Bob the Builder: A Deity no Military Space OCC

Turinturambar

Prince
This is the story of the Great Warrior Bob. One night he dreamt of the stars and wanted to travel to them, so he founded a city and built lots of things there to find out how to get to the stars.

The rules are pretty simple: Bob does not want any other military unit next to him, so he is only allowed to create workers. He must win by building a spaceship and surviving until it lands.

Bob likes a challenge and uses the following settings: Deity Difficulty, No Barbarians, Pangaea, Standard Speed and High Sea Levels.

Meet Bob and his city:

Obviously Bob has chosen a rather nice place to live. 2 riverside gems, corn and marble and lots of nice forested hills.

In his quest for knowledge Bob starts researching agriculture and training a worker to let the city grow. Bob is pretty social and starts wandering around the countryside to meet new people.

Our closest neigbour, he is a funny looking guy:

Bob also learns the secret of bronzeworking from some friendly villagers. We meet more interesting people:

Julius "Want some salad?" Caesar of Rome, Charlemagne the Burger King of Holy Rome, Huayna Cuapac of the Aztecs and Brennus "I like to kill people" of the Celts.

After a couple of turns the worker finishes and Bob erects a monument in his honor, the worker starts improving the land and research goes to animal husbandry/writing.

In 2720 BC Bob learns to write:

So Bob is pretty smart now. What should he do next?

i'd tech masonry to get the marble online then try to grab GLib
or alphabet so you can get some diplo bonuses with the neighbours from tech trading

Good luck!

Bad luck on the enemy leaders. Two psycho warmongers and two religious nut backstabbers.

The rules are pretty simple: Bob does not want any other military unit next to him, so he is only allowed to create workers. He must win by building a spaceship and surviving until it lands.

Bob likes a challenge and uses the following settings: Deity Difficulty, No Barbarians, Pangaea, Standard Speed and High Sea Levels.

I don't want to discourage you but I will be honestly surprised if "Bob" makes it to the ADs :mischief:

We're all rooting for you though. Come on Bob!

The bad news is that unlike Bob I'm an idiot. I didn't take screenshots during the game and relied on my autosaves for the report. So after taking shots this morning up to 1AD for the report, I stupidly started a new game and lost all the saves except for the inital one.

But Bob will probably try to do the whole thing again, it might take a while though.

Do you not still have the save on exit save? it saves in the saves rather than the autosaves

I think Bob shud research the tech that takes as little time as possible. Then he should promote himself and see if he cant take some villages

P.S. can the cities make military units when Bob goes away?

Top Bottom