Project SYNTHESIS

I meant moved back as in to happening later. I was trying to say the same thing as u :D.For the Phoenicians is it possible to totally stop them from settling into Anatolia. The reason i do'nt want these indies is becuz they might inhibit the settling of later civs but then again i don't play 3000 Bc that often.

Ill post about the respawn in wiki spaces from now on but one last thing. Since Babylon as Iraq wont (in my opinion) work, wats ur plan. Fatimids (and other egyptian muslim dynasties) can be a respawn of Egypt but that still leaves the question about Babylon?

More elaborate discussion can continue in the wiki but, briefly:
Either:

1) Iraq
2) No respawn; just the regular respawn that can happen after Nationalism, like in standard RFC

I, for one, prefer choice 2.

As for Indie cities:

The Hittite city/ cities would flip to Byzantium/ Turkey anyways.
Harappa- The plan is to have it razed by barbs. Worse comes to worst it flips to India.

The Hittite city/ cities would flip to Byzantium/ Turkey anyways.
Harappa- The plan is to have it razed by barbs. Worse comes to worst it flips to India.

The name of the Hitite city would unhistorical and their placement might not be to the choice of players.

I though you wanted to add Taxila. Since Taxila is in between the mountain and river ( the pass) and Harappa is one tile south east(other side of the river) it might not work out. Id rather have an indie Taxila that flips to nobody but can be conquered by Persia or India.

We really dont much about the above civs and their role in history is also minimal

Guys a quick poll:

Should Inquisitors be allowed to remove Holy Cities?

(the Holy City would be relocated, but still)

no, that does not happen in the real world. (at least I can't think of an example of that ever happening)

How do u work the wiki thing; would'nt it be easier just to make another thread.

As for the Inquisitor, perhaps in rare and unhistorical cases.
By rare, i mean removing Zoroastarianism for Sihraz.
By unhistorical, i mean some wierd scenario where Confucianism's holy city is in Iraq (i dont even know if that can happen).

I had a religious unit idea I thought you guys might like. Its kinda obvious so forgive me if its already out there:

the pilgrim

send him to a holy city, perform a "pilgrimage" mission and receive an appropriate missionary back home to start converting your cities. you could also get a friendly point with the owner of the holy city, in addition to the friendly points you get for converting to his religion, so it could be useful diplomatically, and great for those times when the religion you want just won't spread to you. probably needs to be able to cross borders to be really useable.

If it can remove holy cities, there should be big penalties for it, in the real world I imagine there'd be uproar

How do u work the wiki thing; would'nt it be easier just to make another thread.

You have to create an account first. I'll post a guide soon if you still can't figure it out.

I had a religious unit idea I thought you guys might like. Its kinda obvious so forgive me if its already out there:

the pilgrim

send him to a holy city, perform a "pilgrimage" mission and receive an appropriate missionary back home to start converting your cities. you could also get a friendly point with the owner of the holy city, in addition to the friendly points you get for converting to his religion, so it could be useful diplomatically, and great for those times when the religion you want just won't spread to you. probably needs to be able to cross borders to be really useable.

To be honest I really don't see the point. It seems superfluous if you ask me.

Does anyone else?

Also, how bout this wonder:

Empire State Building

I am also creating a SVN, like Leoreth in DoC, so you guys can actually start playing immediately- although the official release won't be till Friday.

As for Holy City Removal- I'm gonna implement it in the SVN, see how it plays out. I might ante up the penalties or remove it altogether in the final release.

Since the Inquisition mod includes the religious victory option, what do you guys think is a minimal religion threshold level (i.e., percentage of your state religion in the world)? Right now it's at 51%

Alright, guys, the SVN is officially OUT which means you can start playing/ testing!

See the original first post of the thread for SVN instructions, and info about what the SVN is if you don't know.

Alright, guys, the SVN is officially OUT which means you can start playing/ testing!

See the original first post of the thread for SVN instructions, and info about what the SVN is if you don't know.

What is the actual URL of the repository? It's not on the first post...

How did you implement the "plantations connect resources" feature? With the actsAsFort XML entry?

No i dont think thats the problem. Same thing happened with doc. I cant chekout from mod. For doc, i went inside the mod folder and cheked out from doc version. Then it created a new doc(svn version) in the original doc which i had to paste in mod folder and then i played. For ur mod that method does not work as it does not recognize ur mod and sends me to the main Bts screen. I suspect a administrative prob (even though im the admistrator)

Are you sure you names the new folder the SVN creates 'RFC Synthesis'?

Also, anyone else experiencing this problem?

Top Bottom