then, with Korea, the Iroquois, and others. China starred in my first Warlord game, and I achieved my first cultural win with Japan. My American game was an all-time favorite, and on a European map I've done England, France, Germany, and Rome to death. I used India when I first started this quest in 2007, around the same time I played as the Maya, and both were domination wins (violence and India are a cliche now, aren't they?). I played as Spain several times, most memorably in the Napoleonic map (where I won!); my first game in Conquests was with the Sumerians. The Arabs, Maya, Inca, Mongols, Portuguese,, and Vikings were all relatively recent, within the last three years,and all were conquest or domination.

And there are so many games I can't remember!

I think my favorite game was as the Romans, using custom units on a map that included Italy, Illyria, Sicily, Sardinia, and a good chunk of what is known today as Tunisia. I used siege towers to take on the Celts, and then launched an invasion of Carthage! By the time I got to Carthage I was using tanks and infantry, though. :lol:

Top Bottom